[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do I explain the draft to my girlfriend?

Skilly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell her your team is shopping for players, the way she shops for shoes.  She will understand.  :D

1424783[/snapback]

That's a good one! :D

...but I still don't understand how they can do that, and so often! :D So maybe she won't understand.

Tell her your team is shopping for players, the way she shops for shoes.  She will understand.  :D

1424783[/snapback]

:D That is definately one I will try. She might understand that example.

BTW, since this thread began, she is becomming less aggravated about the idea. She's still not used to the thought of me, the TV, and the remote all day on Sundays, but I have time to acclimate her. The brainwashing has begun!

:D That is definately one I will try.  She might understand that example.

BTW, since this thread began, she is becomming less aggravated about the idea. She's still not used to the thought of me, the TV, and the remote all day on Sundays, but I have time to acclimate her.  The brainwashing has begun!

1428102[/snapback]

Yeah but now that your team traded down, that 7:00 dinner is gonna be Chinese in the apartment :D

Does she see it as opportunity for profit? I scratch your back...

1422941[/snapback]

Now that I think about it, we were supposed to go out of town that weekend... :D

And so you don't think I'm cold and callous, I just didn't want to go to the Skagit Valley and see tulip fields. I didn't use the draft as an excuse, but rather I said I have a softball tournament.....which wasn't entirely true either.

:D

Maybe I am cold and callous. I did make her dinner two nights ago....

Edited by godtomsatan

If its an issue already, DO NOT HAVE HER MOVE IN.

This issue will grow and grow.  I can see it now, having to ask her for permission to watch the sunday game. 

You may as well get neutered while your at it. :D

1427370[/snapback]

I tend to agree with this. There are plenty of women in the world who will make an issue out of it but fewer that will not. Just tell her that this is something you enjoy doing. She should understand that and it should not be an issue. Now if you had kids......... :D

What do ya'll think:  mall money, plus a dinner and movie?  Is that fair compensation?

1422604[/snapback]

OK...I've just GOT to say this Skilly. You've obviously been seeing her for a while...she's moving in!

But as obsessive as you are with sports (not unlike the rest of us here), you are going to spend FAR more $$$ on all this "compensation" during a year than you can EVER hope to save by splitting rent. :D

This is going to be one EXPENSIVE relationship. :D

Tell her what she wants to hear. Guys are stupid and this is one of the stupid things we like to do. Please understand. She won’t but she will love the fact that you said that guys are stupid and call her friends and tell them that you are watching some stupid thing where football players put on different hats and take pictures and they will all laugh and have a good time...till the season starts.

In my big money local league we have draft chicks that show up in skimpy outfits and draft for us...maybe ask yer girl if she wants to do that and get the draft first hand. Beware that yer friends are going to flirt...maybe its not a good idea... :D

Edited by SuperBalla

It'll be 8 years(10+ all together) for Mrs. PD and I on the 25th, and she has learned to deal with it, plus I got her into FF about 4 years ago-so she get's it somewhat. She know's that on Sunday's from Sept thru Jan, after Church, I'm at the computer and the pre-game is on, I sit and watch the games and she hits the computer throughout the day to check her points. The only game I can honestly say she sat through the whole game would be the Dallas vs Carolina 96 div PO game. It becomes, for the families who embrace it, somewhat of a tradition. I love it, as you get the holidays all falling during the season-great part of the year.

Tell her what she wants to hear. Guys are stupid and this is one of the stupid things we like to do. Please understand. She won’t but she will love the fact that you said that guys are stupid and call her friends and tell them that you are watching some stupid thing where football players put on different hats and take pictures and they will all laugh and have a good time...till the season starts.

1431111[/snapback]

Never ever admit to guys being stupid. If you have to resort to these tactics as excuses for doing something you like she's not for you.