[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On the heels of the Reggie Bush post...

msaint

My thoughts: he's got to behave himself and put up some sick numbers this year, and I think he re-establishes himself as a top FF WR (right in the mix with Steve Smith, Fitz, Holt, Boldin, R.Moss, S.Moss, Chambers [depending on Daunte], and of course Chad [depending on Carson]). Honestly, I thin he tops everyone but Fitz, Holt and Smith.

He has a QB who, if given time -- big if with that OL -- can still launch it. He has a nice corp of fellow WRs (Glenn, Crayton) to ensure that he doesn't face too many double teams. Ditto for the run game, Julius will keep defenses honest. Again, the only worry is the less-than-stable Cowboy OL, but I don't see why T.O. can't put up 1,300 yards and 10 TDs.

So, what are your thoughts on TO's numbers, where do you see him ranking in the WRs, and, as of now, where would you draft him in a standard performance, non-keeper league?

Edited by msaint

T.O. could very well be the #1 ranked WR. If not I'd put him right there with S. Smith, Fitz, Holt and possibly Chad. I don't think the Cowboy line will be bad and they will get help in the draft. Bledsoe will still take his lumps, but I think Owens will appreciate him getting back up and firing away.

Wait a minute did I just use the words Owens and appreciate in the same sentence?!- Strike that reverse it. :D

Edited by irish

Knowing how explosive TO is, & how mobile Drew isn't, I wonder if defenses will be trying to hit Bledsoe hard & often in order to keep him from getting the ball to Owens? :D

1424491[/snapback]

do you watch football?Everyone that's rushing every quarterback is trying to hit him hard and often..

If T.O. stays healthy,he should be top 3 at the end of the year.I think he will be the #1 wr drafted in alot of leagues.But it's the same old deal,when you draft T.O. you have to hold your breath alllllll season hoping he comes to the stadium on Sunday.

do you watch football?Everyone that's rushing every quarterback is trying to hit him hard and often..

1426176[/snapback]

I think he's saying we'll be seeing DC's calling even more blitzes against the Cowboys, than usual.

I think he's saying we'll be seeing DC's calling even more blitzes against the Cowboys, than usual.

1426403[/snapback]

Don't defend him, BS1 -- it wasn't the greatest analysis.

Even if you're right about his meaning, extra blitzing won't really affect T.O.'s numbers. It could mean his yards per catch goes down a little, but he'd definitely catch more passes if he's in single coverage all the time.

I just participated in a mock draft (yes, befoere the NFL draft, was the only time we could get everyone together). I drafted out of the 11 spot, took Lamont Jordan 1.11, and then came around at 2.2. and, over RBs like Westbrook and Julius (maybe not the best move, but what the hell), took our friend T.O. Just can't help but think he has one monster year in him this year.

Owens will be the #1 WR in the league. Just watch.

Hes more talented that anyone and doesnt need a super accurate passer to catch the ball. He runs angry and with a mission. His heart for the game is greater than all the WR currently in the league.

His off the field presentation does not affect me. On the field he is a beast.

Alright, so if TO has a good/great year like everyone thinks he will, where do you draft Bledsoe.  Does he become a top 5 or top 10 QB?

1426472[/snapback]

I would rank him rank 5 to 10. Somewhere there. He did ok last year (minus the intos). With this weapon he will do better.

I just wouldn't respect myself if I drafted this shmuck. Unless I got a really good value - say early 4th round - for him, I doubt he's on any of my teams. He's the only player I don't want to draft based entirely on his antics.

I would say he is definately top 10, but with all the volitility, I'd rank CJ, Smith, Holt, Harrison, and Moss over him. Perhaps one or two more ..

and Moss over him...

1426553[/snapback]

:D

[driving bentley with rent-a-cop on the hood, weed in glove compartment]Yeah, Moss is the model of on-and off-field stability[/driving bentley with rent-a-cop on the hood, weed in glove compartment]

:D

[driving bentley with rent-a-cop on the hood, weed in glove compartment]Yeah, Moss is the model of on-and off-field stability[/driving bentley with rent-a-cop on the hood, weed in glove compartment]

1427999[/snapback]

Yep, just goes to show how low an opinion I have of Owens.

If he doesnt act like a crybaby and just plays football he'll have his usual productive year. 1400 12-15td's.

Cowboys need their O-Line to protect Drew and give him time to find TO. But keep in mind Blesoe is way different QB then Young or Mcnabb. He holds on the ball to long and gets sacked way to much because of it.

He still is the #1 WR on the board.