[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bush to Houston...

devilwoman

it may be a question...not sure if anyone has seen this or not...

Texans | R. Bush not a lock to be No. 1 draft pick?

Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:38:45 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports there is now legitimate reason, for the first time, to think that USC RB Reggie Bush is not going to be wind up with the Houston Texans, the team that currently holds the No. 1 overall NFL Draft pick. This does not come from one source or from one team. This comes from multiple sources, from across the league, without any agenda to push. As of Monday, April 17, the Texans had not had any contract discussions with Bush and his representatives. When Bush was in Houston, a certain segment of the organization never introduced itself to the running back. The Texans know they have a dependable running back and kick return man, the two spots Bush fills. A person in the Bush camp said Monday, "Do I have a feeling that Reggie is going to Houston? No, I have a feeling that he's not."

I would be shocked if Bush doesnt go to Houston.

1424235[/snapback]

This would indeed be shocking. Who would trade up to #1? It would have to either Green bay to take bush or the Jets to take a qb or bush. I could be wrong, but I don't see either team giving up that much to move up. Even if Houston is somewhat cool on bush, i think they're going to be 'stuck' with him, if that's the right word.

Trading down has been and continues to be their best option. They need so much and granted could be upgrading by getting Bush. But by no means is DD a bad back, in fact he's been borderline great. And they have a solid kick returner already (name slips my mind the rookie). trade down, get more picks and guys you actually need and will fill a larger hole.

Comon the guy has NFL alumni all over him if he isn't taken 1st then flip the Texans unless they trade the pick in which flip that team.

1424270[/snapback]

I know this was supposed to mean something. Just not sure what that something was. :D

Trade down with or to whom? Conjecture is nice but where's the other half:WHO makes the trade? Denver?

I don't think it's the Jets because they need to rebuild, and using their 5 picks in the top 97 is a Belicheck/Parcells move that Mangini would seem set to make not dropping all those eggs in one basket.

Trade down with or to whom? Conjecture is nice but where's the other half:WHO makes the trade? Denver?

Totally agree. Who wants to trade up? Who is able to trade up? Lovely theory that the Texans will trade down. But with who is the problem.

Couldn't the titans, Green Bay or the San Fran. all use an upgrade at RB. I really don't know each teams entire situation. but it seems if the titans traded up and got Bush they could in fact go with Volek if they didn't want to keep Mcnair around and get a QB later in the draft to mold. GB could start him immediately over the sorry bunch they have their now and then maybe Favre would make a decision (probably come back). San Fran could definitely use Bush to upgrade their RB spot as I'm not even sure they have one and that would take some pressure off Alex smith.

I could definitely be off my rocker as many of these teams need help in many other areas and could probably ill-afford giving up multiple picks for just 1 guy. They might not even have cap room, I really don't know.

Just thinking?

Edited by irish

This is the actual article from NFL.com

Draftees are up, down and all around   

By Adam Schefter

Special to NFL.com

Adam Schefter's "Around the League" reports and commentaries can be seen regularly on NFL Total Access.

(April 17, 2006) -- For the first time, there is legitimate reason to think that USC running back Reggie Bush is not going to be wind up in Houston, the city that currently holds the No. 1 overall pick.

Reggie Bush could still go to Houston, or another team, at No. 1     

This does not come from one source or from one team. This comes from multiple sources, from across the league, without any agenda to push.

The mounting evidence includes this:

As of Monday, the Texans had not had any contract discussions with Bush and his representatives. None.

Yet the Texans have approached North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams, trying to see if he would be receptive to discussing a deal.

But the evidence goes beyond contracts. When Bush was in Houston, a certain segment of the organization never introduced itself to the running back. This might not be unusual, but if the organization was convinced it was taking a certain player, it should be rolling out the welcome mat with everyone trying to make the player feel as at home as possible. This, according to those who know Bush, did not happen.

Then there is the simple and significant matter of need. Within the past year, the Texans signed running back Domanick Davis to a long-term extension. They also drafted wide receiver Jerome Mathis, the return man who went to the Pro Bowl during his rookie season. The Texans know they have a dependable running back and return man, the two spots Bush fills.

Houston's greater need is at defensive end, and, just as much, at left tackle, a position that could be filled by Virginia's D'Brickashaw Ferguson, who is expected to go in the top four picks.

Yet whether Houston winds up with Williams or Ferguson is unknown. What is known is that Bush no longer is a lock for Houston.

As a person in the Bush camp said Monday, "Do I have a feeling that Reggie is going to Houston? No, I have a feeling that he's not."

Couldn't the titans, Green Bay or the San Fran. all use an upgrade at RB.  I really don't know each teams entire situation.  but it seems if the titans traded up and got Bush they could in fact go with Volek if they didn't want to keep Mcnair around and get a QB later in the draft to mold.  GB could start him immediately over the sorry bunch they have their now and then maybe Favre would make a decision (probably come back).  San Fran could definitely use Bush to upgrade their RB spot as I'm not even sure they have one and that would take some pressure off Alex smith.

I could definitely be off my rocker as many of these teams need help in many other areas and could probably ill-afford giving up multiple picks for just 1 guy.  They might not even have cap room, I really don't know.

Just thinking?

1424338[/snapback]

Unless I missed something, didn't Ahman Green resign for another year? Didn't Gado show flashes that he can be a competent back? Davenport has also re-upped and was also showing signs of ability. Am I missing something completely here? Green Bay has a lot of positional needs, but I think that running back is one of the least in terms of need.

I'll give you that Green is no spring chicken, Gado may be a flash in the pan, and Davenport has shown limited potential, but to call the Green Bay running back position a "Sorry" group is just misinformed.

This would indeed be shocking.  Who would trade up to #1? It would have to either Green bay to take bush or the Jets to take a qb or bush.  I could be wrong, but  I don't see either team giving up that much to move up.  Even if Houston is somewhat cool on bush, i think they're going to be 'stuck' with him, if that's the right word.

1424239[/snapback]

+1, very similar to what happened last year with Alex Smith and the 49ers.

it may be a question...not sure if anyone has seen this or not...

Texans | R. Bush not a lock to be No. 1 draft pick?

Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:38:45 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports there is now legitimate reason, for the first time, to think that USC RB Reggie Bush is not going to be wind up with the Houston Texans, the team that currently holds the No. 1 overall NFL Draft pick. This does not come from one source or from one team. This comes from multiple sources, from across the league, without any agenda to push. As of Monday, April 17, the Texans had not had any contract discussions with Bush and his representatives. When Bush was in Houston, a certain segment of the organization never introduced itself to the running back. The Texans know they have a dependable running back and kick return man, the two spots Bush fills. A person in the Bush camp said Monday, "Do I have a feeling that Reggie is going to Houston? No, I have a feeling that he's not."

1424229[/snapback]

Been saying this forever. The Texans have a RB in D.D. and when he is hurt J.Ws.

Why waste it on another RB when you need to address your line?

Just the way I see it.

Been saying this forever.  The Texans have a RB in D.D. and when he is hurt J.Ws.

Why waste it on another RB when you need to address your line?

Just the way I see it.

1424437[/snapback]

Unless I missed it, Jonathan Wells is a free agent that the Texans have not resigned. And they have had plenty of time to do it if they wanted him back. Wells is not officially a Texan right now.

Unless I missed it, Jonathan Wells is a free agent that the Texans have not resigned. And they have had plenty of time to do it if they wanted him back. Wells is not officially a Texan right now.

1424455[/snapback]

So u saying make him a the most expensive 3rd down RB in the history of the game becaus Wells has not resigned? OR D.D. the most expensive either way they both will have HUGE contracts. Didnt DD just sign a extention (sp) how so we forget.

I highly doubt they'll trade down, but I could see them selecting a different player first overall.

As I've said before, Bush may end up being a Hall-of-Famer, but talent projections being fairly equal (as they always are), either Williams or Ferguson would be a much better investment for the Texans.

So u saying make him a the most expensive 3rd down RB in the history of the game becaus Wells has not resigned?  OR D.D. the most expensive  either way they both will have HUGE contracts.  Didnt DD just sign a extention (sp) how so we forget.

1424471[/snapback]

Yeah, DD signed an extension. But it wasn't for hugh money. 5 years, $22 million. And it's got 4 years left.

The biggest thing is,

GB and SF don't have enough to spare to trade up.

Obveously if Bush went to SF or GB it could imedietly turn those teams around, both with second year QBs, and overall decent teams stuck in a rebuilding phase. But because they're in the rebuilding phase, they arn't going to be willing to give much up.

I think someone needs to be ballsy here and pull a Ditka. There are a handfull of teams out there that need Bush, they just need to get the confidence to make the move for him, whether its GB, SF, or any other team.

Its unfortunate that HOU is one of the only teams in the league that dosn't need Bush, while everyone else is drooling over him...

I'm sure SF really regrets not losing the Bush Bowl now...

Would the #5 pick and Javon Walker for the #1 pick and maybe Jabar Gaffney really be that far fetched?

Houston would still have a chance to land Williams or Brick at #5 and one of the best WR corps in the league.