[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would the Cowboys actually take Lendale?

irish

From Fanball.

THE NEWS

The Cowboys will host USC running back LenDale White on Tuesday, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported.

Our View

White's hamstring injury has his stock dropping, and he could be on the board when the Cowboys come up at the 18th spot. With Julius Jones and Marion Barber, running back doesn't seem like a major need for the Cowboys. However, Jones has struggled to stay healthy his first two seasons, and it certainly wouldn't hurt to have White as a backup and goal line option.

I wouldn't think so. As a matter of fact I'd be pretty pissed off if the did. i'd much rather them address several other areas of need.

Maybe it's me. Input?

Just my opinion....but I don't think there's any way the Cowboys take Lendale. They have Julius and M. Barber, they don't need Lendale at all and he has question marks surrounding him. Parcells passed on Steven Jackson for Julius....I think he still thinks he's set at RB with Julius and Marion.

Have you not seen enough drafts to know what is going on here? Dallas is working to angles to help themselves get their player.

Lendale is dropping which makes the chance of a player Dallas wants at their slot to be taken instead of Lendale. If Dallas seems to want Lendale then mayby someone picks him before Dallas picks thus allowing Dallas to pick their player.

If Dallas seems to be interested in Lendale maybe someone trades up in front of Dallas to get that player. In this case again the player Dallas wants may slip.

I agree with you guys I never even considered a RB for the Boys as I think we are set at the position. I figure since a regular Joe like myself knows this much that no other teams in the NFL will fall for the silly chirade. However, I guess it's worth a try.

Edited by irish

agree, no way they take a RB in round 1.  My bet is also they trade up/down to get the player they are targeting, or more picks.

1424771[/snapback]

I agree. Unless they find something terribly wrong with Julius Jones it wouldn't make sense to draft Lendale. But then again, having two reliable RB's in the backfield never hurts.

What if they are thinking of possibly trading JJ? I think Parcells is a little put out with his injury issues, and his inability in short yardage situations. I can see them trading him to someone like Atlanta to take over for the aging Dunn, and maybe get a pick next year, or a safety or LB. If Dallas gets White, I'd love to see them trade JJ for Hartwell.

What if they are thinking of possibly trading JJ?  I think Parcells is a little put out with his injury issues, and his inability in short yardage situations.  I can see them trading him to someone like Atlanta to take over for the aging Dunn, and maybe get a  pick next year, or a safety or LB.  If Dallas gets White, I'd love to see them trade JJ for Hartwell.

1425718[/snapback]

anything's possible but i would doubt this would happen. so they trade jj, and draft another rb with a hamstring tear?