[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, what's the chatter on Walker

Duchess Jack

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broncos WR Lelie wants upgrade or trade

Bill Williamson

4/19/2006

The Broncos also have discussed the possibility of trading for disgruntled Green Bay receiver Javon Walker, who could be dealt before or during the draft. Lelie and a midround pick might be enough to entice Green Bay to part with Walker.

www.denverpost.com

Since when is ACL surgery such a big deal for a WR? If teams (like Denver, according to Pasquarelli) are trying to use that as a reason not to give up as much in a deal, then Thompson should tell them to go f*ck themselves.

Walker injured his knee in WEEK ONE of 2005. He'll have almost an entire year of recovery under his belt when training camp starts -- that's PLENTY of time for a WR to come back from ACL surgery. Plus, even WITH a slightly gimpy knee, Walker is a 1200 & 10 WR.

I honestly hope we hold onto him, wait 5-6 games for him to prove himself, then extend his contract.

1426437[/snapback]

Or wait for 5 weeks to show other teams he is a stud and then trade him. If he wants to be traded he needs to show how good he is. I would rather keep him.

Teams are taking advantage of his demanding to be traded to get a top WR for nothing. McNabb was hurt last year. We'll give you a 4th round pick for him. :D

Or wait for 5 weeks to show other teams he is a stud and then trade him.

1427464[/snapback]

If they do that, the trade deadline will have passed.

He'll walk next year as a UFA and the Pack will end up with nothing for him.

My bet is Walker is involved in a draft day trade.

Or wait for 5 weeks to show other teams he is a stud and then trade him. If he wants to be traded he needs to show how good he is. I would rather keep him.

Teams are taking advantage of his demanding to be traded to get a top WR for nothing. McNabb was hurt last year. We'll give you a 4th round pick for him. :D

1427464[/snapback]

Except he has siad he would never play for Green Bay again. I think that has to be factored into your formula, no?

I'd love to see them call him on that.

1427725[/snapback]

Yeah, me too. Javon you'll give up $1.15 million to sit on your butt this year.

Either trade me when I'm not worth anything because of my injury or I'll sit out all year. I think they will call him on it.

Yeah, me too.  Javon you'll give up $1.15 million to sit on your butt this year.

Either trade me when I'm not worth anything because of my injury or I'll sit out all year. I think they will call him on it.

1427762[/snapback]

The problem is they wont cause its a lose lose situation for both. Its not all about money for all people.

Javon you'll give up $1.15 million to sit on your butt this year.

1427762[/snapback]

It's $718,750 that Walker stands to miss Randall...not $1.15 million.

Walker will sit out the first 10 games, play the last 6 games and become a UFA next year. :D

EDIT: Of course this only happens if the Pack stubbornly insist on hanging onto Walker this year. I don't think they're that stupid though.

Edited by Big Score 1

all I hear from Packer fans is he's at least worth a 2nd...regardless of the torn ACL and his holdouts..

1426917[/snapback]

they're delusional. he's refused to play for them, but he's worth a first round pick. he's coming off an ACL, but he's worth a first round pick.

GB can really get tough and "call his bluff", and he'll sit on his ass for half a season, report for the last 6 games and collect a few hundred grand for being useless, and then he'll be gone the next year and green bay will get nothing for him. that'll really be "showing him" :D

No, I know a ton of Packer fans and most say he doesnt deserve a raise but that they want a high draft pick for him. Its a big catch 22.

1427708[/snapback]

And this shows why you should listen to your AGENT! He was told not to report to camp till he got his money. Now everyone got amneisha(sp) But he would have got his money then. But no he do what Farve say and report. End up hurt. And now Farve not doing his part. Showing up and saying one way or another. He under contract. The double standard I tell ya. Some people should do what the real pro's suppose to do. Stay out of other people contract and just do your job. Because now Farve is doing what he wants and the team really dont know which way to turn.

And this shows why you should listen to your AGENT!  He was told not to report to camp till he got his money. Now everyone got amneisha(sp)  But he would have got his money then. But no he do what Farve say and report.  End up hurt.  And now Farve not doing his part.  Showing up and saying one way or another.  He under contract.  The double standard I tell ya.  Some people should do what the real pro's suppose to do.  Stay out of other people contract and just do your job.  Because now Farve is doing what he wants and the team really dont know which way to turn.

1427992[/snapback]

umm, yeah, if this was in english i would agree. the packers hosed walked big-time last year, and they think he's BS'ing about not playing for them this year? i have to think the packers aren't that stupid, even if many of their fans apparently are. walker will be traded by draft day.

It's $718,750 that Walker stands to miss Randall...not $1.15 million.

Walker will sit out the first 10 games, play the last 6 games and become a UFA next year. :D

EDIT: Of course this only happens if the Pack stubbornly insist on hanging onto Walker this year. I don't think they're that stupid though.

1427819[/snapback]

Not according to this story.

"Walker has one year remaining on his original five-year contract with the Packers at a base salary of $1.15 million. He underwent reconstructive knee surgery Oct. 7.'

I heard with the new CBA he can't sit out and play the final 6 games anymore.

Edited by Randall

I heard with the new CBA he can't sit out and play the final 6 games anymore.

1428108[/snapback]

Randall I've shown you your understanding of the new CBA was wrong once already here.

But, again;

• Teams can't get back signing-bonus money if a player voluntarily retires; that has to be negotiated into a player's contract. In the past, teams could ask a player to pay back the proration of the remaining part of his contract if he retires in the early stages or in the middle of the contract .

If a player retires and skips a good portion of the season against a team's wishes, the team must take him back under his existing contract and can't force him to give back any of the signing bonus. If the team wants to fight him for portions of the signing bonus, it has to release him and give him a chance to find another team.

New CBA Discipline Rules

Randall I've shown you your understanding of the new CBA was wrong once already here.

But, again;

1428119[/snapback]

The article states his base salary is $1.15 M. Are you sure they are calculating signing bonuses? It doesn't say so.

I hope they call him on his bluff.

Edited by Randall