[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, what's the chatter on Walker

Duchess Jack

The article states his base salary is $1.15 M. Are you sure they are calculating signing bonuses? It doesn't say so.

1428132[/snapback]

:D

No, I'm saying if the Pack stubbornly insist on hanging onto him this year, he'll retire, lose 10 game checks from his base salsy of $1.15 million which comes to $718,750, then come back for the last 6 game, become UFA next year and sign elsewhere.

I hope they call him on his bluff.

1428132[/snapback]

You're very much in the minority in thinking Walker's bluffing.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this shows why you should listen to your AGENT!  He was told not to report to camp till he got his money. Now everyone got amneisha(sp)   But he would have got his money then. But no he do what Farve say and report.  End up hurt.  And now Farve not doing his part.  Showing up and saying one way or another.  He under contract.  The double standard I tell ya.  Some people should do what the real pro's suppose to do.  Stay out of other people contract and just do your job.  Because now Farve is doing what he wants and the team really dont know which way to turn.

1427992[/snapback]

Its actually pretty funny cause Favre is bitching about "wanting" "players" but yet they have potentially one of the top 10 receivers in the league on the team and they decide to play hard ball or trade him? I am sorry but I think Javon is in the drivers seat here and rightfully so.

Edited by DaFreak

Howard Eskin said it on sports final....he said the Eagles are willing to give up what it takes to get him...or at least more than what everyone else is offering...

they just need to come to an agreement with him..

1426608[/snapback]

Sounds like it's just therorizing by Eskin... It would be a nice pick up though as long as we don't give up too much.

Sounds like it's just therorizing by Eskin...  It would be a nice pick up though as long as we don't give up too much.

1428342[/snapback]

with the Eagles he has inside sources...legit ones...

with the 3 other sports he has no inside info...

you can tell he has inside info with the Eagles....when he talks about the eagles...he can't keep their johnsons out his jaw....

he bashes the 3 other teams willingly..

No, I'm saying if the Pack stubbornly insist on hanging onto him this year, he'll retire, lose 10 game checks from his base salsy of $1.15 million which comes to $718,750, then come back for the last 6 game, become UFA next year and sign elsewhere.

You're very much in the minority in thinking Walker's bluffing.

1428160[/snapback]

I have read with the new CBA he can't retire for 10 games and come back for 6. What kind of retirement is that?

umm, yeah, if this was in english i would agree.  the packers hosed walked big-time last year, and they think he's BS'ing about not playing for them this year?  i have to think the packers aren't that stupid, even if many of their fans apparently are.  walker will be traded by draft day.

1428000[/snapback]

Players threaten to sit out all year :D all the time, but few ever call them on it. You want to retire retire. I want to see teams call players on their bullying tactics.

The Packers, expecting Javon to honor the contract he signed, is now hosing him? :D

Players threaten to sit out all year :D all the time, but few ever call them on it. You want to retire retire. I want to see teams call players on their bullying tactics.

The Packers, expecting Javon to honor the contract he signed, is now hosing him?  :D

1428547[/snapback]

Yea, it would be nice if all players honored their contracts but that is not the reality of the NFL. The reality is that he deserves more money. This is not in the same category as Owens contract problems. This is about a good player on a team who deserves a pay raise and a team unwilling to pay him. Do you ever ask for raises at your job when you perform well? Do you expect a raise every year? Why dont you work for the same amount of money you made your first year and be happy even if you are outperforming 90% ofthe other people in the same profession. Walker is not being unreasonable here and Green Bay should have taken care of this deal before it got to this point. Furthermore, Favre should have kept his mouth shut because in essence he is now telling the Packers to pay Walker by demanding they sign free agents to make the team better. Walker will make the team better, why not just pay the guy you already have on the roster? Bridges have been burned, Javon will not be a Packer.

Edited by DaFreak

it looks like the Broncos just made a powermove to get Javon...plus they can move Lelie who is garbage but might be better trade value than Pinkston....

1428558[/snapback]

yup...i keep hearing broncos more and more recently, too...wouldn't surprise me at all, especially with the rumors that shanny was going to make a run at T.O....clearly, they need a marquee WR with smith long in the tooth and lelie not possessing the requisite male genitalia to play professional football.

yup...i keep hearing broncos more and more recently, too...wouldn't surprise me at all, especially with the rumors that shanny was going to make a run at T.O....clearly, they need a marquee WR with smith long in the tooth and lelie not possessing the requisite male genitalia to play professional football.

1428667[/snapback]

Eagles need to be able to speak to Javon so they know they can come to an agreement on a deal...and then trade..

I have read with the new CBA he can't retire for 10 games and come back for 6. What kind of retirement is that?

1428534[/snapback]

Randall,

How have you read the new CBA? :D

It has not been fully completed for public release yet.

Even if you go to the NFLPA's site itself, you'll still find the 1998 CBA (with it's extensions) showing, but not the new CBA, as recently negotiated.

However, Clayton at ESPN, was given a copy of the new CBA guidelines on retirement.

If a player retires and skips a good portion of the season against a team's wishes, the team must take him back under his existing contract and can't force him to give back any of the signing bonus. If the team wants to fight him for portions of the signing bonus, it has to release him and give him a chance to find another team.

New CBA Discipline Rules

If you still don't (or won't) understand the above, I'm not sure you ever will? :D

ooo big score, you are coollld as iicee

1428849[/snapback]

I'm not trying to be Avernus, but I've shown this to Randall three seperate times now and he still doesn't get it.

To be honest, I think he really does understand it (it's not that difficult), but he's just being obtuse.

What can I say? :D

I'm not trying to be Avernus, but I've shown this to Randall three seperate times now and he still doesn't get it.

To be honest, I think he really does understand it (it's not that difficult), but he's just being obtuse.

1428873[/snapback]

exactly?

1428873[/snapback]

Posting something doesn't mean I have seen it.

I saw the first time yesterday and all I saw was your figures. The Journal said his base salary is $1.15 million. Do you have a source saying you are correct?

QUOTE(Randall @ 4/20/06 11:43am)

"Randall,

How have you read the new CBA?"

No. I have read articles that say the rules have changed. Do you have any that back up your opinions?

Edited by Randall

I saw the first time yesterday and all I saw was your figures.

1428916[/snapback]

Ummm.......I don't understand this sentence at all Randall. :D

You saw what for the first time yesterday?

The Journal said his base salary is $1.15 million. Do you have a source saying you are correct?

1428916[/snapback]

It looks like we're entering the realm of the surreal here.

Somebody cue the Twilight Zone soundtrack please.

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems that you're asking me, to provide you with a source, that will confirm what you been saying Walker will earn here & here

However, I will be happy to provide you with a link that confirms what you have said Walker's compensation is going to be for 2006. www.nflpa.org - Javon Walker - 2006 Compensation

Now this is where it gets really crazy.

First you say this;

I have read with the new CBA

1428534[/snapback]

Then I ask you this;

Randall,

How have you read the new CBA?  :D 

1428845[/snapback]

Then you say you haven't read the new CBA after all, just articles that it's changed....DUH!
No. I have read articles that say the rules have changed.

1428916[/snapback]

Then you say this...and this is the one that really cracks me up :D

Do you have any that back up your opinions?

1428916[/snapback]

For the FOURTH AND FINAL TIME;

If a player retires and skips a good portion of the season against a team's wishes, the team must take him back under his existing contract and can't force him to give back any of the signing bonus. If the team wants to fight him for portions of the signing bonus, it has to release him and give him a chance to find another team.

*LINK* New CBA Discipline Rules *LINK*

The above is not my opinion. It is what it is. :D

Dang guy! Are you on a mission to purposefully be obtuse?

1428916[/snapback]

How in the heck did you manage to both quote & reply to a post you haven't seen?

Edited by Big Score 1

with the Eagles he has inside sources...legit ones...

with the 3 other sports he has no inside info...

you can tell he has inside info with the Eagles....when he talks about the eagles...he can't keep their johnsons out his jaw....

he bashes the 3 other teams willingly..

1428511[/snapback]

Yep, that's Eskin.

Jerk. Post the whole quote.

1429817[/snapback]

Why? :D

It's true.

Your quote of a post & reply ~ Post #50

Randall I've shown you your understanding of the new CBA was wrong once already here.

But, again;

1428119[/snapback]

The article states his base salary is $1.15 M. Are you sure they are calculating signing bonuses? It doesn't say so.

I hope they call him on his bluff.

1428132[/snapback]

As I said, you're the only person I know who can quote & reply to a post you say you haven't seen :D

1428916[/snapback]