[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver/SF Swap Picks

Mr. Pennypacker

Heard Denver traded 1st round pick #22 for SF's 2nd round #37 and 3rd round #68. This lends to the idea that Denver isn't looking to move up in the top 10 to grab Vernon Davis.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2413928

Edited by Mr. Pennypacker

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denver Draft Order

1 15 (15) from Atlanta

2 5 (37) from San Francisco

2 29 (61)

3 4 (68) from San Francisco

3 29 (93)

4 22 (119) from Washington

4 29 (126)

4 33 (130) Compensatory selection

5 29 (161)

6 29 (198)

San Fran Draft Order

1 6 (6)

1 22 (22) from Denver

4 3 (100)

5 7 (140)

6 6 (175)

6 23 (192) from Tampa Bay

7 5 (213)

7 28 (236) from Jacksonville

7 46 (254) Supplemental compensatory selection

Time for a new mock draft. How do you think this will shake things up? What players does this hurt or help?

Not sure how I feel about this...15 spots is a pretty big drop. Given they pick up a high 3rd rounder since they traded theirs, but think I would've rather seen them stay at #22 and take the best available RB.

dang... denver has a passle of picks

1427288[/snapback]

Do they really have that many needs that they need to stockpile this amount of picks? Awhile back I heard that they weren't going to make many changes with a team that finished 13-3. Can see them taking a WR, TE, and a RB with the plethora of picks they have in the first 4 rounds. What needs do they have to address with the other 5 picks they have in the top 130?

Edited by Mr. Pennypacker

you know, i'd been looking at the broncos' needs and the draft board and thinking they could really use an early 2nd rounder.

2.5 will be a TE, i can almost guarantee it.

the early 3rd rounder might be someone like the interior o-lineman eslinger from minnesota.

i don't know what the hell they're going to do with 1.15...but at this point i'd say RB is more likely than WR. could still be defense as well.

Do they really have that many needs that they need to stockpile this amount of picks? Awhile back I heard that they weren't going to make many changes with a team that finished 13-3. Can see them taking a WR, TE, and a RB with the plethora of picks they have in the first 4 rounds. What needs do they have to address with the other 5 picks they have in the top 130?

1427295[/snapback]

Jefe: We have stuffed many pinatas for your birthday celebration!

El Guapo: How many pinatas?

Jefe: Many pinatas, many!

El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

Jefe: Yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.

El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

you know, i'd been looking at the broncos' needs and the draft board and thinking they could really use an early 2nd rounder. 

the early 3rd rounder might be someone like the interior o-lineman eslinger from minnesota.

i don't know what the hell they're going to do with 1.15...but at this point i'd say RB is more likely than WR.  could still be defense as well.

1427310[/snapback]

1.15 - Williams, I agree

2.5 - TE (Lewis or Pope)

3rd - OL, as you noted

Edit: clicked submit too fast... whoops... i am not fully awake yet :D

Edited by darin3

1.15 - RB (Williams should be there)

2.5 - TE (Lewis or Pope)

3rd - OL, as you noted

1427335[/snapback]

that's about what i'm thinking. they could also use 1.15 on a safety (like whitner, allen, jimmy williams maybe), or d-line (kiwanuka?). they could definitely use a playmaker at either position.

Jefe: We have stuffed many pinatas for your birthday celebration!

El Guapo: How many pinatas?

Jefe: Many pinatas, many!

El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

Jefe: Yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.

El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

1427327[/snapback]

Great, now I have to go out and buy Three Amigos to see that scene again. Funny how one word can trigger a scene from a movie.

that's about what i'm thinking.  they could also use 1.15 on a safety (like whitner, allen, jimmy williams maybe), or d-line (kiwanuka?).  they could definitely use a playmaker at either position.

1427348[/snapback]

Jimmy Williams is probably gone by the time Denver picks. Allen is a CB, and I think the Broncs like their young CBs just fine. Whitner is a possibility, but IMO, they would have traded the 1.15 to get a better pick in return from SF if they were targeting him, as he'd be available at 1.22 most likely.

I think they really want DeAngelo. And why not...

Jackson is sort of the "obvious" pick, and it still may happen, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Williams in a Bronco jersey (and perform admirably in that system).

i don't know what the hell they're going to do with 1.15...but at this point i'd say RB is more likely than WR.  could still be defense as well.

1427310[/snapback]

Any idea as to why Eslinger is droping so far?

Now they have more second round room to unload a pick or two for the Lelie/Walker trade with Green Bay.

Ashley Lelie, 2nd and 4th for Walker.

1427363[/snapback]

Or was this to get more ammo to get Joey Harrington as a backup for Plummer? Would they seriously thing about giving the 3rd round pick that Detroit is demanding? I don't think they will do it but this trade makes this and the Walker deal more probable.

They bassically ran a RBBC last year and still have most ofo those RB's, they willtake flier on someone in the 4th or 5th, but I can't see them drafting a RB with the 15th overall pick. They might take Lendale if he were to fall to their pick in teh 2nd, otherwise I just don't see it.

that's about what i'm thinking.  they could also use 1.15 on a safety (like whitner, allen, jimmy williams maybe), or d-line (kiwanuka?).  they could definitely use a playmaker at either position.

1427348[/snapback]

could use one of the second rounders on Pat Watkins. kid is like 6'5" and flies around.

1.15 is going to be WR Chad Jackson

A source told me about this rumored deal last night, and said basically this is Shanny showing faith in Bell to be the man next yr. Rod Smith is aging and they must get a WR in there this yr who can be the #1 when Rod retires. Clearly Lelie is not that WR.

Jimmy Williams is probably gone by the time Denver picks.  Allen is a CB, and I think the Broncs like their young CBs just fine.  Whitner is a possibility, but IMO, they would have traded the 1.15 to get a better pick in return from SF if they were targeting him, as he'd be available at 1.22 most likely. 

I think they really want DeAngelo.  And why not...

Jackson is sort of the "obvious" pick, and it still may happen, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Williams in a Bronco jersey (and perform admirably in that system).

1427364[/snapback]

:D

1.15 is going to be WR Chad Jackson

A source told me about this rumored deal last night, and said basically this is Shanny showing faith in Bell to be the man next yr.  Rod Smith is aging and they must get a WR in there this yr who can be the #1 when Rod retires.  Clearly Lelie is not that WR.

1427429[/snapback]

Yep, that's my thinking as well.