[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your draft wishlist

rajncajn

Hope this hasn't already been done...

New Orleans

1. AJ Hawk - Too long have we gone without a true playmaker at LB.

2. D'Brickishaw Ferguson - Brees could really use the protection and with Brick at LT & Brown at RT we would have one of the best tackle combo's in the league.

3. Mario Williams - This would hinge on the Saints trading Grant for another pick or another position.

4. Ngata - We would have to move down for him, but we could definately use a DT.

5. Vernon Davis - Again we would have to move down, but dreams of Brees to Davis dance though my head.

Some players may be better than the one's I listed, such as Leinart or Huff, but other than Williams I'm looking at needs for the Saints.

1. AJ Hawk w/Morrison and Clark, would show glimpses of the old days of Raider Defense

2. Vince Young Playmaker with a cannon, with Moss spreading the defense deep, opens lots of running room for his feet.

3. Michael Huff No Woodson. No Anybody to make a play... We need DBs.

1. AJ Hawk w/Morrison and Clark, would show glimpses of the old days of Raider Defense

2. Vince Young Playmaker with a cannon, with Moss spreading the defense deep, opens lots of running room for his feet.

3. Michael Huff No Woodson. No Anybody to make a play... We need DBs.

1427624[/snapback]

Oakland should have their choice of Young or Huff which is why I can't fathom why they would be talking of trading up. Either one of them would fill a gaping need.

As a Giants fan I hope we take a LB. I would prefer Carpenter 1st then Greenwood and than anything else over a DT. I think we can get a Decent DT in the 2nd or 3rd round. We are only looking for a rotation guy at that position where at LB we need a starter with the way our LBs go down. I might even except a CB in the 1st being that it is a deep draft for LBs and I am not overall confident with the DBs we signed so far.

As for the Saints Mangold in the 2nd would be great for them and if they take Ferguson in the 1st that would be even better. The line in football is the most important position when rebuilding a team. They have a good WR and RB all ready and Brees should be okay if he has time. I think Hawk or Williams wouldn't be bad for them either.

Chiefs

1. Chad Jackson

2. Michael Huff

3. A big DE who can get pressure on the QB, frankly we don't know who will pan out and I don't care who they take, just that they do work out. The Chiefs suck at drafting so I'm not so optimistic.

4. give up a 5th for Harrington

None of those will happen, but hey I can dream can't I................

Oakland should have their choice of Young or Huff which is why I can't fathom why they would be talking of trading up. Either one of them would fill a gaping need.

1427631[/snapback]

From Foxsports:

Despite reports to the contrary, the Oakland Raiders are not considering trading up from the seventh spot in the first round for any of the three quarterbacks. Now that they have ex-New Orleans quarterback Aaron Brooks and with second-year quarterback Andrew Walter throwing a better ball than Brooks in the club's first mini-camp, there is no desperate need for a quarterback.

If one falls to them, yes, they may take Vince Young, but otherwise they are focused on players like Texas safety Michael Huff while wondering if San Francisco is really going to select Maryland tight end Vernon Davis.

Assuming he is still there at #6, I would like the Vikings to trade up to the 49ers pick, and take AJ Hawk. Then, again assuming we would still have one of our two 2nd Round picks left after the trade, I would like them to take Charlie Whitehurst.

Several spots of need...

D'Angelo Williams. We need Dillon's heir apparent.

Santonio Holmes. I love Branch, but we need another dangerous playmaker for Brady.

Hawk will be long gone, but Ernie Sims or Chad Greenway MIGHT be there. Less likely for Greenway who should go in the 10-13 range, I think. We could certainly use some young speed at LB.

Jason Allen, Jonathan Joseph, Tye Hill -- we need 2ndary help, too and there are lots of first round-worthy CBs out there, seems like very a deep position this year.

Hope this hasn't already been done...

New Orleans

1. AJ Hawk - Too long have we gone without a true playmaker at LB.

2. D'Brickishaw Ferguson - Brees could really use the protection and with Brick at LT & Brown at RT we would have one of the best tackle combo's in the league.

3. Mario Williams - This would hinge on the Saints trading Grant for another pick or another position.

4. Ngata - We would have to move down for him, but we could definately use a DT.

5. Vernon Davis - Again we would have to move down, but dreams of Brees to Davis dance though my head.

Some players may be better than the one's I listed, such as Leinart or Huff, but other than Williams I'm looking at needs for the Saints.

1427596[/snapback]

if the saints can't get a trade partner and they stay put at 2, you think they'd go ahead and take hawk? as far as i can tell they like him at least as well and probably better than brick or mario. it would go somewhat against conventional thinking at this point, but if they like him and he's a need they should just go for it.

The Chiefs should want:

A WR in the first three rounds.

A CB in the first four rounds.

A QB in the last four rounds.

A bunch of offensive and defensive linemen everywhere else.

Edited by muck

Green Bay

1. D'Brickashaw Ferguson -- He could move to LT, Clifton to RT, Tauscher to RG and our O-line would be back to dominant status. The mere thought of that makes me ecstatic. :D

2. Vernon Davis -- I can't see Walker playing for us long-term, so Davis would fill part of the role of go-to playmaker for Rodgers.

3. DeAngelo Williams -- The dude is going to be a stud and while Green/Davenport/Gado might be okay for the time being, a young RB to go with our young QB would be very nice. I have an unusually high opinion of DeAngelo. :D

4. Tye Hill -- He's small, but he's a great press corner. Carroll would be a great nickel CB, with Hill and Al Harris locking down the outside.

5. Chad Jackson -- He's got great size for a WCO WR and he's got speed as a bonus. In a couple of years, he and Rodgers could be a formidable tandem.

Assuming he is still there at #6, I would like the Vikings to trade up to the 49ers pick, and take AJ Hawk.  Then, again assuming we would still have one of our two 2nd Round picks left after the trade, I would like them to take Charlie Whitehurst.

1427967[/snapback]

Yes Whitehurst does look good.

Mario, Hawk or Vernon Davis for Green Bay. If Walker is traded Vernon would be a larger faster, smarter version of Javon . We have made a lot of defensive moves so going offense makes sense. Since they haven't gone after any QB's in free agency I am assuming they think Rogers eventually can play.

Lions fan wish list:

1. Michael Huff

2. Hawk

3. Brodrick Bunkley

4. :D NOT A WR!!!!!

1430373[/snapback]

"And the Detroit Lions select . . . . .

. . . . Santonio Holmes, wide receiver, Ohio State University..."

if the saints can't get a trade partner and they stay put at 2, you think they'd go ahead and take hawk?  as far as i can tell they like him at least as well and probably better than brick or mario.  it would go somewhat against conventional thinking at this point, but if they like him and he's a need they should just go for it.

1430239[/snapback]

I agree 100%. I think if they can't move down to anywhere from the 3rd to 5th pick then they just take Hawk or D'Brick and be content knowing they have a stud. I'm not buying the Mario Williams talk. Personally I think it's just posturing. They know 99.9% of the football world knows they would never take Leinart so they're hoping one of those teams will move up for Williams.

Truthfully, I think most people are wanting the Saints to move down for the wrong reason. Moving down should be more a cap move, not just a way to pick up more draft picks. Anybody who thinks the Saints should try to cash in on picks to move down a few spots needs to lay off the kool-aid. It's definately a good idea, but only because you know at the 1.5 pick you will still get either Hawk, D'Brick or Mario. But the difference in money between the 2nd overall & 5th overall pick could be quite a bit. I think if they can move down to one of those next three picks they should just take the best offer, whatever that may be.

"And the Detroit Lions select . . . . .

. . . . Santonio Holmes, wide receiver, Ohio State University..."

1430419[/snapback]

Shoot me now! :doah:

Rajn - I agree. I do think they'll move down to get picks and save the cap room though. Only problem is that most of the FA market is gone now.

BTW - don't listen to Az. I don't think they'll take Hawk at 1.02 and also Az isn't that smart. :D

Rajn - I agree.  I do think they'll move down to get picks and save the cap room though.  Only problem is that most of the FA market is gone now.

BTW - don't listen to Az.  I don't think they'll take Hawk at 1.02 and also Az isn't that smart. :D

1430616[/snapback]

You're right, I think if they stay at 1.2 they take Ferguson. Or at least I hope they do. With the Addition of Simmons & Fujita I think they need O-line help way more than LB right now. We can't risk Brees getting re-injured.

so hawk isn't #1 on your wish list now? :D

1430747[/snapback]

No, Hawk is definately #1 on my list, but I don't think they will take a LB at 1.2. I also think they need a LT more. I think that Hawk will be a better overall player & make more of a long-term impact, but he probably shouldn't be a #2 overall pick.