[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joey Harrington

Flip_Side

Joey Harrington finally decided he wants Miami to be his new home. Now he's asking Lions president Matt Millen to give him the chance to go there.

Harrington, who has been given permission to shop for a trade, told the Lions on Wednesday he wants to go the Dolphins and is firm about the decision. Because he is due a $4 million bonus in June, Harrington has some control over his future because no team wants to pick up his current contract.

After working out a two-year agreement with the Dolphins more than a week ago, Harrington asked Millen to release him or make a trade with the Dolphins so he can move on with his career.

"I look forward to joining the Miami Dolphins whenever I am released or a trade is completed," Harrington said Wednesday in a statement issued by his agent, David Dunn. "The Dolphins are an ascending team with great coaching and I can't wait to get started. I certainly appreciate all that the Ford family and Matt Millen did for me.

Now that Harrington has made his decision, the ball is in Millen's court.

I'm happy about this, I think he was the best QB still a Free Agent.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey Harrington finally decided he wants Miami to be his new home. Now he's asking Lions president Matt Millen to give him the chance to go there.

Harrington, who has been given permission to shop for a trade, told the Lions on Wednesday he wants to go the Dolphins and is firm about the decision. Because he is due a $4 million bonus in June, Harrington has some control over his future because no team wants to pick up his current contract.

After working out a two-year agreement with the Dolphins more than a week ago, Harrington asked Millen to release him or make a trade with the Dolphins so he can move on with his career.

"I look forward to joining the Miami Dolphins whenever I am released or a trade is completed," Harrington said Wednesday in a statement issued by his agent, David Dunn. "The Dolphins are an ascending team with great coaching and I can't wait to get started. I certainly appreciate all that the Ford family and Matt Millen did for me.

Now that Harrington has made his decision, the ball is in Millen's court.

I'm happy about this, I think he was the best QB still a Free Agent.

1428213[/snapback]

If you give us some mothballs that were in Dan Marino's locker once, we'll take it and run. Sucker!!!

Seriously Dolphin fans.

All Harrington needs to be effective is a good offensive line, good receivers, a good running game, a good defense and the right offensive scheme. That's it.

:D

There one o'clock on one Sunday

The linebackers rush from inside

There is an old man, who paid for me

Form from of love to its stabilization means and for fans

He says, "son, can you play the role of QB"?

I am not really safe, as she goes

But it is sad and it is sweet and I could do it completely

As I the stawberries of another man carried

Lalala, de de there

Lala, de de there there there

Sing to us a Song, you are the piano man

Sing to us a Song this evening

Well all are we in the tendency for a melody

And you have us feeling well

Seriously Dolphin fans.

All Harrington needs to be effective is a good offensive line, good receivers, a good running game, a good defense and the right offensive scheme.  That's it.

1428350[/snapback]

...There was a day when I had faith. :D

lol... that would be funny if he did really well in Miami though. :D ...oops, forgot the shame. :D

Maybe someday he'll except his role as being the best backup QB in the game. :D But then again, he no longer has the Lions curse lingering over him, unless of course 'once infected, always infected.'

There one o'clock on one Sunday

The linebackers rush from inside

There is an old man, who paid for me 

Form from of love to its stabilization means and for fans

He says, "son, can you play the role of QB"?

I am not really safe, as she goes 

But it is sad and it is sweet and I could do it completely

As I the stawberries of another man carried

Lalala, de de there 

Lala, de de there there there

Sing to us a Song, you are the piano man

Sing to us a Song this evening

Well all are we in the tendency for a melody 

And you have us feeling well

1428394[/snapback]

Uh...... don't quit your day job :D

He's signed as a back-up to CPep. Big deal. You cannot judge the value of a player who has been on a bad team such as the black hole that is the Detroit Lions. Of all the players out there, I would of prefered Ramsey in that role but at least we're getting a QB with NFL expereience. I think the Dolphins and us the fans, are hoping that his role is just as a backup and that CPep will be able to play by Week 4 or so. Believe me were not jumping for joy over the thought of Harrington being our starter for the whole year.

...There was a day when I had faith.  :D

lol... that would be funny if he did really well in Miami though.  :D ...oops, forgot the shame.  :D

Maybe someday he'll except his role as being the best backup QB in the game.  :D But then again, he no longer has the Lions curse lingering over him, unless of course 'once infected, always infected.'

1428436[/snapback]

Hmm...When was the last good QB for the Dolphins? Dan Marino? Id say the fish are as cursed QB wise as the Lions...

Well, maybe not as long, but Miami is far from a QB factory.

Hmm...When was the last good QB for the Dolphins? Dan Marino? Id say the fish are as cursed QB wise as the Lions...

Well, maybe not as long, but Miami is far from a QB factory.

1428572[/snapback]

sure, but how many has there been?

This was all about the coaches and gms

Seriously Dolphin fans.

All Harrington needs to be effective is a good offensive line, good receivers, a good running game, a good defense and the right offensive scheme.  That's it.

1428350[/snapback]

I agree with this statement. Harrington is going to end up being a decent #2 fantasy QB.

Cleo Lemon will have Harrington cleaning his jockstrap come preseason and will win the week one job outright from Joey.

1428641[/snapback]

I hope you're right. Not that I dislike Harrington, it would just be nice to have 3 QBs worth something on the roster (and if would make me feel better about the Feeley experiment)

Is he a big guy? Mobile?