[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Potato and Macarroni Salads

Rebellab

i guess i'll just reinterate that recipes are guidelines...... what i typically do is when making a new recipe almost do it to the word, and next time add my preferrences to it.

over time i now prefer this with champaigne vinegar or cider vinegar...and i have tried it with other mustards as well...find the milder ones a little better......

Guest Chappy

Chopped up taters, chopped up eggs, mix in a little mayo and you're ready to eat.

Substitute elbow macaroni for taters and repeat the rest. Don't forget plenty of salt.

Enjoy!! :wacko:

Edited by Chappy

potato salad made with mayo = barf

potato salad made with vinegar = yum

I just had my mother-in-law's German Swiss potato salad for lunch and it was kick-ass. I'm guessing the ingredients were pretty similar to what Bier posted in his recipe.

Just made this. Turned out OK*. My wife, who manages to like everything IN both German and "regular" potato salad without actually liking either, thinks it's pretty good.

* - "OK" doesn't mean Bier's recipe isn't completely awesome, it means that even my half-assing of it turned out more-than-edible.

Blasphemy, that is one of my favorite salads of all time.

potato salad made with mayo = barf

potato salad made with vinegar = yum

I just had my mother-in-law's German Swiss potato salad for lunch and it was kick-ass. I'm guessing the ingredients were pretty similar to what Bier posted in his recipe.

I ate at some well-known authentic German restaurant in Columbus Ohio and their potato salad was about spot on to Bier's recipe.

Blasphemy, that is one of my favorite salads of all time.

As I said, when made by someone competent, it IS awesome. I was saying even my half-assed retarded effort turned out to be pretty good. It REALLY kicked ass on the 2nd day.