[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arrington a Giant.

irish

What has Arrington done since he joined the league.  Sorry, but Arrington is over-rated.

1432729[/snapback]

Agree. I don't get what the big deal is. Oozes talent, but... :D

Edit to add: The guy has never topped 100 total tackles in his 6 seasons. He had ONE very good season (2002 - 92 tackles, 11 sacks) and two solid seasons (2001 - 99 tackles, 3 INTs; 2003 - 88 tackles, 6 sacks, 10 passes defended)... if he can stay healthy-ish, he'll certainly help... but the days of fantasy greatness are long gone, IMO.

Edited by darin3

Agree.  I don't get what the big deal is.  Oozes talent, but... :D

1432734[/snapback]

And if he IS so great... why was he riding the bench so long in Washington?

I may be a Raider fan, but I do consider Big Blue 2nd favorite team my favorite NFC team. So really, I'm not trolling to diss Giant fans here.

He wants to punish the Skins whenever they play them.  :D

1432484[/snapback]

But will he be interested in any of the other games? Why did no one else want him? Was it just the money demands -- or something deeper? :D Here's hoping this is a positive step in the Giants return ... :D

Giants are one the rise for sure. Dallas vs. Giants is going to become a pretty intense division rivalry.  :D

1432697[/snapback]

Ehhhh not really. Both Dallas and the Giants and for that matter the Eagles all suck. The only team in this division is the Redskins.

SO repent all of ye non-Redskins NFC East fans.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail we swept Dallas!

Oh they have TO?

Who cares, he’ll get hurt or piss off Parcels!

Eat it Giant Fans, Eat it Eagle Fans and really double Eat it Dallas fans!!!!!!!!

T_Bone65 that goes triple for you, you foul Cowboy fan! :D

:D you all know it's all out of my love for our division that I curse all of your teams.

In the latest mock I was working on last night (under the assumption that they'd get Arrington), I didn't see any way the Giants could pass up DeAngelo Williams. Tiki is talking about retiring after another season and you know Accorsi wants to leave the Giants with a core of good, young skill players. DeAngelo would complete the "triplets" idea.

If Holmes or Jackson slides, it would be hard for NY to leave them on the board as well.

1432555[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing, it would be a great pick for them should the chance present itself.

Agree.  I don't get what the big deal is.  Oozes talent, but... :D

Edit to add:  The guy has never topped 100 total tackles in his 6 seasons.  He had ONE very good season (2002 - 92 tackles, 11 sacks) and two solid seasons (2001 - 99 tackles, 3 INTs;  2003 - 88 tackles, 6 sacks, 10 passes defended)... if he can stay healthy-ish, he'll certainly help... but the days of fantasy greatness are long gone, IMO.

1432734[/snapback]

I really don't care about FF when the Giants are concerned, just looking for what'll better the team and I think Arrington does do this. Do I feel he'll turn everything around and put up great numbers? Probably not great but definitely good and that's just fine with me. If he does have better numbers that's just a bonus.

I really don't care about FF when the Giants are concerned, just looking for what'll better the team and I think Arrington does do this. Do I feel he'll turn everything around and put up great numbers? Probably not great but definitely good and that's just fine with me. If he does have better numbers that's just a bonus.

1432851[/snapback]

I too would not be complaining if my team picked up Arrington... buuuuutt, I don't know if you have heard yet, word has it that in the NFL 'good' talent can only get you so far. :D He does have a cool last name though, does that count for points? :D

I am a Giants Fan so I'm biased.

BUt it think this a good signing. Yes he has had issues in Washington, and yes there are questions on his participation in the overall defense.

This just in, theres no way they could've gotten Lavar if didnt have issues. This move has a lot of upside and a lot of downside. As we all know in today's league you need to get guys who will overperform. That's what the giants are banking on, and I applaud them for it.

Tim Lewis and Pierce better get this puppy up to speed pronto!

Arrington hasn't lived up to his high draft pick, so in that sense I guess he could be considered overrated. But, he has all the talent in the world and he has the ability to be an impact player and a difference maker on the Giants D. Whether he is overrated or not, this was a huge need for the Giants and by signing him it greatly improved their defense. If this defense can stay healthy this season, it is Super Bowl caliber.

In the latest mock I was working on last night (under the assumption that they'd get Arrington), I didn't see any way the Giants could pass up DeAngelo Williams. Tiki is talking about retiring after another season and you know Accorsi wants to leave the Giants with a core of good, young skill players. DeAngelo would complete the "triplets" idea.

If Holmes or Jackson slides, it would be hard for NY to leave them on the board as well.

1432555[/snapback]

As much as I like Williams, I just don't see him being an every down back. Yeah I know all about others his size but I have seen and read about him his whole college career. I might be wrong but only time will tell.

For everyone saying that we signed an over-rated player, think about this. Over-rated or not, our LBs just got drastically better based on the chaff we had out there last year. Is he a perennial All Pro? Probably not. Will he make ht epro bowl a couple of years out there and provide stability at that position? Most definitely. Especially the way the contract is structured. We don't take a massive hit in the cap department even if we do have to let him go. A brilliant signing for Acorsi and the Giants.

I hadn't really thought about DeAngelo Williams, becuase I never assumed he'd be a vailable, but if he is there, that would REALLY set up the Giants skill positions for many years to come. I still think it more likely that the Giants continue to shore up the D and think about the skill positions next year.

BTW, everyone said Tiki wasn't an every down back too. I think you're gonna see more and more of these types of players become the norm instead of the exception in the NFL.

Let me rephrase, Arrington is going to be out of position so often, he is going to be a liability to the defense, which is why he rarely played in Washington. Dude has a 10 cent head and a 2 cent heart. Good Luck with all that, it may have cost you a dynamic LB in the draft.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

For the record I don't expect him to be a fantasy stud either, but at least now he will be playing & not on the bench half the year. If he's at least as good as he was in 01-03, 03 being the last full season he had, then that makes him a solid #2 LB on most fantasy squads.

Let me rephrase, Arrington is going to be out of position so often, he is going to be a liability to the defense, which is why he rarely played in Washington.  Dude has a 10 cent head and a 2 cent heart.   Good Luck with all that, it may have cost you a dynamic LB in the draft.

1434349[/snapback]

+1

arrington has been in the league quite a while now, so all this talk about "oozing talent" just waiting to be tapped and all that is pretty absurd. his game has some glaring weaknesses. still could be a decent signing though, as he improves them at a weak position, and that chip on his shoulder might just spur him to one very good season.

Edited by Azazello1313

Arrington's problem was with the coaches.

1434406[/snapback]

Actually, Arrington's problem was with Snyder. Ever since they got into a tiff about money Arrington said Synder stiffed him on there's been bad blood. That's why the relationship went south. He's a better player than the press he's been getting.

Actually, Arrington's problem was with Snyder. Ever since they got into a tiff about money Arrington said Synder stiffed him on there's been bad blood. That's why the relationship went south. He's a better player than the press he's been getting.

1434443[/snapback]

+1

Arrington is a beast. When this guy plays to his potential and with the desire I believe he still has--he not only brings the pain, but also increases the fear in any offense playing against him. He increases the talant pool on the Giants no doubt--regardless of what the press says.

For everyone saying that we signed an over-rated player, think about this. Over-rated or not, our LBs just got drastically better based on the chaff we had out there last year. Is he a perennial All Pro? Probably not. Will he make ht epro bowl a couple of years out there and provide stability at that position? Most definitely. Especially the way the contract is structured. We don't take a massive hit in the cap department even if we do have to let him go. A brilliant signing for Acorsi and the Giants.

Well said.