[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Onterrio gets cut

Randall

Thomas Jones will be 27 in August, Onterrio is 25 now and averaged 4.9 YPC in his career. I thought Onterrio to be a better Edge replacement for his blocking ability, but who would want him?

He would probably be cheap and has been durable so far. The Eagles with their connection to Childress are a possibility.

Thomas Jones will be 27 in August, Onterrio is 25 now and averaged 4.9 YPC in his career. I thought Onterrio to be a better Edge replacement for his blocking ability, but who would want him?

He would probably be cheap and has been durable so far. The Eagles with their connection to Childress are a possibility.

1432649[/snapback]

I think he would make a fine backup for someone.

1432649[/snapback]

:D No way Andy Reid lets The Whiz on the Eagles. Then again, they did take TO... :D

:D  No way Andy Reid lets The Whiz on the Eagles.  Then again, they did take TO... :D

1432654[/snapback]

and from what Banner said recently, he's not going to let that one experience change what he wants to do in regards to having an aggressive approach...

Where is this coming from? I haven't seen anything regarding him getting cut?

1432675[/snapback]

No there hasn't been anything, but the team never talks about him either. When they mention their RB's his name is never on the list. They could keep him of course, but it doesn't really seem like they want a possible problem.

and from what Banner said recently, he's not going to let that one experience change what he wants to do in regards to having an aggressive approach...

1432676[/snapback]

TO I believe was different. Onterrio has said he screwed up and I don't believe TO has ever said that.

Edited by Randall

1432649[/snapback]

The Broncos seem to enjoy sifting through RB's every couple of years, maybe they'll pick him up if the chance arrises? :D Last year the 1-2 punch of Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell were a pretty good combination.

Edited by TheGrunt

. The Eagles with their connection to Childress are a possibility.

1432649[/snapback]

Seriously, how does that make any sense. Childress just took over the team. Has had very little if anything to say about Smith. Now the rumors are he will be cut as soon as he is reinstated, and that somehow makes a Childress to Reid connection????? And at that, a connection that Reid would somehow want anything to do with him?????

How do you put that together????

:D

Seriously, how does that make any sense. Childress just took over the team. Has had very little if anything to say about Smith. Now the rumors are he will be cut as soon as he is reinstated, and that somehow makes a Childress to Reid connection????? And at that, a connection that Reid would somehow want anything to do with him?????

How do you put that together????

:D

1432787[/snapback]

Or he will let Reid know they are interested in trading him. Rumors are rumors. Who knows what their plans are?

He may have someone on the Eagles he likes but considers a small player. Such trades happen pretty often when coaches leave for new jobs.

exactly...

1432701[/snapback]

Yeah, but....but, it could be argued that at least TO was worth the trouble (the Eagles did make it to the SB with TO and he is arguably the best at his position in the league :D ) whereas O. Smith aint even close to being worth the trouble. Honestly, I was high on Smith (no pun intended) at one time, but I think he's done. I view him as a Lawrence Phillips type, never to be seen or heard from again.

Yeah, but....but, it could be argued that at least TO was worth the trouble (the Eagles did make it to the SB with TO and he is arguably the best at his position in the league :D ) whereas O. Smith aint even close to being worth the trouble.  Honestly, I was high on Smith (no pun intended) at one time, but I think he's done.  I view him as a Lawrence Phillips type, never to be seen or heard from again.

1432828[/snapback]

He's done at 25? Lawrence Phillips? I think he screwed up and admitted it but Phillips? He's a lot closer to Ricky.

TO is unique in how when he isn't happy he makes the whole team pay for it by dividing them from within. Even when sent home his negative effects linger on the team.

The problem with smith is if he smokes up again he is Done. This guy is not going to change he f-uped in college and in the pro's over and over and over....he had the talent to be very good and was when he was given the chance but he blew it!!

Now (from Pioneer Press)Zygi says they could bring him back. Perhaps spin so they get something in trade.

"Smith update: As is, Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said he is comfortable with his depth at running back.

"If we had to go to battle tomorrow, we'd be ready," Bevell said, mentioning starter Chester Taylor, Mewelde Moore, Ciatrick Fason and Adimchinobe Echemandu.

But Vikings owner Zygi Wilf remained confident that the Vikings could bring back another player: Onterrio Smith.

Currently fulfilling a yearlong suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy, Smith is eligible for reinstatement next month, and Wilf said the Vikings could be inclined to give him another opportunity.

"The way this coaching staff responds to players, this would be the right environment for him to move his career forward," Wilf said. "But all that's subject to his reinstatement."

Wilf also said it would be important for the Vikings to feel comfortable with Smith, both mentally and physically, before inviting him back to the team.

Smith has more career touchdowns (nine) than Moore (four) and Taylor (seven)."

Bevell said, mentioning starter Chester Taylor, Mewelde Moore, Ciatrick Fason and Adimchinobe Echemandu.

1432988[/snapback]

And across the nation, radio and TV announcers are praying the Vikings don't play their #4 RB much.

Yeah, but....but, it could be argued that at least TO was worth the trouble (the Eagles did make it to the SB with TO and he is arguably the best at his position in the league :D ) whereas O. Smith aint even close to being worth the trouble.  Honestly, I was high on Smith (no pun intended) at one time, but I think he's done.  I view him as a Lawrence Phillips type, never to be seen or heard from again.

1432828[/snapback]

TO was a constant trouble and had problems with the team leader....somebody had to go...

Onterrio just likes to burn leaf and get away with it in a crafty way..

He's a talented player, better than a back-up IMHO.  I wouldn't mind seeing him on the NEP.  I'm thinking BB could straighten the kid out.

1433000[/snapback]

Like most ex-drug users he need to be around people that hep him stay clean through meetings, relationships, etc. Either NE or Philly would be a good fit imo.

He needs to stay clean and avoid the people and places Pacman Jones frequents late at night. :D Add Sean Taylor to that too.

I had TO and Onterrio on my team last year.

1433462[/snapback]

Wow that sucks. I had TO the year he bombed in SF and won't draft him again, but last year I drafted Jamal, Randy Moss and Joe Horn in the 1st 3 rounds and Arrington in the 5th. Trades helped and I made it to the semis thanks to LJ, Brady and Boldin.

First he has not been reinstated yet. The suspention is for At Least 1 year not for 1 year. The league does not have to reinstate him until he applies for it and shows he is clean after the 1 year is up. So I personally consider this premature.

1433482[/snapback]

He will be reinstated as long as he has complied with the substance abuse program and hasnt tested positive again...