[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bush wants $$$

kpholmes

(Rotoworld)

RB Reggie Bush reportedly wants more than $24 million in guaranteed money from the team that drafts him.

Impact: That would exceed what 2005 No. 1 pick Alex Smith received from the 49ers and is a potential reason the Texans have entertained the idea of taking NC State DE Mario Williams with the top pick or even trading down. Williams isn't likely to get big dollars like Bush, at an offensive skill position. Houston owner Bob McNair is reportedly in favor of sealing a contract before the team makes the pick official.

:D As much as this would seem to change things, I still think the Texans are stuck with him, just like the 9ers last year...

(Rotoworld)

RB Reggie Bush reportedly wants more than $24 million in guaranteed money from the team that drafts him.

Impact: That would exceed what 2005 No. 1 pick Alex Smith received from the 49ers and is a potential reason the Texans have entertained the idea of taking NC State DE Mario Williams with the top pick or even trading down. Williams isn't likely to get big dollars like Bush, at an offensive skill position. Houston owner Bob McNair is reportedly in favor of sealing a contract before the team makes the pick official.

:D As much as this would seem to change things, I still think the Texans are stuck with him, just like the 9ers last year...

1432698[/snapback]

I just can't see them paying that kind of money to a Rookie RB......No matter how good a RB is he is not worth QB money.

Bush was great in College but the NFL different than College eveyone is bigger faster stronger than the best players he played against in College.

But to me that's not even the biggest problem with The Texans taking Bush it's the needs that they have on the OL and DL. Its not even close as far as what they need to become a better football team.

Edited by yitbos69

I just can't see them paying that kind of money to a Rookie RB......No matter how good a RB is he is not worth QB money.

Bush was great in College but the NFL different than College eveyone is bigger faster stronger than the best players he played against in College.

But to me that's not even the biggest problem with The Texans taking Bush it's the needs that they have on the OL and DL.  Its not even close as far as what they need to become a better football team.

1432718[/snapback]

Well, some of this I agree with. A lot of teams wouldn't mind paying that kind of money.

But, for a team that dosn't need a running back at all, 24 million guarenteed is a lot.

Well, some of this I agree with. A lot of teams wouldn't mind paying that kind of money.

But, for a team that dosn't need a running back at all, 24 million guarenteed is a lot.

1432726[/snapback]

This is the thign that dirves me nuts in today's NFL. College means absolutely squat, first round busts far out number first round studs and yet THE ROOKIES are demanding contracts with guarenteed signing bonuses larger than recent Hall of Famer's career salaries. f him and his contract.

1432718[/snapback]

That statement is debatable. I have not done the research to back up the claim I am about to make, but I would think that many more 1st day RBs live up to expectations than QBs do. I would agree that QB should be a higher paying position overall, but if we're talking about rookies and guaranteed money and I'm an owner, I would feel more comfortable guaranteeing the money of a RB than a QB. It seems many more 1st/2nd round QBs become busts than RBs also, QBs tend to peak during the later part of their careers whereas RBs hit their peak earlier.

1432718[/snapback]

A RB isn't worth it but a QB is? How about offensive linemen or defensive ends.

I don't see it. RB's can dominate a game as well as anyone else if they are good enough. LT can run, catch and throw better than most QB's. Bush may be able to too. I know he can line up as a WR and will be deadly out of the slot and running back kicks.

Paying that much reminds of the NBA wherenrookies were getting more than potential hall of famers. Make them prove it for a year and then negotiate contracts. Have the NFL set a 1 year salary and then pay accordingly.

A RB isn't worth it but a QB is? How about offensive linemen or defensive ends.

I don't see it. RB's can dominate a game as well as anyone else if they are good enough. LT can run, catch and throw better than most QB's. Bush may be able to too. I know he can line up as a WR and will be deadly out of the slot and running back kicks.

Paying that much reminds of the NBA wherenrookies were getting more than potential hall of famers. Make them prove it for a year and then negotiate contracts. Have the NFL set a 1 year salary and then pay accordingly.

1432783[/snapback]

I think that the QB money vs RB money is an NFL thing...I have not done any research but I am sure that QB's make the most money of any position.

My statment is that is how the NFL feels about RB's

It's like when a player gets the Francise Tag it's not the avg. salary of the top 5 players in the league it's the top five players at his position.

Bottom line Your postion has everything to do with the Money you make

Bush is a Chump.....W that is!!! :D

Something has to change. The top picks shouldn't get this much money guaranteed, and it just goes up every year. The NFL can just put their foot down but they won't. Why? Where else are these kids going to play? A lot of first rounders can turn out to be 'busts', college success doesn't always equate to NFL success so why are these guys deserving of 20 mill up front? Its got to stop.

No way texans are going to take Bush. They aren't that stupid and he isn't going to lower his price.

I expect them to trade down. Bush will probably get a huge contract, tear his ACL in his first year or do something stupid to throw his career off track like other overhyped athletes (see Kellen Winslow) or be an adequate RB at best to whatever team selects him. I could be wrong, he could be the second coming of Marshall Faulk but I doubt it. He won't be playing at UCLA (which was nearly NFL level to begin with), and teams he'll be facing won't be the ones he faced in college.

Edited by Crazysight

First of all, this is a non-story. Isn't it obvious to everybody that the 2006 #1 pick will get paid more than the 2005 #1 pick? The rookie salaries increase every year.

Secondly, it sounds like yitbos69 wasn't comparing a rookie RB to a rookie QB -- he seemed to be comparing Bush to an ESTABLISHED NFL quarterback. After all, $24 million in guarantees is more than any player has gotten in free agency since........?

If I'm not mistaken, it's around the same guaranteed money TOM BRADY got from the Patriots last year. Is Bush Brady's equal? Of course not. As many others have said, the rookie contracts are ridiculous and they need to address it before next year.

First of all, this is a non-story. Isn't it obvious to everybody that the 2006 #1 pick will get paid more than the 2005 #1 pick? The rookie salaries increase every year.

Secondly, it sounds like yitbos69 wasn't comparing a rookie RB to a rookie QB -- he seemed to be comparing Bush to an ESTABLISHED NFL quarterback. After all, $24 million in guarantees is more than any player has gotten in free agency since........?

If I'm not mistaken, it's around the same guaranteed money TOM BRADY got from the Patriots last year. Is Bush Brady's equal? Of course not. As many others have said, the rookie contracts are ridiculous and they need to address it before next year.

1432951[/snapback]

Nicely said. However if the Texans do pass on Bush and he turns out to be a super stud, they will look like total :D

Nicely said.  However if the Texans do pass on Bush and he turns out to be a super stud, they will look like total  :D

1433113[/snapback]

Every team faces that when they are 'blessed' with the #1 overall pick. Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf were supposedly #1 and #1A on everyone's boards, luckily Indy made the right choice and SD looks like fools even though anyone at #2 would have taken Leaf supposedly. Like I said earlier, they HAVE TO reduce the amount of guaranteed money these top picks are receiving.

Some could argue that its things like this that make the draft charts 100% bogus ... the "pick value calculator" is not applicable to the "real" NFL because the salary cap causes certain teams to devalue the earlier picks because of what it does to their finances...

1432951[/snapback]

Not to pick nits :D but I certainly interpreted his comment as that. The first sentence of the article states that the 24 million would exceed 2005 first pick Alex Smith. After all, this thread is about that article. Well, there I go assuming people around here can actually comprehend what's written. :D

Not to pick nits :D  but I certainly interpreted his comment as that.  The first sentence of the article states that the 24 million would exceed 2005 first pick Alex Smith.  After all, this thread is about that article.  Well, there I go assuming people around here can actually comprehend what's written.  :D

1433876[/snapback]

It is the second sentence in the artical that makes that statement. So if you are going to slam someone for not replying the way you think they should......then get it right yourself!!!

I do know the difference between 1st and 2nd!!!

I love guys like you who are so much smarter than everyone else!

I will make it simple for you Bush is not worth that kind of Money(24 million)!!

Edited by yitbos69

It is the second sentence in the artical that makes that statement.  So if you are going to slam someone for not replying the way you think they should......then get it right yourself!!!

I do know the difference between 1st and 2nd!!!

I love guys like you how are so much smarter than everyone else!

I will make it simple for you Bush is not worth that kind of Money(24 million)!!

1434118[/snapback]

:D

Did you really need 9 exclamation points to say that?

And by the way, you wrote "how are so much smarter," so your sentence doesn’t really make sense to anyone.

Chill out.

Bush Lied!

If Houston goes for Bush here and signs him to this giant deal, that will set them back a few years. I wish they would be smart about this and get some linemen. DD is a great RB and they haven't given him the opportunity to succeed. The same will happen to Bush if they don't fix their current line issues.

Did you really need 9 exclamation points to say that?

And by the way, you wrote "how are so much smarter," so your sentence doesn’t really make sense to anyone.

Chill out.

1434263[/snapback]

I am chill. And I do realize that I make mistakes. I am ok with that. If you don't like what I say or how I spell don't respond to it.

Keep your trap shut. And I will be Chill. But call me out and I will respond! And it will be what it will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am chill. And I do realize that I make mistakes.  I am ok with that.  If you don't like what I say or how I spell don't respond to it.

Keep your trap shut.  And I will be Chill.  But call me out and I will respond! And it will be what it will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1434557[/snapback]

noob :D

I am chill. And I do realize that I make mistakes.  I am ok with that.  If you don't like what I say or how I spell don't respond to it.

Keep your trap shut.  And I will be Chill.  But call me out and I will respond! And it will be what it will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1434557[/snapback]

Typical Delt Sig.