[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bush family didn't buy their own house?

budlitebrad

SPRING VALLEY, Calif. – In this sprawling hilltop community with a breathtaking view of Sweetwater Lake, it was no secret who lived in the 3,000-square-foot house at the corner of Apple Street and Luther Avenue.

That home, residents would tell you, was where Reggie Bush's family lived.

That is, until this weekend, when the family abruptly packed up and vacated the residence – less than 24 hours after Yahoo! Sports approached Bush's mother about information linking the property to Michael Michaels, a man who is alleged to have tried to play a role in steering Bush toward an agent and who also has ties to a sports marketing company.

Days before Bush is expected to be the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft, unanswered questions about the residence and how his mother, stepfather and brother came to live in it within the last year have prompted the University of Southern California to refer the matter to the Pacific-10 Conference for an investigation.

NCAA statutes prohibit student-athletes or their families from receiving extra benefits from professional sports agents, marketing companies or their representatives. A breach of these statutes could result in an athlete being ruled ineligible, and games in which they played could be forfeited.

link

Rick Blaine: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Capt. Louis Renault: I'm shocked ... shocked to find that gambling is going on in here.

[A croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

Croupier: Your winnings, sir.

Capt. Louis Renault: Oh, thank you ... very much. Everybody out at once!

The family just packed up and moved out? I would do almost anything to avoid moving.

"State records show the Apple Street home was built in late 2004 and early 2005, then purchased by Michaels on March 29, 2005 for $757,500. Around that time, neighbors say Bush's family moved in. "

So if true they moved in this year. Did they give the house as a loan on Bush signing, making him ineligible this year I would assume? I don't mind kids buying houses for their parents at all, but why didn't they just wait 13 months?

Edited by Randall

The family just packed up and moved out? I would do almost anything to avoid moving.

1433379[/snapback]

But if they had stayed, they would have hundreds of press on their doorstep, not asking about Reggie. And they knew that could hurt him draft wise.

So, they hope the Pac-10 dosn't find anything until after Saturday?

But if they had stayed, they would have hundreds of press on their doorstep, not asking about Reggie. And they knew that could hurt him draft wise.

So, they hope the Pac-10 dosn't find anything until after Saturday?

1433383[/snapback]

True, but lie and say they are just house sitting.

This doesn't bother me as much as bribing players to come to a school. "Reggie, we'll build you parents a house if you make me your agent". Illegal, but many schools do worse.

Anybody still clinging to dreams of college purity and amateurism is flat out deluded.

1433556[/snapback]

I'm not but was the school involved in this or did an agent talk Reggie and his family into it? Was this guy a booster or just an agent wanting Reggie to sign him?

They may still forfeit, but I wonder their responsibility.

Anybody still clinging to dreams of college purity and amateurism is flat out deluded.

1433556[/snapback]

:D

I was just concerned that it might mess with my dynasty draft.

Any other ramifications are none of my business.

1433556[/snapback]

Hey, this past winter when my daughter was going through the recruitment process to play collegiate softball, we had to account for who paid for her hot cocoa when we visited a DI school ... the purity is there, if you don't look in the cess pools for it.

It's time to take the top 100 DI colleges and make their football players and basketball players employees of the school rather than amateur athletes, make DI programs "minor leagues" for the NBA and NFL, and quit deluding ourselves that 75% of these players are getting any kind of an education. Give them a "Certificate in Pro Sports Prep" and send those who can't make the NFL or NBA to the fastfood chains who are hiring for opening and closing shifts.

(Oh, as for my kid, she committed to a smaller school on a full academic scholarship and will play DII ball while double majoring in Chemistry and Math ...)

Rotoworld) The owner of the house Reggie Bush's family lived in is planning to sue the family for $3.2 million. The NFLPA claims the family was the subject of unlawful threats.

Impact: We've heard whispers that this story is only getting started. Bush's family reportedly did not pay rent at the house they were living at. There are indications that Bush's stepfather was involved in setting up the agency that he eventually spurned. The possibility of him losing his Heisman is growing.

Anyone else following this? If Reggie loses his Heisman, that would almost ensure he'll be a pro stud since he'd lose the Heisman curse. :D