[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Manning Jr. Arrested

CarryTheRock

Now...Manning may or may not have been involved in the punching and kicking. Someone he was with was idiot enough to punch a guy in the face to start the thing out. Teasing him for using his laptop? Now next time your sitting in a restaurant checking your fantasy football on your laptop you may just get beat down by a player you "own."

LINK

The Panthers actually can still match the Bears offer.  I don't see it happening now.

1434010[/snapback]

I wouldn't worry about them matching anyways...he had 2 very good playoff games in 2003 and then did nothing afterwards...

I love the fact that it takes a whole group, including a starting NFL DB, to beat down a "geek" at Denny's. Wow, what men they must think they are. It's that pack mentality that really pisses me off. :D

C'mon you pu$$y, come get some by yourself.

Millions of dollars does not equal class that's for sure.

LINK

1434001[/snapback]

That's so sad... I think the one difference between the NBA and the NFL are the most NFL players show much more class and 'business like' conduct off the field. But then again, it's thugs like this who tarnish the game and the players in who play in it.

I don't think the Panthers were going to match the offer sheet regardless, but this certainly makes it easier for them to spin this to there fans and land a 3rd round pick too.

My best guess is that getting a 2nd, 3rd rounder will give them some dry powder to move up in the 2nd round if they see a 1st round grade drop enough to make a trade to grab him since they would have two picks in the 3rd round. :D

I hope that Ricky likes the Bears and plays well for them, but his career as a Panther ended with his arrest. He helps us get to the SB a few years ago so I will simply say thanks for your years with the Panthers and good luck in Chicago.

According to ESPN, the Panthers have announced they will NOT match the offer. Gee, what surprise - major sarcasm intended. How convenient, they're getting Manning out of their hair.

As a Bears homer, I'm already :doah: :D:D about this guy and losing a third round pick. He better be worth it. I thought they could get a better DB in the draft. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Let's not convict the guy, but before the truth of this incident is known. I find it difficult that Ricky would be foolish enough to harrass a guy at a Denny's and have him (or his posse) escalate this enough that they physically hurt the guy.

If he did do it or had a major role in what happened than he is much immature than I would have imagined and not a nice guy. However, the guy is a good, physical CB and is a good player, so I am sure he will do well for Chicago. He just needs a good reminder that he is a NFL player and therefore will attract the spotlight no matter what he is doing.

I hope that the details come out on this so the guy can be blasted for his actions or he is acquitted if he did not have a role in the incident. Time will tell.

Let's not convict the guy, but before the truth of this incident is known.  I find it difficult that Ricky would be foolish enough to harrass a guy at a Denny's and have him (or his posse) escalate this enough that they physically hurt the guy.

If he did do it or had a major role in what happened than he is much immature than I would have imagined and not a nice guy.  However, the guy is a good, physical CB and is a good player, so I am sure he will do well for Chicago.  He just needs a good reminder that he is a NFL player and therefore will attract the spotlight no matter what he is doing. 

I hope that the details come out on this so the guy can be blasted for his actions or he is acquitted if he did not have a role in the incident.  Time will tell.

1435781[/snapback]

He was charged with the same crime a few years ago. The guy's an idiot that's probably been beating up people that were minding their own business for some time now. He just happened to get caught this time. I'll say it again, good riddance. :D We don't need any problem children on our team, let someone else deal with it.

He was charged with the same crime a few years ago.  The guy's an idiot that's probably been beating up people that were minding their own business for some time now.  He just happened to get caught this time.  I'll say it again, good riddance. :D We don't need any problem children on our team, let someone else deal with it.

1435839[/snapback]

He didn't start for the Panthers because he was not as good as Lucas or Gamble, now with the return of Howard.....good riddance. The Panthers secondary is solid and they should add a DB in the 2nd or 3rd(with two picks).

He didn't start for the Panthers because he was not as good as Lucas or Gamble, now with the return of Howard.....good riddance. The Panthers secondary is solid and they should add a DB in the 2nd or 3rd(with two picks).

1435842[/snapback]

He started two years ago and it was painfull to watch. He helped us with our run to the SB three years ago but he's starting to look like the Larry Brown of our organization. Raiders fans should be thankful that Al Davis didn't make a run at him.

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

What's funny and sad at the same time is that the Bears paid big money for a nickel back and gave up a third round pick to boot. A third round pick that could have netted a better DB than Jr is already, as the draft is deep in DB's this year.

Don't get me wrong, I have no love lost for Ricky and I will not miss him at all. I am simply saying that he should have the benefit of the doubt, until details come out on the incident.

I like having a 2nd 3rd round pick for trading up in the 2nd or getting a 4th player on the first day. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Remember about a month ago when Ricky Manning Jr. was busted for beating on a computer nerd with his buddies in a restaurant? Well, he has been charged for it now. Manning was charged with a count of assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury. The "means" would be kicking the guy when he was down.

Maurice Drew, who was recently drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars, was also charged. They have a bail set at $30,000.

If you don't remember, the story was a pack of teenage bullies were teasing a guy in a Denny's for being on his computer. When the guy complained to the manager he was rewarded with a punch in the face and kicked while he was down. Oh...sorry for the mistake above, it wasn't a pack of teenage bullies, it was a pack of grown men from UCLA. They were pulled over in Manning's SUV after fleeing the restaurant, likely high fiving and talking about how they each got the best of the guy that I picture as weighing about 125lbs and checking his fantasy football on his laptop.

Idiots.