[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Williams Won His Appeal

Big Score 1

...the league is supposed to decide the fate of Dolphins Rb Ricky Williams today and the word around the league is Williams has won his appeal and will be dealt by the Dolphins either before or during the Draft...the Broncos once again appear to be the front runner for Williams and have extra picks in the second and third rounds...

www.eastcoastsportsnews.com

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's his price?

I'd guess that DEN may ask for a small contingency pick on Williams failing another drug test and/or spontaneously retiring (again).

3rd for Williams and a contingent 5th?

What's his price?

I'd guess that DEN may ask for a small contingency pick on Williams failing another drug test and/or spontaneously retiring (again).

3rd for Williams and a contingent 5th?

1436274[/snapback]

Not if I'm Saban.

IMO he's worth so much more to the Dophins than a 2nd or 3rd rd pick. They have holes on their team but it's not worth giving up Ricky Williams for a pick that "might" pan out.

Not if I'm Saban.

IMO he's worth so much more to the Dophins than a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.  They have holes on their team but it's not worth giving up Ricky Williams for a pick that "might" pan out.

1436288[/snapback]

I'd think the Dolphins would want to get what they can for him. One more misstep and he's gone + it's not like they've got a scrub at RB if he's not there.

Not if I'm Saban.

IMO he's worth so much more to the Dophins than a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.  They have holes on their team but it's not worth giving up Ricky Williams for a pick that "might" pan out.

1436288[/snapback]

We have a back and need to work towards the future... this is a deep draft, especially on the defensive side of the ball - I'd take a second

If I am the Fins I deal him, move on, he's approaching 30. You have your RB of the future, you didn't work him to death last year so he could get up to speed. Get something while you can, plus I can't wait to see how high RW gets drafted in leagues if he goes to Denver.

If I am the Fins I deal him, move on, he's approaching 30. You have your RB of the future, you didn't work him to death last year so he could get up to speed. Get something while you can, plus I can't wait to see how high RW gets drafted in leagues if he goes to Denver.

1436340[/snapback]

+30

This is not a rebuilding team. They are in win now mode with the Super Bowl in Miami this year. Having Ricky on the team in 2006 gives the Dophins a better chance of reaching that goal.

He played half the season last year and the year before that he took off. I don't see him as an abused RB.

Edit to add: Eventhough I think the Dophins are a year away from making serious noise.

I am against trading him because we don't get the value. I mean, he's a top 5 back and essentially we'd be dealing him for a 3.

Edited by Fantasy Jesus

...remember that Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James were not worth 2nd round picks last year...

Ricky Williams is NOT worth a 2nd this year.

1436503[/snapback]

Agreed... but I do not think that I would want to part with him for less.

...remember that Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James were not worth 2nd round picks last year...

1436503[/snapback]

A large part of the reason no team offerd a 2nd for either SA or Edge was their contract status.

That is not an issue with Ricky.

1436503[/snapback]

They weren't worth second rounders because they would also be expecting big time cash after the season. Williams will not be.

I agree it would be a mistake for the Dolphins to trade him. He's cheap. He's good. Brown hasn't proven he can handle the full load yet. I'd just ride it out and hope he doesn't flake out again.

That being said, I hope they do trade him, as I own Ronnie Brown in a dynasty league.

Edited by CaptainHook

Williams will be a solid player but the Dolphins have no need for him. His value isn't going to be much higher so I'd deal him. He isn't the future is because Ronnie is obviously. If they can get a 3rd rounder, I'd give him away in a heartbeat.

I'd be thrilled for the Colts to give up a second round pick for him.  I'd do it in a heartbeat.

1436541[/snapback]

Colts would probably be better off going after Thomas Jones than Ricky Williams. Giving a 2nd for any player inches away from a year long ban gives me the willies...let alone when that player is Ricky Williams.

Oh!

And quit repeating my posts Hook. :D

:D

Colts would probably be better off going after Thomas Jones than Ricky Williams. Giving a 2nd for any player inches away from a year long ban gives me the willies...let alone when that player is Ricky Williams.

Oh!

And quit repeating my posts Hook. :D 

:D

1436580[/snapback]

No doubt; the Colts are in no position to gamble on Williams.

No doubt; the Colts are in no position to gamble on Williams.

1436587[/snapback]

why not?

Would it be a risk? yes.

But the Colts window closed last year. With Ricky, it's open for another year. A second rounder isn't going to help a whole lot this year. RW would. If he flakes out, they still have Rhodes and Mungro.

why not?

Would it be a risk?  yes. 

But the Colts window closed last year.  With Ricky, it's open for another year.  A second rounder isn't going to help a whole lot this year.  RW would.  If he flakes out, they still have Rhodes and Mungro.

1436614[/snapback]

TJ still sounds better to me...