[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Williams suspended one year

TheGrunt

LINK

NEW YORK -- Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams was suspended for the 2006 season by the NFL on Tuesday for violating the league's substance abuse policy for the fourth time.

The league announced the suspension after Williams' appeal of a his latest positive drug test was denied. Williams met with NFL counsel Jeff Pash on April 10 in an attempt to have the league overturn the test.

Previous positive tests were for Josh Gordon, which Williams acknowledged using. The latest test apparently involved a drug other than Josh Gordon.

Williams retired and sat out the 2004 season but returned last year to play for new Miami coach Nick Saban.

Before being allowed to return, Williams served a four-game suspension at the start of the season for his third violation of the drug program. He ran for 743 yards and averaged 4.4 yards a carry while sharing playing time with rookie Ronnie Brown.

What a waste... :D

I am tempted to go find some now humorous quotes from Ricky and Nick but I think I will just let it go.

1437292[/snapback]

At this point that is about all we can do. Although we can try predicting whether Ricky will be back for the start of the 07 season... :D

In my opinion this is why the NFL is the most legit sport out there right now. The NFL puts the rules and laws out there and expects the athletes to follow them. When the athletes dont follow the rules, they are punished. The athletes are held accountable.

Kudos to the NFL :D

In my opinion this is why the NFL is the most legit sport out there right now. The NFL puts the rules and laws out there and expects the athletes to follow them. When the athletes dont follow the rules, they are punished. The athletes are held accountable.

Kudos to the NFL  :D

1437312[/snapback]

And meanwhile thugs and criminals like Ricky Manning Jr continue to play in the NFL.

Ridiculous.

1437312[/snapback]

Wait until we find ut what he did. If it was an obscure herb used in yoga that the NFL banned but one he wasn't using to get an advantage in football I'll be disappointed. But I suggest we wait and see what it is.

Ricky dug himself a big hole and he paid for it here, but I was hoping he had changed his life. What a waste.

Wait until we find ut what he did. If it was an obscure herb used in yoga that the NFL banned but one he wasn't using to get an advantage in football I'll be disappointed. But I suggest we wait and see what it is.

Ricky dug himself a big hole and he paid for it here, but I was hoping he had changed his life. What a waste.

1437323[/snapback]

Not sure why so many people expected that he had actually changed his life. The only reason he came back to the NFL is because of the 8 million the dolphins wanted back. He clearly was just going through the motions and wasn't putting his heart into it.

1437323[/snapback]

I doubt it will be made public - cetainly not officially anyway.

But regardless, after three failed tests and a one year suspension, he was a fool if he ever had anything more than a glass of water and the occasional orange juice.

As was mentioned too - he never had his heart in it anyway. It was all about his wallet and the money he owed. He lost the fire long ago.

But regardless, after three failed tests and a one year suspension, he was a fool if he ever had anything more than a glass of water and the occasional orange juice.

As was mentioned too - he never had his heart in it anyway. It was all about his wallet and the money he owed. He lost the fire long ago.

1437336[/snapback]

+1

It's really too bad though, he had such amazing talant. I don't blame the drugs, I blame his lack of desire... not much any one person can really do about it at this point. If his head isn't in it anymore, then he is a lost cause. It's just so sad... :D

He was fun to watch when he was good though! :D Oh the memories...

1437336[/snapback]

Then he must have been more talented then I originally thought.

He gained 743 yards last year at 4.4 a carry sharing the load with RB. In the last 2 games of the season, with Ronnie Brown hurt, he rushed for 270+ yards.

Very impressive for someone who "lost the fire long ago".

Edited by Fantasy Jesus

Then he must have been more talented then I originally thought.

He gained 743 yards last year at 4.4 a carry sharing the load with RB. In the last 2 games of the season, with Ronnie Brown hurt, he rushed for 270+ yards.

Very impressive for someone who "lost the fire long ago".

1437354[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't watch much MIA football last year, so I don't have the "intangibles" to go with. But, those numbers don't suggest a lost fire.

1437312[/snapback]

And meanwhile thugs and criminals like Ricky Manning Jr continue to play in the NFL.

Ridiculous.

1437316[/snapback]

exactly. kudos to the NFL, give me a friggin break.

get convicted of assault, beatin yer wife, federal drug trafficking charges, obstruction of justice with respect to a MURDER....eh, couple games and don't you do it again, mister!

take some cold medicine? :D OUT FOR THE YEAR!

at least the NFL is holding its athletes accountable. :D