[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What can Brown do for you?

keggerz

ok last yr his stats were:

207carries

907yds(4.4/carry)

4 TDs

32 Rcps

232 yds

combined yardage 1139 and 5 TDs

Ricky's stats last yr:

168 carries

743 yds(4.4/carry)

6 TDs

17 Rcps

93 yds

combined yardage 836yds 6 TDs

so the question is what % of Rickys Carries does Ronnie get?

Combined they had:

375 carries

1650 yds(4.4/carry)

10 TDs

49 Recps

325 yds

1 TD

Combined 1975 yds 11 TDs

do the math and that would have put them combined at 288 pts in a .5 ppr league or

around 21.33pts/game(factored at 13.5 games since ricky played in 12 and ronnie in 15)....

those numbers would vault ronnie into the top 5(edge scored 288.30 in that scoring system)

i know 375 is a bunch of carries but its not out of the question...Mia should be improved as should ronnie in his second yr...look for big things from Mr. Brown

What can BROWN do for you?

i had him as a top 10 without even worrying about rickys appeal

time will tell

1437383[/snapback]

but now it's guaranteed...I think I had him at 8 or 9....but there was question...I may have had him overtaken by Ctaylor and SJax if they kept Ricky (redraft)

1. LJ

2. LT2

3. Tiki

4. SA

5. Portis

6. CTaylor

7. RBrown

8. Caddy

9. LJordan

10. Edge

11. SJax

12. Westy

13. Rudi

14. TJ

15. Droughns

this is all subject to change with who the Colts/Broncos pick

:D Interesting situation. I was very successful last year using him as my #2B - 3 back, and he would have been a very good #2 had he not been splitting with Ricky. I'm not 100% sold on him being a #1 fantasy back for a team next year though. Maybe I'm just being to conservative with my approach though, just a gut feeling really.

Although, he will avoid hitting the rookie wall this season, and with all the carries going his way, if you can combine his and Ricky's numbers (or even look at games where they carried the load themselves), this is a very good fantasy situation. Still, taking him as a #1 back? I don't know. It could be a great move, or it could turn out like Steven Jackson last year. Another very good #2 fantasy RB, but not someone you could count on as a #1. At least not yet.

but now it's guaranteed...I think I had him at 8 or 9....but there was question...I may have had him overtaken by Ctaylor and SJax if they kept Ricky (redraft)

1. LJ

2. LT2

3. Tiki

4. SA

5. Portis

6. CTaylor

7. RBrown

8. Caddy

9. LJordan

10. Edge

11. SJax

12. Westy

13. Rudi

14. TJ

15. Droughns

1437405[/snapback]

Wow, CTaylor 6th? Really? Why are you that high on him? Not scared of somekind of RBBC there? IMO, Brown/Caddy/SJax/Edge/possibly even Droughns are ahead of him.....very interesting.

1. LJ

2. LT2

3. SA

4. Caddy

5. Tiki

6. Portis

7. RBrown

8. Edge

9. SJax

10. Jordan

11. Rudi

12. McGahee

13. Westy

14. CTaylor

15. McAllister

1437405[/snapback]

There that feels better. :D

Wow, CTaylor 6th?  Really?  Why are you that high on him?  Not scared of somekind of RBBC there?

1437424[/snapback]

i will answer for avernus after i first state that he is an eagles homer and the NEW MINN Head Coach was the OC for Philly

avernus knows Childress wanted to run the ball more in philly and he also knows that CTaylor will be used like Westy was in the passing game but with more rushing touches...he also has no fear of RBBC since the NEW COACH just traded for TAYLOR(HIS GUY)

i think 6th is high but i can see why...i think Taylor is more in the 12-18 range when all is said and done

Wow, CTaylor 6th?  Really?  Why are you that high on him?  Not scared of somekind of RBBC there? IMO, Brown/Caddy/SJax/Edge/possibly even Droughns are ahead of him.....very interesting.

1437424[/snapback]

C. Taylor is in a very similar situation that Priest was in when he left Baltimore. He is going to a new team. He has experience but hasn't been over used to this point and he will be running behind what could be the best O-line in the league this year. Barring injury, I expect him to have a very good year. To win in FF, you have to out-project your opponent. Following the standard way of thinking can only get you so far.

Wow, CTaylor 6th?  Really?  Why are you that high on him?  Not scared of somekind of RBBC there? IMO, Brown/Caddy/SJax/Edge/possibly even Droughns are ahead of him.....very interesting.

1437424[/snapback]

no Onterrio..no Bennett or Moe....

he's clearly the feature back...

great OL and very very decent pass attack...he'll catch passes and have ample blocking...

While I agree that Brown's stock is up, let's ask ourselves this one question: how did Joey Harrington's presence affect Kevin Jones' value last year?  Just a random thought.

1437677[/snapback]

I'll pull a Kerry here (oops...this isn't the tailgate)...

yes...and no...

yes, because Harrington was horrible...and Garcia was better...and Jones still didn't really do much

but that's not my no...

no, because he left plenty of games with either a concussion or some other crap...

I'd love to put him in my top 15...but the truth is...he's around 20th...

if I do the RB wh0re thing, I'd be ecstatic if he was my 4th RB...last year he was my #3....then ended up my #4...then packaged with a decent WR for Galloway :D

i will answer for avernus after i first state that he is an eagles homer and the NEW MINN Head Coach was the OC for Philly

avernus knows Childress wanted to run the ball more in philly and he also knows that CTaylor will be used like Westy was in the passing game but with more rushing touches...he also has no fear of RBBC since the NEW COACH just traded for TAYLOR(HIS GUY)

i think 6th is high but i can see why...i think Taylor is more in the 12-18 range when all is said and done

1437433[/snapback]

I agree 6 is high....8 or 9 is more realistic...I whipped the list up on the spot...

I could ponder Edge a little higher due to him playing the Niners and rams twice a year....and the possibility of Seattle coming back down to earth as Tatupu is a beast...but I think Bernard has shot his load for his new contract....just my take, though...

:D Interesting situation.  I was very successful last year using him as my #2B - 3 back, and he would have been a very good #2 had he not been splitting with Ricky.  I'm not 100% sold on him being a #1 fantasy back for a team next year though.  Maybe I'm just being to conservative with my approach though, just a gut feeling really.

Although, he will avoid hitting the rookie wall this season, and with all the carries going his way, if you can combine his and Ricky's numbers (or even look at games where they carried the load themselves), this is a very good fantasy situation.  Still, taking him as a #1 back?  I don't know.  It could be a great move, or it could turn out like Steven Jackson last year.  Another very good #2 fantasy RB, but not someone you could count on as a #1.  At least not yet.

1437423[/snapback]

Brown would be an outstanding #2 back...and in my money local...it is very possible...

if I had the #1 pick...and this may be dumb...but whatever....I could possibly get LJ, CTaylor and RBrown.....but I could realistically get Fitz where I take my #3 RB...

Brown has more talent...Taylor has more talent around him....at least until CPep is healthy...but the OL still favors the Vikes marginally..

CTaylor=this year's LJordan...

so the question is what % of Rickys Carries does Ronnie get?

1437364[/snapback]

You can't combine Williams stats with Browns... Its not realistic to expect him to carry the ball that many times... If Allstot didnt get the ball on the one all those times, and Pittman wasnt brought in so often, Cadillac's numbers would be insane as well...

1437674[/snapback]

i combined each players numbers to show how potent the rushing attack was in miami...

people seem to have missed the question that i bolded from my 1st post in this thread

Ronnie Brown will have a few things in his favor entering 2006.

1. A year of experience under his belt.

2. An upgraded offensive line, which is in it's second year under Houck.

3. FA acquisition Fred Beasley who is an absolute beast of a fullback to make holes for him.

His backups will be Sammy Morris and Kay Jay Harris.

The big question regarding Brown will be can he carry the load for 16 weeks?

The Big Ole Stone takes center stage for the Fish.

Ronnie and Willie are my starting RB's in CBFL, and I feel pretty good about them, also have TJ Duckett as well-perhaps he's a TD machine this year at the goal line for the Falcs?

Which could lead to some frustrating Sunday mornings :doah:

What can BROWN do for you?

1437364[/snapback]

UPS sucks!!! And so do the Miami Dolphins. :D

Oh and to answer the question seriously, I think Brown will be a very good #2 RB this year, and possibly a top 10 RB. Itll have a lot to do with how MUCH they use him. They overplayed RW. Thats why he had to smoke the ganja so much....to ease his pain from getting smacked around.

Edited by peepinmofo