[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre Will Play

Adrenaline

I hope Favre has a lights out year... 30 td's and 3600 yards... That would be a nice ending for him... I hope he can break Marino's td record...

1437622[/snapback]

I'll settle for 25 TDs. But that would be awesome.

I'm just happy I won't have to see Rodgers play the whole season.

1437549[/snapback]

Okay, I'm really happy Farve is playing again (especially with the amount of Prime Time games the Packers were given again) but is Rodgers really that bad? :D

Okay, I'm really happy Farve is playing again (especially with the amount of Prime Time games the Packers were given again) but is Rodgers really that bad?  :D

1437655[/snapback]

That's the scuttlebut coming out of Green Bay.

I respect Mort greatly, but we still do not have a confirmation of any kind from any solid source. I think I may have even sparked this rumor with my other post perhaps? haha

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=148855

I'm still hoping that this rumor remains unconfirmed until after the draft...

Edited by Super Twinky

Glad to hear it  :D

1437631[/snapback]

Yes. I read yesterday he talked to Lavar and tried talking him into signing. I was hoping for a farewell tour from Brett. Now we need to get some blockers.

I respect Mort greatly, but we still do not have a confirmation of any kind from any solid source.  I think I may have even sparked this rumor with my other post perhaps?  haha

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=148855

I'm still hoping that this rumor remains unconfirmed until after the draft...

1437689[/snapback]

The Green Bay Packers finally have their answer: Brett Favre is coming back.

After four months of deliberation, the quarterback has told the team he plans to play this season, according to ESPN. The network reported late Tuesday night that Favre informed General Manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy of his decision earlier that day.

McCarthy, through a team spokesman, referred all questions to Thompson, who could not be reached. Efforts to reach Favre, his agent and his family also were unsuccessful. It’s unknown if the team has a formal announcement planned for today.

Favre, 36, is coming off the worst season of his 15-year NFL career. He threw a career-high 29 interceptions in 2005, when the Packers went 4-12 with a team depleted by injuries. It was their only losing season since acquiring Favre in a 1992 trade with Atlanta.

Four times this offseason, the Packers delayed a $3 million roster bonus that Favre was scheduled to be paid in December. They moved the deadline from March to two different dates in April before finally giving Favre until July 27, or shortly before training camp, to make his decision.

All along, the Packers hoped Favre would decide before this weekend’s NFL draft, even though Thompson said as recently as Monday that Favre’s indecision would not affect the team’s strategy.

Thompson said on Monday it would not surprise him if he spoke to Favre before the draft and perhaps got an answer about his future. That’s apparently what happened Tuesday.

“I’ve gotten to the point where I’m not necessarily anticipating (a decision),” Thompson said Monday, “but at the same time, it wouldn’t necessarily surprise me if we got some sort of an answer.”

Favre, the NFL’s only three-time MVP, has spoken publicly on only a handful of occasions this offseason, but at one point, he said if he did play in 2006, it would be his last season. It’s unclear whether Favre told the Packers how much longer he plans to play.

Throughout the offseason, Favre had hinted that he hoped Thompson would be active in free agency in order to give the team a chance to contend in 2006. Thompson signed a pair of potential starters on defense, former St. Louis Rams defensive tackle Ryan Pickett and former Seattle Seahawks safety Marquand Manuel, and also re-signed defensive end Aaron Kampman. However, Thompson couldn’t land free-agent linebacker LaVar Arrington, who chose the New York Giants over the Packers, and didn’t add much on offense.

The Packers have a minicamp scheduled for May 5, which would be the first official team function under McCarthy, but it’s unknown if Favre will attend. Last offseason, he didn’t attend any of the team’s offseason workouts, instead staying at home in Mississippi and working out with a personal trainer.

Favre’s retirement has become a constant question for the last several years. A year ago, he didn’t announce his intention to return for the 2005 season until two months after the season ended.

Here ya go.