[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sure bet's to win their Division.

PantherDave

I think Brees was full of it, he was going for the money in FA, I do beleive he would have liked the Chargers to have been in the bidding, but this was his chance for that final big NFL contract-he would have taken the NO money regardless of the injury or not.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at this point, I see it this way:

AFC West

I really don't see any division being close to a sure thing. I do agree that the Broncos are probably the closest thing, but, I wouldn't be surprised to see KC or SD pushing them for the title.

Division Winner = Denver

AFC North

I believe that both Baltimore and Cleveland will improve, but, I think there is still some space between them and Pittsburgh/Cincy. The Pit/Cincy rivalry will continue to grow, and they will go right down to the wire. I think Cincy's 1st place schedule (Indy & NE where PIT gets MIA & JAX) combined with the slow progress of Palmer early gives the Steelers the title. :D

Division Winner = Pittsburgh

Wildcard = Cincinnati

AFC South

The Colts will run away with this division. I think the Jags fall back a bit this year, and I expect the Colts to cruise to the title. The Titans & Texans are rebuilding and not close to playoff conenders.

Division Winner = Indianapolis

AFC East

I'm never one to overlook the Patriots. I have given them their props for years. However, I think their ruling of this division ends this year. I think the Dolphins are ready to take the next step. The Patriots will still be solid and make the playoffs. Buffalo could surprise a bit, but, not a playoff team. The Jets are going to struggle big-time.

Division Winner = Miami

Wildcard = New England

NFC West

The Seahawks are going to see some competition from the Cards & Rams, but, in the end, they will be sitting comfortably on top of this division. Last year was no fluke. This team is very solid top to bottom. The Cards are going to take a big step forward this year, but, not far enough to see the post-season. The Rams will probably be a 7-9 or 8-8 team. The 49'ers continue to rebuild.

Division Winner = Seattle

NFC North

I'm obviously not as high on the Bears as everyone else. They will not walk away with this division. They have a very good defense, but, it was proven to be a bit over-rated during crunchtime last year. The problem is, I don't know who is going to push them. My guess is it will be the Vikings, as the Packers & Lions just aren't there. In the end, I think the division struggles as a whole, and the Bears squeak out the title.

Division Winner = Chicago

NFC South

This is going to be a very solid division. I think all four teams have playoff potential. I see the Panthers being a little more battle-tested. I look for them to take the division. On my team that surprises everyone this year pick, I'm going to take the Saints as a wildcard. Brees will help and I just have a hunch.

Division Winner = Carolina

Wildcard = New Orleans

NFC East

Without a doubt, the most competitive division in football. I don't think the Super Bowl champ will come from this group, but, there are 3 very good teams, and 1 solid team in this division. I think when all is said and done, it will be the Cowboys winning the division, and the Redskins grabbing the wildcard. The Giants will just miss the playoffs, and the Eagles will be competitive, but are just a step below the other three. I only see one wildcard coming from this division because they will beat each other up. As much as I hate T.O., one can't fail to recognize what he is going to do for this offense.

Division Winner = Dallas

Wildcard = Washington

Edited by Menudo

Well, at this point, I see it this way:

AFC West

I really don't see any division being close to a sure thing.  I do agree that the Broncos are probably the closest thing, but, I wouldn't be surprised to see KC or SD pushing them for the title.

Division Winner = Denver

AFC North

I believe that both Baltimore and Cleveland will improve, but, I think there is still some space between them and Pittsburgh/Cincy.  The Pit/Cincy rivalry will continue to grow, and they will go right down to the wire.  I think Cincy's 1st place schedule (Indy & NE where PIT gets MIA & JAX) combined with the slow progress of Palmer early gives the Steelers the title.  :D

Division Winner = Pittsburgh

Wildcard = Cincinnati

AFC South

The Colts will run away with this division.  I think the Jags fall back a bit this year, and I expect the Colts to cruise to the title.  The Titans & Texans are rebuilding and not close to playoff conenders.

Division Winner = Indianapolis

AFC East

I'm never one to overlook the Patriots.  I have given them their props for years.  However, I think their ruling of this division ends this year.  I think the Dolphins are ready to take the next step.  The Patriots will still be solid and make the playoffs.  Buffalo could surprise a bit, but, not a playoff team.  The Jets are going to struggle big-time.

Division Winner = Miami

Wildcard = New England

NFC West

The Seahawks are going to see some competition from the Cards & Rams, but, in the end, they will be sitting comfortably on top of this division.  Last year was no fluke.  This team is very solid top to bottom.  The Cards are going to take a big step forward this year, but, not far enough to see the post-season.  The Rams will probably be a 7-9 or 8-8 team.  The 49'ers continue to rebuild.

Division Winner = Seattle

NFC North

I'm obviously not as high on the Bears as everyone else.  They will not walk away with this division.  They have a very good defense, but, it was proven to be a bit over-rated during crunchtime last year.  The problem is, I don't know who is going to push them.  My guess is it will be the Vikings, as the Packers & Lions just aren't there.  In the end, I think the division struggles as a whole, and the Bears squeak out the title.

Division Winner = Chicago

NFC South

This is going to be a very solid division.  I think all four teams have playoff potential.  I see the Panthers being a little more battle-tested.  I look for them to take the division.  On my team that surprises everyone this year pick, I'm going to take the Saints as a wildcard.  Brees will help and I just have a hunch.

Division Winner = Carolina

Wildcard = New Orleans

NFC East

Without a doubt, the most competitive division in football.  I don't think the Super Bowl champ will come from this group, but, there are 3 very good teams, and 1 solid team in this division.  I think when all is said and done, it will be the Cowboys winning the division, and the Redskins grabbing the wildcard.  The Giants will just miss the playoffs, and the Eagles will be competitive, but are just a step below the other three.  I only see one wildcard coming from this division because they will beat each other up.  As much as I hate T.O., one can't fail to recognize what he is going to do for this offense.

Division Winner = Dallas

Wildcard = Washington

1438274[/snapback]

Nicely done :D

my fearless predictions

NFC North NFC South NFC East NFC West

X – Minnesota Z – Carolina X - NY Giants Z - Seattle

Chicago Y - Tampa Bay Dallas Y - Arizona

Detroit Atlanta Washington St Louis

Green Bay New Orleans Philadelphia San Francisco

AFC North AFC South AFC East AFC West

Z – Pittsburg X – Jacksonville X – Miami Z - Denver

Y – Cincinnati Y – Indianapolis New England San Diego

Cleveland Houston Buffalo Kansas City

Baltimore Tennessee NY Jets Oakland

NFC Championship

Seattle vs NY Giants

AFC Championship

Denver vs Indianapolis

Super Bowl

Denver vs Seattle

SB Champs

Denver

my fearless predictions

NFC North          NFC South          NFC East              NFC West

X – Minnesota      Z – Carolina        X - NY Giants      Z - Seattle

Chicago                Y - Tampa Bay    Dallas                  Y - Arizona

Detroit                  Atlanta                Washington          St Louis

Green Bay            New Orleans        Philadelphia          San Francisco

AFC North          AFC South            AFC East            AFC West

Z – Pittsburg        X – Jacksonville    X – Miami          Z - Denver

Y – Cincinnati      Y – Indianapolis  New England      San Diego

Cleveland              Houston                Buffalo                Kansas City

Baltimore              Tennessee            NY Jets              Oakland

NFC Championship

Seattle vs NY Giants

AFC Championship

Denver vs Indianapolis

Super Bowl

Denver vs Seattle

SB Champs

Denver

1438437[/snapback]

And there it is. Done, do we have to even play the season or can we just mark it down. :D

I'm calling Redskins to Win it by 1 game with Cowboys following right behind them.

of course I'm a redskins fan so who else would I pick  :D

1437965[/snapback]

As always cliaz and other skins fans, I'm sorry to hear that the skins are your team and that my crew( the boys) have been pounding on you for years with last year as an exception (we felt bad). We'll get back on track this year and take the division, easy call. I wish there were little praying smilie guys as one would have been placed here. :D Boy is the NFCE going to be a dog fight! Should be a ton of fun!

Edited by irish

One doesn't have to be old in age to be on the downslope of ones career.

No longer the clear #1 like most everyone has believed the last couple years. In fact, probably the 4th taken this year. And believe me when I say... Rivers is not going to help him even a little bit.

See SD probably 3rd in that division...

1438152[/snapback]

:D 4th? Shaun Alexander lost Hutchinson, so who do you have above him? LJ, Shaun and Tiki?

I think SD used LT badly. They should have leaned on him more and with Rivers they should rely on him more. I think he will be better because they will give him the ball more running and passing.

except LT, he's all washed up :D:D

1438319[/snapback]

LOL

No, I didn't say that. I said he was on the downslope of his career. I fully expect him to be in the top 10-15, but not in the top 5. That is going downhill.... to me anyway.

If you want guaranteed winners, I see the only "guarantees" as follows:

AFC: Pittsburgh, Indianapolis

NFC: Carolina, Seattle

1438640[/snapback]

Finally! :D

Hmmm.... even though I'm not a Denver fan and all... I still smell a bet in there somewhere Hat.

1438722[/snapback]

Do you remember our last trade/bet? :D:D

So far, I've got the Bears winning the NFCN and the SeaHawks winning the NFCW-boy, am I going out on a limb here or what???

I'll leave the NFCS alone for obvious reasons

Thoughts???

1437858[/snapback]

Yeah good call, I dont feel like fighting about it today :D

Yeah good call, I dont feel like fighting about it today  :D

1438865[/snapback]

Well, let's just say, I don't agree with two WC from the NFCE and I have TB getting a WC-see I'm notta hater, as I was pulling for the Bucs when playing the Skins.

Well, let's just say, I don't agree with two WC from the NFCE and I have TB getting a WC-see I'm notta hater, as I was pulling for the Bucs when playing the Skins.

1438875[/snapback]

That's true, you have never been a hater....I just think it is funny that everyone forgets about the Bucs when looking towards next season (not you). They were the division champions last season...