[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sure bet's to win their Division.

PantherDave

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true, you have never been a hater....I just think it is funny that everyone forgets about the Bucs when looking towards next season (not you).  They were the division champions last season...

1438983[/snapback]

11-5 and outscored their opponents by 26 points, on a fairly piece-of-cake schedule.

Other than a late season win at Carolina, and the squeaker at home mid-season vs. Washington, was there anything really impressive about their season besides losing to SF & the Jets?

The Dolphins will be crowned the new kings of the AFCE. The Pat's have too  many holes to fill before the regular season, I think their reign is over.

1439016[/snapback]

Too many holes to fill? :D

Who's playing QB for the Dolphins?

Too many holes to fill?  :D

1439037[/snapback]

Harrington! :D

:D

:D

...I still think he is right though; the Pats window might have closed. Not to say they won't be an average to good team, but not so dominant.

Too many holes to fill?  :D

1439037[/snapback]

Hopefully Daunte opening game, but assuming that won't happen Harrington will fit in nicely the first few weeks. The Pats lost some key players on that defense, a good receiver and a great Offensive linemen in Ashworth and not to mention probably the best kicker in the league in Vinatieri.

Hopefully Daunte opening game, but assuming that won't happen Harrington will fit in nicely the first few weeks.

1439058[/snapback]

Maybe the most optimistic Homer sentence I've ever read in this Forum. :D

Hopefully Daunte opening game, but assuming that won't happen Harrington will fit in nicely the first few weeks.

1439058[/snapback]

I think you forgot to add... "Harrington will fit in nicely the first few weeks as a backup until he fades off into the sunset." :D

Hopefully Daunte opening game, but assuming that won't happen Harrington will fit in nicely the first few weeks. The Pats lost some key players on that defense, a good receiver and a great Offensive linemen in Ashworth and not to mention probably the best kicker in the league in Vinatieri.

1439058[/snapback]

Having had ACL reconstruction, and Daunte having entire knee reconstruction-if you see him by week 8 he'll be doing miracuosly in his recovery.

Having had ACL reconstruction, and Daunte having entire knee reconstruction-if you see him by week 8 he'll be doing miracuosly in his recovery.

1439082[/snapback]

I bet.....

He's back by week 5 any takers?

11-5 and outscored their opponents by 26 points, on a fairly piece-of-cake schedule.

Other than a late season win at Carolina, and the squeaker at home mid-season vs. Washington, was there anything really impressive about their season besides losing to SF & the Jets?

1439034[/snapback]

You dont have to blow out your opponent to be a good team. The Bucs are a defensive minded team that doesnt blow people out. That being said, they were 11-5 and won their divison when most people had them picked to be last in the South. That my friend is impressive. Oh and they didnt get to pick their schedule so who cares. In the NFL, any team can win on any given Sunday. By the way bud, last year was last year. We are talking about this year.

They have one of the youngest offenses in the NFC. Simms, Clayton, Caddy, and Alex Smith should all mature into solid players next season. They are returning all but one starter on BOTH sides of the ball. Add some talent in the draft and you have a tough team to face. If you would like to continue this conversation then I would suggest that you get your head out of the Bucs schedule/results page and start finding real reasons you have decided to be a hater.

hilarious...after an injury plagued season, just about everyone writes the Eagles off...

even though, it's a known fact they are probably the most hated team on this board and everyone cannot wait to say the rest of the division got better...

the reality

1. eagles/giants

2. eagles/giants

3. cowboys

4. redskins

giants are good...but Toomer has lost a step, Burress disappears in big games and Shockey had his 1st non-injury plagued season

dallas...ehh no OL and Beldsoe is another year older...plus they lost glover etc.

skins...over-did it again...

hilarious...after an injury plagued season, just about everyone writes the Eagles off...

even though, it's a known fact they are probably the most hated team on this board and everyone cannot wait to say the rest of the division got better...

the reality

1. eagles/giants

2. eagles/giants

3. cowboys

4. redskins

giants are good...but Toomer has lost a step, Burress disappears in big games and Shockey had his 1st non-injury plagued season

dallas...ehh no OL and Beldsoe is another year older...plus they lost glover etc.

skins...over-did it again...

1439114[/snapback]

Dallas' O-line was'nt as bad as alot of people think until Adams got hurt.They should be better this season with Fabini and Rivera should be better this year also.Bledsoe is a year older but just got handed one of the best wr in the game.I agree that the 'skins over did it again and will disappoint this season.The Giants I think will be tough to beat again this year with Eli getting another season under his belt last year,and a few nice(IMO) FA signings. The division did get better,the Eagles have done nothing so far this off-season.I mean,Jabar Gaffney..... :D

I think the NFC North is still very up for grabs.

Bears have an amazing D, but who knows which Offense will show up.

Vikes are pretty much a mystery until the season gets under way.

Lions always seem to look good on paper, but never quite live up to their potential... still you never know.

Packers have Favre another year.  He can still make things happen.

1438227[/snapback]

I agree here. Chicago at least has something that the others do not. D

The offense looked pretty pathetic at times last year. Could very well be a 9-7

division winner here.

I agree here. Chicago at least has something that the others do not.  D

division winner here.

1439212[/snapback]

I don't know how much of a turnaround they will make, but I think the Packers will do much better than last year. Maybe they'll win it 9-7. :D

You dont have to blow out your opponent to be a good team.  The Bucs are a defensive minded team that doesnt blow people out.  That being said, they were 11-5 and won their divison when most people had them picked to be last in the South.  That my friend is impressive.  Oh and they didnt get to pick their schedule so who cares.  In the NFL, any team can win on any given Sunday.  By the way bud, last year was last year.  We are talking about this year.

They have one of the youngest offenses in the NFC.  Simms, Clayton, Caddy, and Alex Smith should all mature into solid players next season.  They are returning all but one starter on BOTH sides of the ball.  Add some talent in the draft and you have a tough team to face.  If you would like to continue this conversation then I would suggest that you get your head out of the Bucs schedule/results page and start finding real reasons you have decided to be a hater.

1439096[/snapback]

Hey, they had a great year, and did what they had to do to get into the playoffs.

What I was simply pointing out (which isn't "hating", btw), was that there are reasons that people don't think they are going to win their division in '06. Well, at least reasons why I don't think they will anyway.

First and foremost, they were successful last year with a fairly soft schedule. That isn't to say that they aren't a developing squad just as you say that can come back in '06 and win 10-12 games, but the breaks won't be as easy vs. the NFC East (as opposed to the NFC North) as well as road games in December in Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Cleveland (for no other reason than the cold weather factor).

I agree here. Chicago at least has something that the others do not.  D

division winner here.

1439212[/snapback]

Nah, 10-6 at least, but it will be a three-team race (sorry Lions fans).

PantherDave you hit the nail right on the head.  The NFC East is going to be insane this year.  Each time a NFCE team plays each other it is going to be a back alley braw. 

I'm calling Cowboys to Win it by 10 games with the Redskins following right behind in dead last.

of course I'm a redskins fan so who else would I pick  :D

1437965[/snapback]

Fixed :D

I think the NFC North is still very up for grabs.

Bears have an amazing D, but who knows which Offense will show up.

Vikes are pretty much a mystery until the season gets under way.

Lions always seem to look good on paper, but never quite live up to their potential... still you never know.

Packers have Favre another year.  He can still make things happen.

1438227[/snapback]

+1

AFC E

New England

Miami

AFC N

Cinn

Pitt

AFC S

Jax

Indy

AFC W

Denver

NFC E

Wash

NYG

Dal

NFC N

Chi

Minn

NFC S

Tampa

Car

Atl

NFC W

AZ

Sea

Going to be a tough race in several divisions FMPOV. Toughest should be the NFC S and NFC E with three team races. Easiest will be AFC W with Denver wire to wire in that division.

1437931[/snapback]

Seattle is definatley winning the division. The cardinals did horrible this year like every year. I heard the same shucks last year that the cards will finish higher then us but I dont see it. They arent a good team. They just have good receivers and a RB and no QB. Sure theyre offense is gonna be better but they wont stop ours and our defense is very underrated. I see us sweeping the division again.