[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sleepers

Duchess Jack

QB

Carr or Leftwich - Carr has to bounce back, and with Kubiak at HC, I think he has the potential to move up. Houston has been serious this year at putting some more weapons around Carr (Moulds, Putzier (I think)), and with the #1 pick, maybe adding R. Bush...

RB

Chester Taylor - Mike Bennett, Onterrio Smith, Moe Williams...gone, gone, gone. May have to deal with Mewelde Moore stealing some touches, but Taylor will see more action, including Williams' role at goal line...

WR

Andre Johnson - will bounce back with Carr; injuries and poor line play really killed him (and me) last year; hoping he bounces back in a BIG way

TE

Winslow - hard to call him a sleeper, but with all the hype and controversy that has surrounded him for the past two years, he better do something

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree on Miller busting out this year, however, I'm not sure where the Ben is a "dink & dunk" passer comes from.  The Steelers don't throw a lot, but Ben led the league in yards per completion.

1438364[/snapback]

Yup, when you mention the name Ben Rothlesberger the first thing that comes to everyones mind are 50-60 yard darts catapulted downfield. :D

RB

Chester Taylor - Mike Bennett, Onterrio Smith, Moe Williams...gone, gone, gone. May have to deal with Mewelde Moore stealing some touches, but Taylor will see more action, including Williams' role at goal  line...

1438430[/snapback]

Don't those touches go to Fason?

Yup, when you mention the name Ben Rothlesberger the first thing that comes to everyones mind are 50-60 yard darts catapulted downfield.   :D

1438432[/snapback]

Shocking that Bushwacked would chime in..... :D

Can you explain how he led the league in yards per completion ? Please, I can't wait for you to drop some wisdom on me. :D

When I think of Ben Roethlsiberger, I think Winner

When I think of Bushwacked, I think :D

I predict Bushwacked's comeback to contain "referees", "offcials", "Super Bowl QB Rating", or "Next year" :D

We've got five, and you ain't got none........... :D

Edited by Menudo

When I think of Ben Roethlsiberger, I think Winner

When I think of Bushwacked, I think  :D

1438436[/snapback]

Sorry about the earlier comment, but you might not want to suggest that somebody else is a :D

you might not like the response you get.

Sorry about the earlier comment, but you might not want to suggest that somebody else is a  :D

you might not like the response you get.

1438460[/snapback]

Why am I a :D Can you cite some examples. I will admit to being a shameless homer, but I don't think I've been a :D .....perhaps I am wrong.....:D

As for Bushwacked, NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE is in the same league in the tears department since his team lost the Super Bowl.

whatever guy, I am going to leave it at that as to not hijack the thread any more.

1438468[/snapback]

That is fine, but, this seems to always be the case. I get called a crybaby, ask for examples, and get none. If you are going to make a claim, back it up.

P.S. Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings....... :D

Edited by Menudo

Completely agree on Miller busting out this year, however, I'm not sure where the Ben is a "dink & dunk" passer comes from.  The Steelers don't throw a lot, but Ben led the league in yards per completion.

1438364[/snapback]

To be fair, Ben doesn't exactly lead the league in connecting on the deep pass. He threw 22 completed passes for 25+ yards last year. That puts him in a 3 way tie for 12th place in terms of the sheer number of "big play" passers last year.

I agree that Ben isn't a dink and dunk passer. But let's not overstate his long-ball. He wasn't even in the top 20 in terms of passing yards per game. However, your point is valid: Ben did have the highest passing yards per attempt (8.90) out of any of the regular starting QBs that I saw. (You said yards per completion, which isn't exactly the same, but I couldn't find that stat).

To be fair, Ben doesn't exactly lead the league in connecting on the deep pass.  He threw 22 completed passes for 25+ yards last year.  That puts him in a 3 way tie for 12th place in terms of the sheer number of "big play" passers last year. 

I agree that Ben isn't a dink and dunk passer.  But let's not overstate his long-ball.  He wasn't even in the top 20 in terms of passing yards per game.  However, your point is valid: Ben did have the highest passing yards per attempt (8.90) out of any of the regular starting QBs that I saw.  (You said yards per completion, which isn't exactly the same, but I couldn't find that stat).

1438480[/snapback]

Well said.

I wasn't trying to say that he threw the best deep ball in the league by any means. Just stating that he is definitely not a 'dink and dunk' passer, reflected by his leading the league in yards per completion. Remember though, if you are going to take credit away from him, due to how little he throws, you must also keep that in mind when looking at how many 25+ yarders he threw. He probably had far less attempts.

That is fine, but, this seems to always be the case.  I get called a crybaby, ask for examples, and get none.  If you are going to make a claim, back it up.

P.S.  Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings....... :D

1438471[/snapback]

Didn't think so......... :D:D

Duchess, do you think Ben is gonna be a good fantasy quarterback? Would you have him start on your team?

1438490[/snapback]

I am in a new dynasty league this year and I'd definately take a flier on him.

In a redraft or less keeper league (3 or less) not so much.

I'll stand by Carter until he retires, so, I'll throw KRob in the mix at WR.

1438489[/snapback]

Stand by Carter at your own peril. KRob is a more interesting prospect, IMO. But I'd like to see who the Vikings draft (if it affects the QB and WR situation) and see KRob make it to at least the beginning of preseason without any off-field problems before I consider him more seriously.

But he did flash some talent last year, and could add some extra frosting on the cake for those in leagues awarding individual points for PR/KR duties.

I'll stand by Carter until he retires, so, I'll throw KRob in the mix at WR.

1438489[/snapback]

If it means anything to you PantherDave, Drew Carter is awesome in Madden. I draft him the last round of every fantasy draft I have.

Menudo, do you think Ben is gonna be a good fantasy quarterback? Would you have him start on your team?

1438490[/snapback]

No, he is never going to be a great fantasy QB. He is in a running system. Cowher tried to change that in 2003, when the Steelers abandoned the running game, and it resulted in record passing numbers, but a 6-10 record. He will never go there again. Ben will continue to get better each year from a fantasy perspective, as the coaches begin to trust him more with the offense (you could see some of this in the playoffs), but, the Steelers will never pass enough to make him a top-notch fantasy QB.

As for starting him on my team, no. I think he makes a safe backup, because you know what you are going to get, but, he is not starter material in most leagues.

Edited by Menudo

No, he is never going to be a great fantasy QB.  He is in a running system.  Cowher tried to change that in 2003, when the Steelers abandoned the running game, and it resulted in record passing numbers, but a 6-10 record.  He will never go there again.  Ben will continue to get better each year from a fantasy perspective, as the coaches begin to trust him more with the offense (you could see some of this in the playoffs), but, the Steelers will never pass enough to make him a top-notch fantasy QB.

As for starting him on my team, no.  I think he makes a safe backup, because you know what you are going to get, but, he is not starter material in most leagues.

1438506[/snapback]

Sounds good, I definitely agree.

If it means anything to you PantherDave, Drew Carter is awesome in Madden. I draft him the last round of every fantasy draft I have.

1438503[/snapback]

This is what I see-Smitty and DC stretching the feild....DB's are :D , then you get Key over the middle or Foster on a draw or screen. If Henning gameplans right, the Panthers will be hard to stop, as they went from one dimensional to multi-deminsonal before the draft....Fox and Hurney :D

This is what I see-Smitty and DC stretching the feild....DB's are :D , then you get Key over the middle or Foster on a draw or screen. If Henning gameplans right, the Panthers will be hard to stop, as they went from one dimensional to multi-deminsonal before the draft....Fox and Hurney :D

1438511[/snapback]

Should the non-Panther fans even bother watching this year ? :D

People may back off of A. Gates as a TE/WR flex (in non-TE mandatory leagues) because Brees is gone.  But I expect Rivers to lean on him heavily.

1438380[/snapback]

exactly....Brees wasn't very productive until Gates flourished and gave him a big target over the middle as a safety valve...then everything else opened up...

I think Rivers has more talent and a higher ceiling...so all he has to do is throw some accurate passes to Gates and teams will have to respect it....even though they will likely double Gates anyways...