[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sleepers

Duchess Jack

It's still football aint it!!!!!! darnn Skippy you should watch.....you trying to start something with me today Bub? :D

1438516[/snapback]

Maybe :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stand by Carter at your own peril.  KRob is a more interesting prospect, IMO.  But I'd like to see who the Vikings draft (if it affects the QB and WR situation) and see KRob make it to at least the beginning of preseason without any off-field problems before I consider him more seriously. 

But he did flash some talent last year, and could add some extra frosting on the cake for those in leagues awarding individual points for PR/KR duties.

1438499[/snapback]

I'm on the DCarter sleeper bandwagon as well...

he's tall, have pretty good hands and has amazing speed.....all he has to do is learn the offense....

if he takes the slot over Colbert...he could be good....if someone ahead of him gets hurt :D ...I think he could potentially flourish....

exactly....Brees wasn't very productive until Gates flourished and gave him a big target over the middle as a safety valve...then everything else opened up...

I think Rivers has more talent and a higher ceiling...so all he has to do is throw some accurate passes to Gates and teams will have to respect it....even though they will likely double Gates anyways...

1438517[/snapback]

+1

To turn things around... I would like to add....

Michael Clayton....

he'll likely go under the radar after last year

1438473[/snapback]

Good call on Clayton...he and Andre Johnson have to be two of the biggest disappointments at WR last year.

To be fair, Ben doesn't exactly lead the league in connecting on the deep pass.  He threw 22 completed passes for 25+ yards last year.  That puts him in a 3 way tie for 12th place in terms of the sheer number of "big play" passers last year. 

I agree that Ben isn't a dink and dunk passer.  But let's not overstate his long-ball.  He wasn't even in the top 20 in terms of passing yards per game.  However, your point is valid: Ben did have the highest passing yards per attempt (8.90) out of any of the regular starting QBs that I saw.  (You said yards per completion, which isn't exactly the same, but I couldn't find that stat).

1438480[/snapback]

Wouldn't this indicate that Big Ben is a dink and dunk passer and that his recievers picked up a lot of yards after the catch.

QB - Grossman

RB - Greg Jones

WR - K Robinson

TE - Veron Davis - wherever he goes he will be a beast

ps - not knocking Roethlisberger just bringing up a point for consideration.

edit to spell Roethlisberger correctly

Edited by wcd480

Wouldn't this indicate that Big Ben is a dink and dunk passer and that his recievers picked up a lot of yards after the catch. 

1438829[/snapback]

Ah-so, yung grasshoppa. You are wise to pose such a question.

However, you may be surprised to learn that, when looking at QBs whose total passing yardage was actually attributable to YAC earned by their receiving targets, Ben wasn't even in the top 20:

1 Tom Brady NE 1904

2 Trent Green KC 1793

3 Brett Favre GB 1776

4 Jake Delhomme Car 1692

5 Jake Plummer Den 1568

6 Drew Brees SD 1548

7 Eli Manning NYG 1522

8 Mark Brunell Was 1503

9 Steve McNair Ten 1499

10 Peyton Manning Ind 1438

11 Drew Bledsoe Dal 1419

12 Carson Palmer Cin 1408

13 Kerry Collins Oak 1360

14 Gus Frerotte Mia 1331

15 Donovan McNabb Phi 1226

16 Matt Hasselbeck Sea 1203

17 Kurt Warner Ari 1144

18 Aaron Brooks NO 1135

19 Trent Dilfer Cle 1131

20 David Carr Hou 1104

ETA: I couldn't find stats that demonstrated average YAC per completion, or anything that specific. That'd really be a more accurate measure, but apparantly no one is has been anal-retentive enough to compile such data.

Edited by yo mama

Ah-so, yung grasshoppa.  You are wise to pose such a question. 

However, you may be surprised to learn that, when looking for QBs whose passing yardage was actually attributable to YAC earned by their receiving targets, Ben wasn't even in the top 20:

1 Tom Brady NE 1904

2 Trent Green KC 1793

3 Brett Favre GB 1776

4 Jake Delhomme Car 1692

5 Jake Plummer Den 1568

6 Drew Brees SD 1548

7 Eli Manning NYG 1522

8 Mark Brunell Was 1503

9 Steve McNair Ten 1499

10 Peyton Manning Ind 1438

11 Drew Bledsoe Dal 1419

12 Carson Palmer Cin 1408

13 Kerry Collins Oak 1360

14 Gus Frerotte Mia 1331

15 Donovan McNabb Phi 1226

16 Matt Hasselbeck Sea 1203

17 Kurt Warner Ari 1144

18 Aaron Brooks NO 1135

19 Trent Dilfer Cle 1131

20 David Carr Hou 1104

1438847[/snapback]

Notice MV kool-aid drinkers.....no VICK

McCown will probably start the year on the bench behind Kitna.  I assume you don't see Kitna as the answer.  I actually think Kitna will be servicable.  Not a pro bowler but good for 20+ td's if he gets decent protection.

1438354[/snapback]

The only answer in Detroit at QB is Unitas.

I like Kitna but feel that McCown will be a sleeper pick, thus my pick. I like the guy at QB and think he will win the starting job. No inside info just a hunch.