[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has the balance of power shifted?

PantherDave

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

only NFC east teams worthy are Philly and NYG...

Skins over-did it...again...Dallas still doesn't scare me...the OL hasn't gotten better and the DL got worse by letting Glover go...

they need another safety and a LB to replace Nguyen

1438777[/snapback]

Since it obviously isn't getting through, despite our many attempts.....

:D The Eagles window closed two years ago !!!! Philadelphia doesn't win

championships. If you want to see a parade, travel to the other side

of the state next February. :D

:D The Eagles window closed two years ago !!!!  Philadelphia doesn't win

championships.  If you want to see a parade, travel to the other side

of the state next February.    :D

1438782[/snapback]

...no way jose..

:D The Eagles window closed two years ago !!!!  Philadelphia doesn't win

championships.  If you want to see a parade, travel to the other side

of the state next February.    :D

1438782[/snapback]

I agree. The Eagles had their chance at the Superbowl and I believe the window of opportunity has closed for them. Kind of makes you wonder about the Colts though, seems like they should have won it the last two years... is their window closing? :D

I agree. The Eagles had their chance at the Superbowl and I believe the window of opportunity has closed for them. Kind of makes you wonder about the Colts though, seems like they should have won it the last two years... is their window closing?  :D

1438789[/snapback]

everybody's window is closing...

the Patriots window is shut too!

only NFC east teams worthy are Philly and NYG...

Skins over-did it...again...Dallas still doesn't scare me...the OL hasn't gotten better and the DL got worse by letting Glover go...

they need another safety and a LB to replace Nguyen

1438777[/snapback]

Did they scare you last year :D With regard to the O-line that added Fabini and Kosier at tackle in free agency to battle for the position opposite Flozell Adams, at guard they have four guys with 4 years or less experience to battle for the possition oppositer Rivera. They have made some strides at improving it. The loss of Glover really isn't a loss because he didn't fit the 3-4 scheme. Ferguson can hadle it with second year Thomas Johnson spelling him, plus I can see them spending a late round pick on this position.

Who is McNabb going to throw to? About the only guy that can catch on the whole team is Westbrook, and most 3-4 defenses haven't had much of a problem containing him.

Interesting, you still think "quite a bit", the AFC only won the AFC vs NFC match-ups last season by 3 games, to me, that is not a dominating advantage, and the NFC heavy's have gotten better, as the AFC heavy's-don't think so.

1438712[/snapback]

I think quite a bit because there are so many more "strong" teams in the AFC compared to the NFC. Plus the NFC teams don't seem to be the same at the top from year to year.

Now this in no particular order but here we go

Pitt-Seattle

Denver-Carolina

NE-Chicago

Cinncy-NYG

Indy-Wash

Jax-TB

KC-Dallas

Miami-Minn

Now let's finish the divisions outside these heavy's(PO teams and almost teams)

AFCE-Buff(no) NYJ(no) NFCE-Philly(?)>three teams in heavy's NFC wins this column

AFCW-SD(?) Oak(no) NFCW-Ariz(no) StL(?) SF(no)> AFC wins this column

AFCN-Balt(no) Clev(no) NFCN-GB(no) Det(no)>call this a tie

AFCS-Hou(no) Tenn(no) NFCS-Atl(?) NO(no)>NFC wins this one

Key-(no)=no PO app in 2006, (?)=possible PO app in 2006

It looks pretty close to me, and with just a 3 game advantage in the head to head match-ups last year in favor of the AFC...sorry but I just don't see the "quite a bit".

Edited by PantherDave

I dunno...lol before-hand I would have bet the Steelers..

but it seemed like the refs called the game one-sided

1438702[/snapback]

The Steelers dominanted and it was the best officiated NFL game of all time. I thought that Big Ben may just dink and dunk his way to victory, but rest assured that he is the most feared deep passer in the NFL. :D

The Steelers dominanted and it was the best officiated NFL game of all time.  I thought that Big Ben may just dink and dunk his way to victory, but rest assured that he is the most feared deep passer in the NFL.    :D

1438958[/snapback]

:D:D

It's been almost 3 months and the Huddle's biggest :D is still sobbing. :D

We've got five and you ain't got none !!!!! :D

Edited by Menudo

The Steelers dominanted and it was the best officiated NFL game of all time.  I thought that Big Ben may just dink and dunk his way to victory, but rest assured that he is the most feared deep passer in the NFL.    :D

1438958[/snapback]

The refs definitely went balls deep with something.  :D

1439005[/snapback]

No deeper than Menudo would.

1439055[/snapback]

How incredibly original......... ::D

and I don't think Seattle is the best NFC team...

1438689[/snapback]

Then who the hell is? We dominated the playoffs. No way you can say something like that until this season if someone is actually better but right now we own the NFC.

Then who the hell is? We dominated the playoffs. No way you can say something like that until this season if someone is actually better but right now we own the NFC.

1439466[/snapback]

Because Carolina signed Keyshawn and the Seahawks lost Hutch....but you do have a decent point. Free agency isn't over yet and the draft hasn't started. Seattle hasn't done to bad of a job themselves in the free agent market. Maybe they got lucky with all the guys they got last year, but I'll take Ruskell almost above anyone scouting talent right now. Drafting Chris Gray may be key next year and media outlets blasted the Hawks for "reaching" for Tatupu in the 2nd round last year.

Open that a liiitttle bit more....time for Big Ben not Bill Leavy....ahhhh, that's better.

1439249[/snapback]

I really don't know how you didn't get voted 'funniest huddler'.....you've got it all, the wit, the originality, the timing............... ::D

well, the NFC did win the 2006 Pro Bowl, so I 'd say the tide has turned. :D

It's way to early to tell for this year. We heard about this AFC thing all last season and until we see otherwise, who knows. I am not sure I believe it. It is only about who is wininng the the SB. The player stats for the two leagues as far as rushing and passing are similar and both teams had the same number of teams below .500. Even the Pro Bowl rosters have equal caliber players if you think one has more "superstars". I looked thinking I was going to prove a point about the AFC and it just doesn't pan out...except for who wins the SB. Until the NFC gets back to winning SBs, that will be what you hear.