[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now Driver wants out of Green Bay

Big Score 1

ESPN commentators reported this was a promise made a couple of years ago, so yes, it had to have been made by Sherman.

However, in todays NFL, Coaching & Front Office turnover is not unusual. The fact of the matter is, a promise was made by the organization and unfortunately the individual making the promise is irrelevant.

Especially to a stand up player like Driver.

1440829[/snapback]

Walker said that too but in a story today in Denver he contradicted himself. It was probably all BS for more money.

On Wednesday, however, Walker said Favre wasn’t why he soured on Green Bay: “I would play with Favre if he went to another team. The thing I liked about him was he gave me a chance to make plays.”

Walker’s bigger problem was with Thompson, the Packers’ general manager, who refused to renegotiate his contract because he had two years left on the deal.

“I said, ‘Let’s just talk about it,”’ Walker said. “It was just a flat-out, disrespectful ‘No.”’

Edited by Randall

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now why in the Sam Hill didn't they do that with Walker? :D  :D

1463360[/snapback]

They would have if he had put up 2-3 good years, but he got hurt and then never forgave them.

He went about getting a raise the wrong way. They pay players they want to keep, just not as fast as Walker wanted.

He11 even Big John left and he liked it there! :D

1463344[/snapback]

:D

A lot of people like it there.

Green Bay's a very nice small city. It can't compete with large cities in many ways, but is a better place to live in many ways too. Eugene Oregon is a similar size and like GB in many ways.

Neither can compete with Dallas or Atlanta for certain jobs.

They would have if he had put up 2-3 good years, but he got hurt and then never forgave them.

He went about getting a raise the wrong way. They pay players they want to keep, just not as fast as Walker wanted.

1463380[/snapback]

That's Baloney Randall.

Driver got a nice fat raise immediatley after his one good season...and it was nowhere near as good as Walker's one good season.

Walker’s bigger problem was with Thompson, the Packers’ general manager, who refused to renegotiate his contract because he had two years left on the deal.

“I said, ‘Let’s just talk about it,”’ Walker said. “It was just a flat-out, disrespectful ‘No.”

Link

The Packers haven’t typically extended contracts of players with more than one year remaining, so it’s unclear why they did so with Driver, 31
Link

That's Baloney Randall.

Driver got a nice fat raise immediatley after his one good season...and it was nowhere near as good as Walker's one good season.

1463420[/snapback]

Driver has had 2 1200 yard seasons in a row.

Walker 2004 1382 12 TD's

Driver 2004 1208 9 TD's

2005 1221 5 TD''s.

:DWalker's saying his second surgery was to check on the heaing of the first. How many doctors cut to look at healing" His agent says it was clean up the wound. QWho is spinning here?

2 weeks ago he said he was offered a contract but TT renegged, but today contradicted himself. Didn't he say last year he came in because TT offered to re-work his deal?

"On Wednesday, however, Walker said Favre wasn’t why he soured on Green Bay: “I would play with Favre if he went to another team. The thing I liked about him was he gave me a chance to make plays.”

“I said, ‘Let’s just talk about it,”’ Walker said. “It was just a flat-out, disrespectful ‘No.”’

Where's the offer to re-work the deal?.

"Is this guy damaged goods?

"No," Walker said. "That (second surgery) was just to check and see if everything was healing correctly. Obviously, Denver wouldn't have given up a second-round pick without knowing that teams of medical doctors from each and every team knew that I would be ready for training camp."

After blowing out his knee in Green Bay's season opener at Detroit, Walker had reconstructive surgery in early October. Another minor procedure was performed on his knee last month, but subsequent exams left the Broncos' medical team satisfied Walker would be near full recovery when training camp opens in late July.

"They just went in there and did a little clean-up," Walker's agent, Kennard Mc- Guire, said of the second knee surgery. "(The Broncos' doctors) passed him, so there's no problem at all."

Edited by Randall

Driver has had 2 1200 yard seasons in a row.

1463492[/snapback]

:doah: :D

Randall,

You need to pay better attention.

I said "Driver got a nice fat raise immediatley after his one good season".

Driver, Donald Year Team Base Salary   Sign Bonus    Other Bonus   Total Salary  2004 Packers  $ 570,000  $ 0           $ 1,100      $ 571,100      2003 Packers  $ 530,000  $ 1,000,000   $ 1,900      $ 1,531,900  2002 Packers  $ 513,000  $ 4,000,000   $ 2,160      $ 4,515,160  2001 Packers  $ 389,000  $ 0           $4,400       $ 404,066   2000 Packers  $ 275,000  $ 10,700      $ 5,000      $ 290,700   

Driver got his first raise on his first good season in 2002.

:doah:  :D

Randall,

You need to pay better attention.

I said "Driver got a nice fat raise immediatley after his one good season".

Driver, Donald 

1463545[/snapback]

Drivers contract ran out and he got a raise after having a good year. If Walker hadn't :D he would have too. Give it a rest. Walker's a BS'er.

This entire thread is about Driver wanting out of GB, but it was put out as BS by Walker and his agent to get more money. I should trade him off my fantasy roster as he makes me sick.

Drivers contract ran out and he got a raise after having a good year.

1463876[/snapback]

Randall if you don't know what you're talking about, the best idea would be for you to not say anything.

Driver's contract had not run out when Green Bay inked him to a new deal in 2002. To be honest, at the time many people in the biz thought it a very risky move.

One scout said retaining Driver at "market price is a calculated risk," because he has been a clutch receiver for only five games and there are concerns that he might not last because of his size.

Driver hadn't even had ONE good season when he got his new contract.

You're the one going on & on ad nauseum about how Walker needed to have more than one good year before the Pack would pay him. I've also heard how it's the Packer's policy not to renegotiate contracts with more than a year left.

It's not my fault that none of that is true, so don't shoot the messanger. :D

Randall if you don't know what you're talking about, the best idea would be for you to not say anything.

Driver's contract had not run out when Green Bay inked him to a new deal in 2002. To be honest, at the time many people in the biz thought it a very risky move.

Driver hadn't even had ONE good season when he got his new contract.

You're the one going on & on ad nauseum about how Walker needed to have more than one good year before the Pack would pay him. I've also heard how it's the Packer's policy not to renegotiate contracts with more than a year left.

It's not my fault that none of that is true, so don't shoot the messanger. :D

1463900[/snapback]

Your whole thread was bull generated by WALKER'S AGENT. Give it a rest.

Your whole thread was bull generated by WALKER'S AGENT. Give it a rest.

1463994[/snapback]

While it's true that the threads initial premise has indeed turned out to be false, the fact that it has now taken an interesting twist is intriguing.

Driver, while still under contract, gets a nice new fat contract after only 5 clutch games in season.

Walker has a better season by far, but has ask for a raise using the only leverage available to him.

The Packer's give him the spiel of how they don't renegotiate contracts with more than one year remaining, so tail firmly between his legs, he comes back into camp.

Now we see Driver getting his contract renegotiated with multiple years remaining.

I know you're a Packer fan & dislike Walker, but surely even you can see the paradox here?

Instead of getting upset about it Randall, at least acknowledge that it's a fascinating turn of events.

PS

It's only rumors that it was Walker's people who leaked the info to Smith ans that rumor has not been confirmed anywhere that I'm aware of.

Another rumor is that Smith took a published story from Dec 2005 and ad libbed a bit, to stir the pot. It's all about the ratings baby and journalistic liberties juice 'em.

While it's true that the threads initial premise has indeed turned out to be false, the fact that it has now taken an interesting twist is intriguing.

Driver, while still under contract, gets a nice new fat contract after only 5 clutch games in season.

Walker has a better season by far, but has ask for a raise using the only leverage available to him.

1464042[/snapback]

:D Yeah he was forced to lie about them offering to redo his contract and then send out a false leak that Driver also wanted out. If they didn't leak info that Driver wanted out who did?

I didn't dislike Walker until yesterday. I have him on a fantasy team and actually wished him well. I disliked how he acted and now using Driver to try and get more money reminds me of TO. LEAVE OTHER PLAYERS OUT OF IT. Take your money and just shut up already. :D

Driver only had 5 clutch games? He had 5 games over 100 yds, 1 at 92, 1 at 84, 1 at 76 on a team that lost almost al weapons late in the year. OK. You are entitled to your opinion.

Please let this thread die. I'm not bumping it up anymore.

Driver only had 5 clutch games?

1464122[/snapback]

In the same sentence where I refered to only 5 clutch games I also said his raise happened in season.

From that, I assumed you would understand I was referring to his 2002 season.

Sorry for not being more clear :D

The Packer's give him the spiel of how they don't renegotiate contracts with more than one year remaining, so tail firmly between his legs, he comes back into camp.

Now we see Driver getting his contract renegotiated with multiple years remaining.

I know you're a Packer fan & dislike Walker, but surely even you can see the paradox here?

Instead of getting upset about it Randall, at least acknowledge that it's a fascinating turn of events.

PS

It's only rumors that it was Walker's people who leaked the info to Smith ans that rumor has not been confirmed anywhere that I'm aware of.

Another rumor is that Smith took a published story from Dec 2005 and ad libbed a bit, to stir the pot. It's all about the ratings baby and journalistic liberties juice 'em.

1464042[/snapback]

Let me chime in here...

Two BIG elements that seem to be lost here:

1. Driver's extension came before Ted Thompson became GM. Different GMs, different styles.

The main difference, though...

2. Driver wasn't asking for NEARLY the same amount of money Walker was. Look at the deal Walker got in Denver. Now add lots more guaranteed money to it. THAT'S what Walker wanted last year and, when you're asking for THAT kind of dough, you can expect the GM to say, "Let me see you do it one more time."

End of story.

Driver wasn't asking for NEARLY the same amount of money Walker was. Look at the deal Walker got in Denver. Now add lots more guaranteed money to it. THAT'S what Walker wanted last year and, when you're asking for THAT kind of dough, you can expect the GM to say, "Let me see you do it one more time."

End of story.

1465427[/snapback]

Of course that's Green Bays GM saying that.

Seems to me a other GM's didn't feel the need to have Walker "do it one more time" considering all the teams that were pursuing him and the eventual contract he signed.

I've also noticed that on many boards, a large majority of posters who are not Packer fans, are confused by the obvious double standards Green Bay is clearly exhibiting.

Whereas the majority of posters who steadfastedly defend green bays actions are Packer fans.

I wonder if there's a slight bias here? :D

Of course that's Green Bays GM saying that.

Seems to me a other GM's didn't feel the need to have Walker "do it one more time" considering all the teams that were pursuing him and the eventual contract he signed.

I've also noticed that on many boards, a large majority of posters who are not Packer fans, are confused by the obvious double standards Green Bay is clearly exhibiting.

Whereas the majority of posters who steadfastedly defend green bays actions are Packer fans.

I wonder if there's a slight bias here? :D

1465535[/snapback]

No, there's no bias. I said all along that they should have given Walker his money. That doesn't mean there's a "double standard."

You just shouldn't be comparing Driver to Walker. The amounts of money are waaay different and it was two different GMs. So what's the point?

1463380[/snapback]

ya know...i'm sure if they came to him and said, "we feel really crappy that you tore your ACL playing out your chitty contract at ridiculously less than market value, we're going to extend you anyway", and then they offered him the contract extension that denver offered him, then walker would still be a packer. but they didnt. it was clear they weren't going to extend his contract this offseason either, this time with the excuse that he's coming off injury. hence the "trade me or i'm done" demands from walker. if that's tough guy thompson wants to keep this up, they'll lose every potentially great young player to come through their system. but, lucky for you pack fans, i have to think thompson is smart enough to realize he screwed up big time handling the walker situation in hindsight, and to learn from it. the new driver deal might be an indication of that.