[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Williams to be an Astronaut

Big Score 1

CFL | Argonauts interested in R. Williams

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:25:20 -0700

Perry Lefko, of the Toronto Sun, reports the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL added Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams to their negotitation list Wednesday, April 26, a day after he was suspended for the 2006 NFL season for violating the league's substance abuse policy for a fourth time. All CFL teams have 35-player negotiation lists, which allows them to deal exclusively with players, even if they are under suspension.

He's gotta pay, so I'll guess he plays.

I would think he would want to play for Vancouver, what with his interest in pot and everything. It would be a way for him to stick it to the commissioner/NFL organization some too. I actually wrote to someone in Vancouver's organization (don't even remember the team name now) during Ricky's last suspension advising them to look into the possibility of trying to sign Williams. I think he would tear up the CFL.

Edited by Crazysight

I would think he would want to play for Vancouver, what with his interest in pot and everything.  It would be a way for him to stick it to the commissioner/NFL organization some too.  I actually wrote to someone in Vancouver's organization (don't even remember the team name now) during Ricky's last suspension advising them to look into the possibility of trying to sign Williams.  I think he would tear up the CFL.

1440805[/snapback]

BC Lions

also:

Edmonton Eskimos

Calgary Stampeders

Saskatchewan Roughriders

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Toronto Argonauts

Hamilton Tigercats

Montreal Alouettes

Ottawa Renegades not operating in 2006.

Edited by Whiskey Pimp

Maybe not. Boy the NFL sure is a biitch: "Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports under the league's substance-abuse policy, Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams is not allowed to enter the team facility except to meet with a treating clinician. After the appointment is over, he must leave immediately. Furthermore, Williams is not allowed to play in any other professional football leagues, the Dolphins confirmed."

Maybe not.  Boy the NFL sure is a biitch: "Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports under the league's substance-abuse policy, Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams is not allowed to enter the team facility except to meet with a treating clinician. After the appointment is over, he must leave immediately. Furthermore, Williams is not allowed to play in any other professional football leagues, the Dolphins confirmed."

1441105[/snapback]

It's another country. How can they stop him? Unless violating that clause would mean a lifetime ban from the NFL. At this point do you think he cares? If he can be the star of the CFL, make some nice coin, and smoke all the pot he wants....well?

Maybe not.  Boy the NFL sure is a biitch: "Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports under the league's substance-abuse policy, Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams is not allowed to enter the team facility except to meet with a treating clinician. After the appointment is over, he must leave immediately. Furthermore, Williams is not allowed to play in any other professional football leagues, the Dolphins confirmed."

1441105[/snapback]

That's not correct according to this article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2424348

It's another country. How can they stop him? Unless violating that clause would mean a lifetime ban from the NFL. At this point do you think he cares? If he can be the star of the CFL, make some nice coin, and smoke all the pot he wants....well?

1441128[/snapback]

This doesn't really happen up here.