[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft

pedroz13

I consider myself a pretty big sports fan, like I'm sure most of the people here at thehuddle are as well. Why do we all care so much more about the draft than even the NBA and NHL playoffs? The NFL must be doing something right. It seems like 50% of the coverage on ESPN for the past 5 weeks has been about the draft.

--Mel Kiper needs to get some sleep, he doesn't look healthy. Anyone else think he's in the Mafia?

--Why does Sean Salisbury like every single player and coach? He thinks every single 1st round prospect is going to be a huge star for various reasons. He's a hugh kiss hindquarter (besides him sparring with John Clayton).

-- On the opposite end, Merrill Hodge HATES some players more than he should. Well, maybe HATE is a strong word, but he's very anti Vince Young for instance. I hope it bites him in the hindquarter and in a few years everyone can laugh at him.

Kiper needs to thin out the mop on his head.

1442339[/snapback]

Kiper should never cut the mop on his head, the hair is an icon by itself. He's known partly for the hairdo. Besides, the fellas and I love to rag on it in between picks if there's nothing better to do.

To answer the topic question, I love sports but no other sport comes close to the NFL. I just love the game, therefore enjoy every aspect of it. It's become an all year round thing.

-- On the opposite end, Merrill Hodge HATES some players more than he should.  Well, maybe HATE is a strong word, but he's very anti Vince Young for instance.  I hope it bites him in the hindquarter and in a few years everyone can laugh at him.

1442296[/snapback]

Because Vince is a better running back than he was, plus Vince can throw the ball. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Because Vince is a better running back than he was, plus Vince can throw the ball.  Jealousy is an ugly thing.

1442413[/snapback]

Whats great is Hodge also said on NFL Live that the whole idea of Houston giving serious thought to taking Mario over Bush was BS. I love when he looks the fool.

Whats great is Hodge also said on NFL Live that the whole idea of Houston giving serious thought to taking Mario over Bush was BS.  I love when he looks the fool.

1443010[/snapback]

I guess being from Detroit -we have the top seeds in the NFL and NBA while our NFL team is run by Matt Millen- I have a different perspective.

You know though it's really early in the playoffs and the NFL hasn't done much lately.

The draft itself, let's face it, is pretty boring. You wait forever between picks, it's all speculation. But it'll be nice to tune in duing commercials and when anticipation kicks in towards the end of the when time will expire to see how things go.

Obviously I'll be paying more lot of attention at certeain parts... when Detroit is on the clock. Since I have Dominick Rhodes in my dynasty leagues (so far so good) I'll be really paying attention to that pick, hoping the RBs are selected often ahead of Indy.

Really tough, I'd be following the Wings/Pistons more in their games.

The draft itself, let's face it, is pretty boring. You wait forever between picks, it's all speculation. But it'll be nice to tune in duing commercials and when anticipation kicks in towards the end of the when time will expire to see how things go.

Obviously I'll be paying more lot of attention at certeain parts... when Detroit is on the clock. Since I have Dominick Rhodes in my dynasty leagues (so far so good) I'll be really paying attention to that pick, hoping the RBs are selected often ahead of Indy.

1443100[/snapback]

Agreed. The way to go is to tape it and watch later on. You don't have to listen to 14 minutes of Kiper's spaz comments in between the picks but you still get to watch it and see whatever reactions/commentary you like. Thats my plan anyways....

Guage this if you will, it was either last year or the year prior, an NFL pre-season game drew better ratings than a baseball PO series game-that ladies and gents say's it all about the gap between the NFL and the rest of the Pro leagues. The NFL is a national draw, where as baseball/hockey/nba may be more local and regional.

I like sports... but mainly football.

So all my sports attention is always prioritized to football. No matter what is happening in any other sports...

:D

1442310[/snapback]

Same here. In used to start following each of the other sports as the seemingly endless regular series came to a close (since watching the regular season of any sport with 80+ games and/or 66% of the teams make the playoffs is pointless), but between those sports strikes, slam dunk centered games and the NFL being available all year via the internet, NFL Radio on Sirius and NFL Network I have pretty much totally abandoned them. Which is a shame, really, as I was a pretty big Knick, Ranger and Yankees fan in the day.

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

I consider myself a pretty big sports fan, like I'm sure most of the people here at thehuddle are as well.  Why do we all care so much more about the draft than even the NBA and NHL playoffs? 

1442296[/snapback]

I don't think that's necessarily the case... but certainly could be for those that are still actively posting on the Huddle during this time of year. I'll take the playoffs.

Edited by LegFuJohnson

NFL NFL and the NFL.

The only sport that has the whole package.  Watch a team worst to first every yr.  Vs. the others you can predict the playoffs and the winners of all.  But in NFL that is not the case.

1443206[/snapback]

Cause everyone had the White Sox vs Astros picked correctly.

Cause everyone had the White Sox vs Astros picked correctly.

1443399[/snapback]

NO, but how many times have the Braves, Yankees and Red Sox made the post season the last 10 years?

Baseball has a few wild card teams, but htere are a group of 5-6 that are ALWAYS in contention at season's end.

NO, but how many times have the Braves, Yankees and Red Sox made the post season the last 10 years?

1443440[/snapback]

Quite a few. There have also been 6 different champions in the last six years. But I was just responding to someone that made it sound like the champions are always predictable. Obviously, they are not.