[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Look out!

Crazysight

I think Dave Thomas was the founder of Wendy' restaraunt chains.

1444398[/snapback]

:D 's love the Wendy's classic single with cheese -- and applaud the Patriots' picks on Day 1 ... The RB/WR combo help immmediately, here's betting they know what they're doing with Thomas -- and can address the D on Day 2. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, going from the best kicker in the league to a guy who wasn't good enough to be in the league won't have a negative effect....  :D

1444189[/snapback]

It will, but lets keep this in perspective: he's a kicker.

And it wasn't that Grammatica wasn't good enough to be in the league, he was simply out from a previous injury.

That said, the Pats could and probably will still take a good prospect kicker at some point in the remainder of the draft (they have a ton of picks left).

It will, but lets keep this in perspective: he's a kicker.

And it wasn't that Grammatica wasn't good enough to be in the league, he was simply out from a previous injury. 

That said, the Pats could and probably will still take a good prospect kicker at some point in the remainder of the draft (they have a ton of picks left).

1444645[/snapback]

Enter-Wrong Jr. he was cut because he kept missing FG's.

Don't forget they re-signed Troy Brown.  Maybe he can move to corner full time.  :D  How old is Brown anyway seems like he's been in league forever.

1444391[/snapback]

Don't worry, they'll resign Ty Law. Then you can have the pleasure of seeing that "old" corner opposite Asante Samuel whenever your team plays the Pats.

Enter-Wrong Jr. he was cut because he kept missing FG's.

1444646[/snapback]

No actually he kept missing field goals because he was injured. Which is also why he was out last year, even though he was fully recovered at that point: Andy Hart, of Patriots Weekly, reports New England Patriots K Martin Gramatica (abdominal) is fully recovered from an abdominal injury that contributed to a poor 2003 season, his last in the NFL. "I feel 100 percent now. I'm very confident right now. I just feel great," Gramatica said. He also feels that the cold and unpredictable weather of Foxboro Stadium will not be a problem having played college ball at Kansas State as well as having braved the icy November conditions against division rivals Green Bay and Chicago during his time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

:D 's love the Wendy's classic single with cheese -- and applaud the Patriots' picks on Day 1 ... The RB/WR combo help immmediately, here's betting they know what they're doing with Thomas -- and can address the D on Day 2.  :D

1444618[/snapback]

Yeah I'm betting that they probably have some kind of a plan with such a strange-looking pick. Maybe plan to move him to guard, he seems to have the right build and mentality.

No actually he kept missing field goals because he was injured.  Which is also why he was out last year, even though he was fully recovered at that point: Andy Hart, of Patriots Weekly, reports New England Patriots K Martin Gramatica (abdominal) is fully recovered from an abdominal injury that contributed to a poor 2003 season, his last in the NFL. "I feel 100 percent now. I'm very confident right now. I just feel great," Gramatica said. He also feels that the cold and unpredictable weather of Foxboro Stadium will not be a problem having played college ball at Kansas State as well as having braved the icy November conditions against division rivals Green Bay and Chicago during his time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1444648[/snapback]

Injury or not, if they wanted him.....it's called "IR", they did'nt keep him because he was missing chipshots, not just 40yd+ FG's, he was "cut", paint it up anyway you feel obliged to, but he was "cut" because he was not putting "3" points on the board-period.

Do you think the Pats would take Polamalu straight up for him ? 

1444097[/snapback]

Do you think the Steelers would take Regie Bush for Bettis?

LOVE the Holmes pick

Injury or not, if they wanted him.....it's called "IR", they did'nt keep him because he was missing chipshots, not just 40yd+ FG's, he was "cut", paint it up anyway you feel obliged to, but he was "cut" because he was not putting "3" points on the board-period.

1444652[/snapback]

You have a point. If he was Vinatieri and under contract he would have been held onto whether he was injured or not. Despite the fact that he is not Vinatieri (which I already knew) I think he'll still be good for an 80% clip this year all the same.

im very very pleased with this draft

someone made a post a week or so ago about the patriots being interested in chad jackson...it didnt generate many replies....and i said in it...that bill has had enough drafts to build his team up front on both sides of the ball and maybe this was the draft he could look at some skill players early

i wasnt really sold on maroney...but i trust that bill and scott pioli didnt their homework and feel hes a great fit....i was in love with chad jackson before this draft and think the pats plucked the best receiver in the draft...great compliment to branch...as i said before jackson reminds me of chad johnson

then they grab two tight ends....fauria is gone and they value having 3 tight ends as they like to run two TE sets...dan graham is also an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.....

gotkowski can boom kickoffs....heres a guy that alot of people though the pats would give a look at somepoint on sunday...

love the o'callaghan and dan stevenson picks....matt light returns to hold down the LT spot and nick kazcur can move to RT with tom ashworth moving on to seattle....o'callaghan carried higher than a 5th round grade according to most projections...great depth pick....we may no longer have to deal with brandon gorin

jeremy mincey will move to OLB in the 3-4....ive been reading some scouting reports on him...seems like the perfect project for the patriots

Strengths:

Shows good quickness...A tough, hard-nosed player...Is relentless and has a motor that never stops...Very active and is always around the action...Does a solid job versus the run...Makes a lot of plays behind the line...Really penetrates.

Weaknesses:

Is not as tall as you'd like...Struggles to shed blockers...Doesn't play with great leverage...Lacks great instincts...Is not really a sack artist...Raw and needs work on developing his technique...Only played two years at the major college level.

Notes:

Transferred from Butler Country Community College...Doesn't have all the physical tools you look for but manages to get the job done...Interesting prospect who you'd maybe dismiss based on measurables but really impresses on game film.

and i really like the lekevin smith pick as well...big guy to play the nose in the 3-4...the patriots could use some depth at that spot....in case vince wilfork gets nicked up....they could also use someone who can come in and spell vince

Strengths:

An outstanding athlete...Has great speed and quickness...Stout at the point of attack and an outstanding run stuffer in the middle...Can penetrate and make plays behind the line of scrimmage...Came through with the best season of his career as a senior...Has a lot of experience as a three-year (35 game) starter.

Weaknesses:

Durability is a question and he has suffered major injuries to both knees...Has an inconsistent motor and doesn't always give maximum effort...Is a little shorter than you'd prefer...Is not much of a sack artist...Needs to get stronger...Might be a wave player...Doesn't always play up to his potential and is an underachiever.

Notes:

First name is pronounced Leh-KEE-vin...An interesting player who has all the physical tools to make it...A quality nose tackle prospect who might fit best in a 3-4 defense...Could really surprise if he can stay healthy and play hard all the time.

im very very pleased with this draft

someone made a post a week or so ago about the patriots being interested in chad jackson...it didnt generate many replies....and i said in it...that bill has had enough drafts to build his team up front on both sides of the ball and maybe this was the draft he could look at some skill players early

i wasnt really sold on maroney...but i trust that bill and scott pioli didnt their homework and feel hes a great fit....i was in love with chad jackson before this draft and think the pats plucked the best receiver in the draft...great compliment to branch...as i said before jackson reminds me of chad johnson

then they grab two tight ends....fauria is gone and they value having 3 tight ends as they like to run two TE sets...dan graham is also an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.....

gotkowski can boom kickoffs....heres a guy that alot of people though the pats would give a look at somepoint on sunday...

love the o'callaghan and dan stevenson picks....matt light returns to hold down the LT spot and nick kazcur can move to RT with tom ashworth moving on to seattle....o'callaghan carried higher than a 5th round grade according to most projections...great depth pick....we may no longer have to deal with brandon gorin

jeremy mincey will move to OLB in the 3-4....ive been reading some scouting reports on him...seems like the perfect project for the patriots

Strengths:

Shows good quickness...A tough, hard-nosed player...Is relentless and has a motor that never stops...Very active and is always around the action...Does a solid job versus the run...Makes a lot of plays behind the line...Really penetrates.

Weaknesses:

Is not as tall as you'd like...Struggles to shed blockers...Doesn't play with great leverage...Lacks great instincts...Is not really a sack artist...Raw and needs work on developing his technique...Only played two years at the major college level.

Notes:

Transferred from Butler Country Community College...Doesn't have all the physical tools you look for but manages to get the job done...Interesting prospect who you'd maybe dismiss based on measurables but really impresses on game film.

and i really like the lekevin smith pick as well...big guy to play the nose in the 3-4...the patriots could use some depth at that spot....in case vince wilfork gets nicked up....they could also use someone who can come in and spell vince

Strengths:

An outstanding athlete...Has great speed and quickness...Stout at the point of attack and an outstanding run stuffer in the middle...Can penetrate and make plays behind the line of scrimmage...Came through with the best season of his career as a senior...Has a lot of experience as a three-year (35 game) starter.

Weaknesses:

Durability is a question and he has suffered major injuries to both knees...Has an inconsistent motor and doesn't always give maximum effort...Is a little shorter than you'd prefer...Is not much of a sack artist...Needs to get stronger...Might be a wave player...Doesn't always play up to his potential and is an underachiever.

Notes:

First name is pronounced Leh-KEE-vin...An interesting player who has all the physical tools to make it...A quality nose tackle prospect who might fit best in a 3-4 defense...Could really surprise if he can stay healthy and play hard all the time.

1445254[/snapback]

Good analysis............except, you guys got the 2nd best WR in the draft. :D

No actually he kept missing field goals because he was injured.  Which is also why he was out last year, even though he was fully recovered at that point: Andy Hart, of Patriots Weekly, reports New England Patriots K Martin Gramatica (abdominal) is fully recovered from an abdominal injury that contributed to a poor 2003 season, his last in the NFL. "I feel 100 percent now. I'm very confident right now. I just feel great," Gramatica said. He also feels that the cold and unpredictable weather of Foxboro Stadium will not be a problem having played college ball at Kansas State as well as having braved the icy November conditions against division rivals Green Bay and Chicago during his time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1444648[/snapback]

Gramatica played for the Colts in '04. He kicked off. He wasn't injured at that point, and he still wasn't picked up all last year.

hahah

well i think holmes fits what you guys were looking for...and i think jackson fits what we were looking for

1445285[/snapback]

Fair enough.

well i mean...you guys still have hines...ya have quincy morgan....ya lost randle el....so its natural you guys are looking for that speedy big play deep threat.....we were looking to replace a david givens type...

1445311[/snapback]

No, I agree. Fact is, Holmes and Jackson were clearly rated quite a bit above the rest of the field. I think we both made out quite well. :D

They picked 2 TE's?

Graham and Watson are both #1 picks. Are they planning on some 4 TE sets this year? :D

1446971[/snapback]

randall as ive said in a couple of other threads, i dunno if youve seen them or not....but graham has been nicked up alot lately...plus fauria is gone...we run alot of 2 TE sets so having 3 guys who can play is really valued....and garrett mills can play FB,H-back, as well as lineup at the traditional TE spot and only take up 1 roster spot....the move is growing on me

randall as ive said in a couple of other threads, i dunno if youve seen them or not....but graham has been nicked up alot lately...plus fauria is gone...we run alot of 2 TE sets so having 3 guys who can play is really valued....and garrett mills can play FB,H-back, as well as lineup at the traditional TE spot and only take up 1 roster spot....the move is growing on me

1447081[/snapback]

OK, I know they have been hurt, but drafting 2 TE's was a surprise. I didn't see the other threads.

I know BB likes versatile players. Can any of them play corner? :D

Bush or Bettis  :D  :D

1444930[/snapback]

:D One is headed to the Hall of Fame and has a Superbowl, the other has done nothing in the league just yet :D

Tough choice there :D