[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys doing well I feel.

irish

I was happy with Carpenter albeit taken a little earlier than some felt he should go but he'll be a good fit. Hatcher just adds depth. But I really like getting Skyler Green and Pat watkins was a great choice for us. Green with be a nice addition as a WR but more so as a RS/STmer. I think Watkins will eventually play very well next to Roy as more of a Coverage guy and letting Roy do his thing.

What's next?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was happy with Carpenter albeit taken a little earlier than some felt he should go but he'll be a good fit.  Hatcher just adds depth.  But I really like getting Skyler Green and Pat watkins was a great choice for us.  Green with be a nice addition as a WR but more so as a RS/STmer.  I think Watkins will eventually play very well next to Roy as more of a Coverage guy and letting Roy do his thing.

What's next?

1444932[/snapback]

Good question.What's interesting to me is that they have'nt drafted O-line.Obviously they're satisfied with what they have in place.That's exciting. :D

Good question.What's interesting to me is that they have'nt drafted O-line.Obviously they're satisfied with what they have in place.That's exciting. :D

1445007[/snapback]

Didn't they upgrade their line in free agency?

I wasnt happy witht he Boys draft, as I feel they still need OL help. Fabini is getting up there and forgive me but Kosier is not that good imo.

The Boys should have taken a OG at some point to upgrade Kosier by midseason.

Dallas wants to emply a 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB set without a fullback and have them play all 3 downs to disguise plays better. That is the reason they took the TE, who they feel can create mismatches with teams not knowing which TE is going out and which is blocking.

I wasnt happy witht he Boys draft, as I feel they still need OL help.  Fabini is getting up there and forgive me but Kosier is not that good imo.

The Boys should have taken a OG at some point to upgrade Kosier by midseason.

Dallas wants to emply a 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB set without a fullback and have them play all 3 downs to disguise plays better.  That is the reason they took the TE, who they feel can create mismatches with teams not knowing which TE is going out and which is blocking.

1445491[/snapback]

I force myself to think that since they did'nt draft O-line,they're happy with what they have.Only time will tell.I like the idea on paper of the 2 tight end sets on all 3 downs.Again,only time will tell how everything pans out...

From the Cowboys draft, it's obvious that while Parcells may be doing the cooking, it's Jerry Jones who went shopping.

1445489[/snapback]

What? Carpenter and Fasano are both parcells guys. Carpenters old man played for Parcells, and Parcells sees Fasana as Mark Bavaro II. Clearly you have no idea what your talking about. The first 2 picks were definately made my Parcells not JJ. Now TO may have been a JJ decision, but that wasnt what you said, above, you said the draft.

What? Carpenter and Fasano are both parcells guys.  Carpenters old man played for Parcells, and Parcells sees Fasana as Mark Bavaro II.  Clearly you have no idea what your talking about.  The first 2 picks were definately made my Parcells not JJ.  Now TO may have been a JJ decision, but that wasnt what you said, above, you said the draft.

1445600[/snapback]

Clearly you have missed my point.

Parcells may have written a grocery list, but there's no doubt who went to Kroger and bought the groceries. Did you see where those guys were drafted? Can you spell R_E_A_C_H?

Either Jerry Jones' finger prints are all over the Cowboys draft, or Parcells is slipping.

Since I don't think Parcells is slipping (ala' Levy), I've gotta go with JJ pulling the trigger.

Since I don't think Parcells is slipping (ala' Levy), I've gotta go with JJ pulling the trigger.

1448330[/snapback]

Why is he not, since taking over the Cowboy's he's 25-23, just one double digit win season(10-6, 6-10, 9-7), and only one PO berth as a wildcard, with zero PO victories. I respect his resume and the rings he brought the Giants, but this a "what have you done for me lately" league. Those coat-tails carrying the 2 SB wins are wearing thin-mighty thin indeed.

Edited by PantherDave

Why is he not, since taking over the Cowboy's he's 25-23, just one double digit win season(10-6, 6-10, 9-7), and only one PO berth as a wildcard, with zero PO victories. I respect his resume and the rings he brought the Giants, but this a "what have you done for me lately" league. Those coat-tails carrying the 2 SB wins are wearing thin-mighty thin indeed.

1449022[/snapback]

Because considering where those players were taken, it stunk to high heaven of Jerry Jones. :D

1449022[/snapback]

Your boy Fox is 28-24 as the Cats head coach and last time I checked,he has no rings on his fingers.And yet he's the best thing to hit the NFL since sliced bread.Hmmmmm....

Your boy Fox is 28-24 as the Cats head coach and last time I checked,he has no rings on his fingers.And yet he's the best thing to hit the NFL since sliced bread.Hmmmmm....

1449184[/snapback]

No he's 36-28 regular season, since 2003 when Parcells took over he's 29-19, not counting PO victories, PO he's 5-2, one NFCS division title, one WC berth, one NFC Championship, two NFC Championship app, and one SB app.

This was not a fishing trip, as the bar set by the Steelers, 49er's and Cowboy's of 5 SB victories gives all the teams something to work for and attempt their own success. So, just giving straight #'s is all.

Edited by PantherDave

does it matter who they took? 

:D

The skins are still going to sweep them this year.

:sick:

1448701[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:sick::D:D

Cliaz...Cliaz... Wake up buddy!

I understand your negative feelings though as we have absolutely owned the rivalry.

No he's 36-28 regular season, since 2003 when Parcells took over he's 29-19, not counting PO victories, PO he's 5-2, one NFCS division title, one WC berth, one NFC Championship, two NFC Championship app, and one SB app.

This was not a fishing trip, as the bar set by the Steelers, 49er's and Cowboy's of 5 SB victories gives all the teams something to work for and attempt their own success. So, just giving straight #'s is all.

1449213[/snapback]

I got the record from panthers.com :D To say Parcells is slipping is ridiculous IMO.The NFC east got better the last couple years.The Eagles were the powerhouse of the NFC for a few years,the Giants have improved and the Cowboys are now catching up.The Cowboy's starting RB has been injured the last couple seasons and the O-line has not been great..They had no quarterback for the first few seasons he was there.He was put in a bad situation when he got there,the 10-6 season(his first) was a mirage.They were'nt that good.But they're doing some good things.They'll be fine IMO.If Dallas gets the 6th this year or next he goes down as one of the greatest coaches ever.

And not everyone gets to play Atlanta,N.O. and Tampa 6 times a year. :D

I got the record from panthers.com :D To say Parcells is slipping is ridiculous IMO.The NFC east got better the last couple years.The Eagles were the powerhouse of the NFC for a few years,the Giants have improved and the Cowboys are now catching up.The Cowboy's starting RB has been injured the last couple seasons and the O-line has not been great..They had no quarterback for the first few seasons he was there.He was put in a bad situation when he got there,the 10-6 season(his first) was a mirage.They were'nt that good.But they're doing some good things.They'll be fine IMO.If Dallas gets the 6th this year or next he goes down as one of the greatest coaches ever.

1449259[/snapback]

Like I said, not a fishing trip, and about the record-2002 7-9(after inheriting a 1-15 team) 2003 11-5, 2004 7-9, 2005 11-5=36-28, take 2002 out it's 29-19??? The NFCS has been in the NFC Championship or better since realignment-but this is not about the Panthers vs the Cowboy's, just responding to BS1 comment, and nothing more, and in my opinion, the record speaks for itself, as the HoF-you bet your ass the Tuna is in-absolutely.

1449259[/snapback]

In the Panthers 3 PO app, they have sent the NFCE Champs home every time-1996 Cowboys, 2003 Eagles, 2005 Giants-no need to play the division, just beat your Champs in the PO's :D

1449259[/snapback]

Even with the wink :D

You might want to look at which Division recently (NFC East vs NFC South) has been putting the most teams in either the NFC Championship game, or the Superbowl itself and even winning it, before making that comment.

Even with the wink :D

You might want to look at which Division recently (NFC East vs NFC South) has been putting the most teams in either the NFC Championship game, or the Superbowl itself and even winning it, before making that comment.

1449536[/snapback]

since 1990-

NFC East- 9 conference championships won-5 super bowl wins

NFC South-3 conference championships won-1 super bowl win

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

since 1990-

NFC East-  9 conference championships won-5 super bowl wins

NFC South-3 conference championships won-1 super bowl win

1449616[/snapback]

When I say recently I don't mean go back almost 2 decades. :D

How about recently where the players aren't all retired and Fox / Parcells are Coaching in their respective divisions? Since say around 2000-?

Edited by Big Score 1

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Cliaz...Cliaz... Wake up buddy! 

I understand your negative feelings though as we have absolutely owned the rivalry.

1449240[/snapback]

So, you're a Notre Dame and Cowboys fan?! Let me guess you probably root for the Yankees, Lakers, and Canadiens too.