[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, it's gonna happen, but we will all deal

PantherDave

We have been glued to, or checking for mostly two days now, ahhhh a taste of our beloved NFL before the dog days of summer arrive. Were jazzed and pumped about our fav teams picks, or pissed and dismayed-but it's a taste a tease. Now comes Post Draft Monday, and ya know it's gonna happen......the Jones will set in as we come back to OS reality of no meaningful football until September. We will deal with it, talk smack, and project our teams chances for the coming season. Also, we will be able to start our early cheatsheets, look at the FF mags that will hit the newsstand in coming weeks, we savy FFer's will not use them, but the Jones will hit me in the grocery store in mid May, and I'll buy two of them just to quell that Jones. We've got just over 5 months Huddle Nation until it's on again for real-until then we can be our own support group to help each other make it through-Peace PD.

Ahh, Big J, exactly how long do we have to wait :D ?

We have been glued to, or checking for mostly two days now, ahhhh a taste of our beloved NFL before the dog days of summer arrive. Were jazzed and pumped about our fav teams picks, or pissed and dismayed-but it's a taste a tease. Now comes Post Draft Monday, and ya know it's gonna happen......the Jones will set in as we come back to OS reality of no meaningful football until September.  We will deal with it, talk smack, and project our teams chances for the coming season. Also, we will be able to start our early cheatsheets, look at the FF mags that will hit the newsstand in coming weeks, we savy FFer's will not use them, but the Jones will hit me in the grocery store in mid May, and I'll buy two of them just to quell that Jones. We've got just over 5 months Huddle Nation until it's on again for real-until then we can be our own support group to help each other make it through-Peace PD.

Ahh, Big J, exactly how long do we have to wait :D ?

1444959[/snapback]

Well said........ I wish we could fast forward to opening Sunday. I love this stuff. :D

For this year you can say "May Day, May Day!" :D

Some of us waill be preparing for dynasty rookie drafts.

And there will be minicamps to get a first look at the revamped teams.

Football never ends for some of us, and the draft is just part of the process.l

For this year you can say "May Day, May Day!" :D

Some of us waill be preparing for dynasty rookie drafts.

And there will be minicamps to get a first look at the revamped teams.

Football never ends for some of us, and the draft is just part of the process.l

1444973[/snapback]

To true, as I've got a rook draft as well, but it is just barely enough, and sometime not quite, and the closer it get's-the more ya want it!!! The Jones won't completely go away until that ball is KO in Pitt that Thursday night.

The Jones won't completely go away until that ball is KO in Pitt that Thursday night.

1444978[/snapback]

...and returned by Santonio Holmes or Willie Reed for a TD !!!! :D

It is interesting having been so involved in this for the last ten years. Back in "the old days", there was literally no activity by sites or fantasy players until about the time training camps opened at the end of July/first of August. Then it started stretching back into as early as June.

Now there is a large contingent of people that exist pretty much all year but definitely from the NFL draft through the Super Bowl. Some of this ends up forcing over-analysis and wild-fire hype on players but overall there are a lot of VERY good and informed fantasy players out there and I know this because if I ever make a typo or mis-state something I get immediately called on it.

This is an interesting topic to me. I always told Whitney that the cruelest time is about mid-June through late July because there is very little happening but everyone is dancing around the fire wearing war paint. Especially in July when there is almost a full month of dead time between mini-camps or any significant player movement and the start of the training camps.

But - this year I have a plan. And it involves you. And you. And you. Okay, not you Spain. But him and him and him. I am going to try something I am very excited about to fill the time in June and July that otherwise would be too dry for your liking. I think this one will be one of my better ideas (better than Cheez-it burgers or the Dave's Drive-By Shooting Range concept).

Stay tuned...

It is interesting having been so involved in this for the last ten years. Back in "the old days", there was literally no activity by sites or fantasy players until about the time training camps opened at the end of July/first of August. Then it started stretching back into as early as June.

Now there is a large contingent of people that exist pretty much all year but definitely from the NFL draft through the Super Bowl. Some of this ends up forcing over-analysis and wild-fire hype on players but overall there are a lot of VERY good and informed fantasy players out there and I know this because if I ever make a typo or mis-state something I get immediately called on it.

This is an interesting topic to me. I always told Whitney that the cruelest time is about mid-June through late July because there is very little happening but everyone is dancing around the fire wearing war paint. Especially in July when there is almost a full month of dead time between mini-camps and any significant player movement and the start of the training camps.

But - this year I have a plan. And it involves you. And you. And you. Okay, not you Spain. But him and him and him. I am going to try something I am very excited about to fill the time in June and July that otherwise would be too dry for your liking. I think this one will be one of my better ideas (better than Cheez-it burgers or the Dave's Drive-By Shooting Range concept).

Stay tuned...

1445013[/snapback]

You are the distributor and we are your junkies-it sounds good to me, and I have no clue what it could be-Boss, you da Man :D !!!

Stay tuned...

1445013[/snapback]

TEASE! Tell us what it is?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?

Is it a MH Bikini edition?

Better than Cheeze it Burgers"

1445019[/snapback]

True story - a couple of days ago we had an ambulance and fire truck here at my house because of cheez-its.

One of our neighbors was eating a few cheez-its and evidently did not thoroughly chew them because one became lodged in her throat. She could still breath sort of but it was apparently rather painful and scary for her. It all ended fine with no trip to the hospital and, yes, everyone I tell the story to says what I first thought ' just drink some water".

Anyway, watch out for the cheez-its as they are dangerous. Better yet, cook them in your hamburger patty for a delicious treat this summer.

TEASE!  Tell us what it is?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?

Is it a MH Bikini edition?

1445024[/snapback]

Who let you out of the tailgate? Where is your ankle bracelet???

True story - a couple of days ago we had an ambulance and fire truck here at my house because of cheez-its.

One of our neighbors was eating a few cheez-its and evidently did not thoroughly chew them because one became lodged in her throat. She could still breath sort of but it was apparently rather painful and scary for her. It all ended fine with no trip to the hospital and, yes, everyone I tell the story to says what I first thought ' just drink some water".

Anyway, watch out for the cheez-its as they are dangerous. Better yet, cook them in your hamburger patty for a delicious treat this summer.

1445030[/snapback]

:D Since you don't visit the Tailgate nor Food forums.  DMD has this Cheez-it recipe of putting it in burgers.  And he even submitted it to Kraft, who summartily rejected all outside suggestions.

recipe and commentary

1445032[/snapback]

Ha... Thanks for the insight on that. I was thinking that I'd missed something. Well, I think I might try the recipe once in the next few days...

What about pre-season? Does that count for anything?

1445874[/snapback]

I don't know if it counts, and to be honest, it's probably one of the more scary parts of the NFL year for me. Injuries anyone? :D

Let's hope Alexander stops this Madden curse before things get real ugly for me next year. :D :doah: :D

This is an interesting topic to me. I always told Whitney that the cruelest time is about mid-June through late July because there is very little happening but everyone is dancing around the fire wearing war paint. Especially in July when there is almost a full month of dead time between mini-camps or any significant player movement and the start of the training camps.

Stay tuned...

1445013[/snapback]

:D