[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

straight to the NFL w/o college

muck

I was thinking about this this past weekend... There are only two people I can think of that played in the NFL w/o taking a snap of college ball.

Anyone else think of someone besides Eric Swann (whatever happened to him anyhow?) and Antonio Gates?

I was thinking about this this past weekend...  There are only two people I can think of that played in the NFL w/o taking a snap of college ball.

Anyone else think of someone besides Eric Swann (whatever happened to him anyhow?) and Antonio Gates?

1446130[/snapback]

I'm not sure, but I don't think that Bullet Bob Hayes played football in college.

I was thinking about this this past weekend...  There are only two people I can think of that played in the NFL w/o taking a snap of college ball.

1446130[/snapback]

I believe that Gates was on the team at Michigan State for a while before leaving fro Kent for basketball. No he did not play in a game but I believe that he did attend practice for a semester.

Walter Watts played baskeball at Utah under Majerus and signed with the Raiders - practice squad for 2 years I believe.

Danny Jones who played basketball for Wisconsin had a brief stint with, I believe the Vikings.

Andre the Giant had tryouts with several teams in the 70's. Nobody signed him.

Otis Sistrunk.

They joked that he went to the University of Mars.

1447254[/snapback]

Alex Karras made that reference during a Monday Night game as they showed him on the sidelines with steam coming off his head.

Sistrunk played in the Continental league for a couple years after HS, and the Rams brought him in to see what he was all about. The Raiders braintrust happened to be at the Rams practice and scooped him up from under the Rams.