[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The OVERHYPED USC Machine

Royal 88s

I will say this with confidence. Any player refusing to sign a contract before. Will think twice. This should be know as the Reggie Bush rebuff syndrome. Dont sign a contract befor draft day, we will just sign someone else.

I will say this with confidence.  Any player refusing to sign a contract before.  Will think twice.  This should be know as the Reggie Bush rebuff syndrome.  Dont sign a contract befor draft day, we will just sign someone else.

1446968[/snapback]

I fail to see how not being taken #1 has hurt Reggie Bush. He'll likely get the same guaranteed amount Williams got from Houston, which is demonstrably more than Ronnie Brown got last year.

Looks like EVERY single USC player slipped out of their projected pick.

Is this a coincidence?  Who knows, but it sure was nice to see these guys gripping on draft day.  And good luck to New Orleans trying to get Reggie "All About Me" Bush into camp without having to sell the city to get him.  He wants 32 million guaranteed!  I think that is worth more than the sewage dump of a city they call New Orleans is worth!  Maybe they can use some FEMA money to get this overhyped a$$ bag into camp.  Did you see his face when NO drafted him?  I'll tell you what he was thinking, "I wonder how long I can hold out so maybe they will trade me to an actual city."  LMAO.

Good luck and welcome to the NFL!

1446230[/snapback]

I watched the entire draft and Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart handled themselves with grace and class :D . Clearly with more class than your post. I'm sure that the fine people of NO will love to read your comments about their city. Reggie Bush is the most exciting college football player to come out of the NFL draft in at least 15 years. And No, your wrong, not every USC player fell out of their projected spot. But this program did have more players drafted than any other program. Figure it out. You're jealousy of the best college football program over the last 3 years is obvious. Get over it and grow up :D . SC isn't going away.

35-2!! :D Pac-10 ..... Conference Of Champions! :D

Perch, your post is such crap it might as well have been written by Sgt. Clown. Justice dropped because of past character issues and perhaps because he wasn't really dominant on the field this year. Lutui was actually better. But it had nothing to do with Jacob Rogers. Rogers was very good at USC. But USC had a smaller OL at the time. That was before USC took off and could get nearly any recruit it wanted. Now USC's OL is huge. Justice dropping had nothing to do with past USC linemen.

Leinart's drop was simple.  Out of the first 9 picks, only Tennessee decided it's top priority was a QB. When the Titans took Young, Leinart dropped. In another year with a team having pocket passer as their top priority, like last year for instance, Leinart could have very easily went No. 1.

1447615[/snapback]

Perch was absoultely right. The Dallas Morning News validates exactly what Perch said. Dallas certainly wasnt taking a chance on another SC OL anytime soon, because of the bust Jacob Rogers was. Justice has many flaws, first being character, then not being ready to play, and finally a work ethic that has been questioned repeatedly by NFL scouts. Justice may be an avg lineman, but he doesnt have the character, nasty streak, feet, or desire to be a dominant player. All those reasons are why he fell. Leinarts drop was simple he doesnt have the arm strength to play in New York, Tennesse with Fisher an SC alum, and Leinart former OC couldnt persude the Titans to take him because his potential is what it is now, and in the NFL level, unless he is surrounded by playmakers, which is what he landed into in Arizona, he would be the left handed Chad Pennington. Leinart cost himself 40 million bucks plus a shot at being #1 Overall, for a chance at back to back titles for a college that didnt get it done. He didnt repeat as Heisman Winner even though he put up even more inflated numbers than the yr he won it. Carroll and Leinart stock both plummeted in the last month, for different reasons and both could be in SF right now, rebuilding that franchise, instead Carroll will be lucky to get a top coaching salary when he moves back to the NFL, and it will happen very soon. Those close to him say he's pondering that as early as the 07 season. Lendale White's plummet is unjustified in my opinion. He isnt lean like Eddie George, but he is a trimmer, faster Bettis, and should do wonders for the Titans offense. Im sure he is glad he said Vince was the better player of the two top QBs now, since they will be sharing a locker room. Carolina is going to wish it selected White over Williams by mid season next yr.

Tennesse, NY, Oakland and Detroit, all needed a QB, and all passed on Leinart. 4 teams looking for a QB in the top 9 passed on Leinart and if Denver could have got Buffalos pick at 8, they were taking Cutler over Leinart as well, so that would have been 5 teams passing on the supposed franchise QB. Its insane to even say you pass on those, regardless of team need. Denver felt Cutler was a Franchise QB, and selected him even though they had Plummer, same thing with CIncy back when they had a nice QB in Ktina at the time, and still selected Palmer. Sorry, but team need goes out the window like it did in New Orleans when you have a franchise player on the board. Those 5 teams listed above, didnt think Leinart was that franchise player. But I guess you know more than they do, right. :D

SC should be on probation very soon. Bush accepting a bribe for his parents to live in a 750K house, and not pay a dime of rent, then Bush bails on the agent who set them up. Then Bush cost himself the #1 pick by demanding 30 million guaranteed, and Houston didnt even give him the same offer it did Mario, as they wanted no part of his selfish, questionable character, and decision making like in the Rose Bowl. Dwayne Jarrett lives wth Leinart, on Leinarts Dads dime, and will be asked to pay back 10K when he turns pro for unpaid rent. Dirty Sanchez rapes a girl and finally the NCAA is looking into taking away the 04 title, the only one SC won, for the violations above regarding Bush. Yeah, Id say Carroll has firm control of his program. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Leinart cost himself 40 million bucks plus a shot at being #1 Overall, for a chance at back to back titles for a college that didnt get it done. 

1447649[/snapback]

Where did the figure 40 million dollars come from? I thought the amount of money he lost was around 16 million? Anyone have any info?

No, I think it was his lack of mental toughness that made Leinart drop. Like the way he choked in national title game against Oklahoma. And on fourth down against Notre Dame, what sort of mentally weak turd would audible with the season on the line?

1447715[/snapback]

<SWIMS AWAY>

typical...a Texas fan slamming USC. Imagine that...

1446250[/snapback]

I take it as just that. His rant is nothing more than a childish attempt at a slam on Bush simply because he played for USC. :D

Fixed. :D

1446326[/snapback]

:D

Seriously, There is good reason for the three USC "studs" dropping so.  Justice dropped not only because of his off the field problems, but because Jacob Rodgers was such a bust in Dallas, and USC linemen are viewed as finesse lineman (read soft).  Lienart dropped, because of his average at best arm strength, and his mental toughness.  Look at it, the guy didn't want to come out last year when he was guaranteed to be the #1 pick.  It has to make some people scratch their heads and wonder if the kid really wants to play.  Also, when ever he gets sacked a few times he get very eradic and often acts like he is hurt.  So, he has a questionable heart.  Bush dropped, because #1 Houston already had a decent back in a similar mold.  Personally I think Bush is a overhyped 3rd down back that relys on getting to the corner which will be much harder in the NFL.  No one knows about his durability becuase he always split carries with White.  Not bashing, just my opinion based on my observations.

1446378[/snapback]

I don't agree with all of what's said here, but if you want to be taken seriously on this MB then this is how you make an argument.

I fail to see how not being taken #1 has hurt Reggie Bush. He'll likely get the same guaranteed amount Williams got from Houston, which is demonstrably more than Ronnie Brown got last year.

1447010[/snapback]

Yup

Bush accepting a bribe for his parents to live in a 750K house, and not pay a dime of rent, then Bush bails on the agent who set them up.  Then Bush cost himself the #1 pick by demanding 30 million guaranteed, and Houston didnt even give him the same offer it did Mario, as they wanted no part of his selfish, questionable character, and decision making like in the Rose Bowl.

1447649[/snapback]

Casserly was on Mike & Mike this morning & stated that the same offer was made to both Williams & Bush's agents. Bush's agent likely turned down the offer initially thinking the Texans were just using Williams as a bargaining chip against Bush. Nobody in their right minds really expected Houston to take Williams. My guess is if Bush's camp thought they were serious we wouldn't have him right now. I seriously doubt any of this has anything to do with the house incident.

No, I think it was his lack of mental toughness that made Leinart drop. Like the way he choked in national title game against Oklahoma. And on fourth down against Notre Dame, what sort of mentally weak turd would audible with the season on the line?

1447715[/snapback]

Finally, someone with some common sense. :D Sarge is still :D over the 2004 NC when the Matt Leinart led Trojans exposed his weak ass ::D Sooners who didn't deserve to be in any NC game. :D