[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to the Bills and Seahawks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've defended Brad many times on this board and I'll continue doing so.  He made one mistake in the heat of battle, everything else that he's done shows he's a great guy.  I was honored when he asked if I'd be willing to defend him publicly in the newspaper article.  You'll see my name towards the end.I'll never defend Marcus Vick, although he will make one hell of a WR in the NFL. :D

1446627[/snapback]

When he picks up a gun and goes to Iraq, then talk about what he does in the heat of battle.

Until then, he's just playing football for money. :D

When he picks up a gun and goes to Iraq, then talk about what he does in the heat of battle.

Until then, he's just playing football for money. :D

1446776[/snapback]

Fine then, he should be paid well for his services. :D

The scouts think that he can be a starter in two or three years.  The Redskins were expected to take him in the 5th or 6th and even had his profile on their website as a potential pick.  This is where he was expected to be picked and this is one of the Bills problem areas.  They intend to play him as he was the only tackle that they picked.  The scouts say that he plays with a mean streak.  a lot of teams like that.  Jake Grove is a high school friend of my brother and his wife(she works with Tru Soldja, he can verify this), he plays with a mean streak as well.  I guess it's a Lynchburg thing.

1446753[/snapback]

Which scouts?

SI ranked him a 3.3 on the following scale -

6.0 to 5.00 -- Franchise Prospect -- A player who can change the course of a game and a consistent performer. Multiple Pro-Bowl possibilities and top ten selection. Top five pick and very rare.

4.99 to 4.10 -- Quality Prospect -- Someone that consistently gives good performances. Occasional Pro-Bowl appearances.

4.09 to 3.75 -- First-Year Contributor -- Prospect that has the ability to make plays from the get-go and start early into his rookie season.

3.74 to 3.45 -- Future Starter -- A good athlete that must learn to be a football player or someone who is an “overachiever”. Quality prospect with long term potential

3.44 to 3.35 -- Fence Player -- Prospect on the fence that has the skills and abilities to succeed but needs time and patience to develop those skills to the fullest.

3.34 to 2.99 -- Practice Squad -- Late-round player that must develop his talents on the practice squad and NFL Europe.

2.98 to 2.40 -- Free Agent -- Player who will make a 60 or 80 man roster.

Draft Exchange ranked him a 32 on the following scale -

96-above - Cant miss future Pro Bowler headed for stardom. Sure starter.

90-95 - Blue chip prospect, will start and likely play an important role, possibly star. Sure starter, should be among the teams best.

80-89 - Definite starter. Can develop into a solid starter. Has some possibility of being one of the better players on the team.

70-79 - Can be a first string player and start. Solid pro prospect.

55-69 - Should definitely stick in pros. May be a starter with some time to develop.

30-54 - Probably will be selected to be developed into a player. Should be able to make team.

15-29 - Unknown future, but definitely worth a pick in the lower rounds.

0-14 - No one busting down the door to get this player. Uncertain pro material, may go undrafted.

NFL.com a 5.7 on the following scale -

7.0 - 7.9 Pro Bowl Player – A true difference maker 1st

6.5 - 6.9 Highly productive starting player 1st

6.4 Very good starting player 1st/2nd

6.3 Very good starting player 2nd

6.1 - 6.2 Good starting player 3rd

6.0 Very productive backup now/will develop into starter 3rd

5.9 Very good backup & very good special teams player 4th

5.8 Quality backup & good special teams player 5th

5.7 Backup player/special teams player & project players 6th

Every report on him calls him stiff, weak, slow to get off the block etc. But he is tall. I would not call that a fine young football player. Not by NFL standards.

Edited by MikeTice

This guy is your buddy, so you will defend him til you are blue in the face, but the fact remains he is a cheap shot artist, and NOT a good, clean player.  The fact that he fell to the 5th round and was drafted by the Buffalo Bills who are being universally called out as to having the worst draft in the league.  Your buddy is a camp body at best who better be able to play special teams, because he isn't a "fine young football player"

You on the other hand deserve kudos for standing by your buddy even though he is a proven cheap shot artist.  It is always good to know who your friends are.

1446728[/snapback]

Hey JJ, you should listen to this guy, if there is anyone who knows about 'cheap shots' it is this Kate Middleton, please read exhibit A below:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=1418715

ESPN's draft magazine had him as a 6th rounder and said that he could be a starter in two or three years. They had him rated as the 22nd best Tackle.These guy's think less of him but think he can play in the league. Here's what the Redskins think of him.The Broncos had their eyes on him as well.These guys had him ranked 18th by position.

ESPN's draft magazine had him as a 6th rounder and said that he could be a starter in two or three years.  They had him rated as the 22nd best Tackle.These guy's think less of him but think he can play in the league.  Here's what the Redskins think of him.The Broncos had their eyes on him as well.These guys had him ranked 18th by position.

1446825[/snapback]

Those say exactly what I found on other sites. Slow and weak. As for the Redskins site, they list him as a potential late round pick but Colledge as a "other possibility"?? The kid from the North Pole is ranked anywhere from 5 to 9 on most OT draft charts. I still have seen nothing that says he will be a "good player". I could pull a ton of articles that evaluate his character as a cheap shot artist though.

Those say exactly what I found on other sites.  Slow and weak.  As for the Redskins site, they list him as a potential late round pick but Colledge as a "other possibility"??  The kid from the North Pole is ranked anywhere from 5 to 9 on most OT draft charts.  I still have seen nothing that says he will be a "good player".  I could pull a ton of articles that evaluate his character as a cheap shot artist though.

1446842[/snapback]

Who cares?

Those say exactly what I found on other sites.  Slow and weak.  As for the Redskins site, they list him as a potential late round pick but Colledge as a "other possibility"??  The kid from the North Pole is ranked anywhere from 5 to 9 on most OT draft charts.  I still have seen nothing that says he will be a "good player".  I could pull a ton of articles that evaluate his character as a cheap shot artist though.

1446842[/snapback]

I have yet to see any of those articles. I believe his listed weaknesses are that he needs to work on his lower body strength and he's not very athletic. They say that he's an over-achiever that's maxed out his potential. The NFL's web site has him rated as a 5.7 and F.

5.7 Backup player/special teams player & project players 6th

F Meets minimum height & weight requirements, but lacks top playing speed.

Examples – Tom Brady & Chad Clifton 2nd - 7th

You could add yourself to that list as well. :D

1446858[/snapback]

I just like a good fight. You know the guy. You should be able to find a non-UVA supported website that says he is a good football player who is not weak, slow or unable to block off the edge.

:D

6 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: cre8tiff, Hitman, TimD

It's good to see this guy's back in business.

1446889[/snapback]

It's been a long year. But I'm back baby. Time to get Nasty, TimD style.

8 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: Hitman, TimC, TimD

:D

1446918[/snapback]

:D I didn't think I could get both aliases logged on at the same time.