[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Javon-fantasy impact

Randall

I have Javon and Driver in a keeper league. This could get me 2 #1 WR's.

Trade helps in a fantasy sense because my top 4 WR's had a week 6 bye(Walker/Driver/J Smith and R Wayne), but how does everyone see Walker this season?

His knee injury happend week 1 last year so he will have a full year to recover.

Now, I am REALLY liking my WRs in one of my dynasty-ish league...starting four WRs, with bonus points for receptions...

Chad Johnson

Randy Moss

Javon Walker

Jerry Porter

Muhsin Muhammad

Braylon Edwards

...plus high-upside guys like Reggie Brown, Koren Robinson, Ernest Wilford and Matt Jones (assuming one of these last two guys takes over for Jimmy Smith in a year or two)...

FROM THE DENVER POST

"We're very pleased to get Javon Walker," Bowlen said. "He helps right away. He can be special. Our guys did very well."

Added Sundquist: "Javon is healthy and ready to go. He's a big addition. We look at him as a top 10-pick type player."

Trade helps in a fantasy sense because my top 4 WR's had a week 6 bye(Walker/Driver/J Smith and R Wayne), but how does everyone see Walker this season?

His knee injury happend week 1 last year so he will have a full year to recover.

1446522[/snapback]

Rod smith is getting older but he's still productive.....I wouldn't be surprised that he and Javon have similar numbers this year. With that running game, Denver looks to be pretty balanced. They won't HAVE to chuck the rock as much as Favre has had to these last few years..... I don't think Javon will be top 5 .... maybe 8 - 12...

Rod smith is getting older but he's still productive.....I wouldn't be surprised that he and Javon have similar numbers this year.  With that running game, Denver looks to be pretty balanced.  They won't HAVE to chuck the rock as much as Favre has had to these last few years.....  I don't think Javon will be top 5 .... maybe 8 - 12...

1446633[/snapback]

Did they address their running game or are they going with Dayne and Bell?

I still consider javon keepable, but am not looking for him to have a top 5 year.

1446703[/snapback]

I agree with the above...

Physically, the knee will be healed, but mentally, it will probably take this year to get Walker to forget that his knee was banged up. You just don't go from guarding that injured knee to playing full tilt in less than a year. :D

Bottom half of the league. #16 - 24 ranked WR at the end of the year at best.

I would take him as a WR2, but to count on him for Boldin like numbers (last year, 7 tds, 1398 yds, 102 receptions) is asking a little much.

Just don't see him being in the top 10.

he can be top 10 if he plays every game...

1448728[/snapback]

In 2000 McCaffrey and Rod Smith put up almost 300 yards combined. He can do it. Unlike Lelie he can go over the middle and pile up yards after the catch when healthy.

1446522[/snapback]

Two things to take into account.

#1 This is the big one IMO. Javon is as dumb as a stump. He's about as sharp a bowling ball. He's as......well, you get the idea. Guy has to learn a new offense.

#2 Rod Smith is still there.

Gonna be great in 2007+ though. :D

Two things to take into account.

#1 This is the big one IMO. Javon is as dumb as a stump. He's about as sharp a bowling ball. He's as......well, you get the idea. Guy has to learn a new offense.

#2 Rod Smith is still there.

Gonna be great in 2007+ though. :D

1449604[/snapback]

His elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.

He doesn't have all his oars in the water either. :D

I would be much happier to know I had Driver coming into this season, I could see him being a major sleeper this season.

1450885[/snapback]

I don't know how much of a sleeper he'll be. Sure he won't be drafted in the top 10 WR's most likely but who else is there for Brett to throw to? Driver may be undervalued by some, but I don't think he's a sleeper.

I could see him being somewhere in between Moss and Owens were for their new teams:

Moss @ OAK in 2005:

60 recs, 1005 yds & 8 TDs

Owens @ PHI in 2004:

77 recs, 1200 yds & 14 TDs

...therefore...

Walker @ DEN in 2006:

68 recs, 1100 yds & 11 TDs

FYI...Walker @ GB in 2003 (only started 3 of 16 games):

41 recs, 716 yds & 9 TDs

FYI...Walker @ GB in 2004 (only started 12 of 16 games):

89 recs, 1382 yds & 12 TDs

...so, averaging 2003 & 2004 stats results in:

65 recs, 1048 yds & 10.5 TDs

...therefore...

The above estimate of 1/2 RMoss and 1/2 TOwens on a new team (68 recs, 1100 yds & 11 TDs), and the estimate of 1/2 of JWalkers 2003 stats and 1/2 of his 2004 stats (65 recs, 1048 yds & 10.5 TDs) are about the same...

SUMMARY:

I expect Javon Walker to get somewhere between 60-70 receptions for somewhere between 950-1150 yards and somewhere between 8-12 TDs.

Trying to get more specific than that is probably a waste of time.

Edited by muck

Walker should be a WR1 for most fantasy squads this year.

1448659[/snapback]

...typo...

Should have read:

"Will end up being a WR1 for several (a few?) fantasy teams and should make a phenomenal WR2 for most fantasy teams."

Edited by muck