[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you choose your Team?

Footballjoe

Just wondering how everyone does it. Most of the time for me its talent. Once in awhile there may be a better player available but if I dislike that player and/or team I may pass him up. I know you shouldn't but....

1447393[/snapback]

I look forward to playing against you. hey...I heard that all of the top five RB's were calling you names :D

Talent is somewhat vauge, I have a formula and few principles I stick to every year. Just drafting talent without addressing need, for instance, I would not take a stud TE/#2WR until I got my #3 RB in the coral. Bye weeks and the ever present trip to IR will nullify what other positions can do for you. Also, wait on a QB,P. Manning is nice on your roster, but my RB coral(3) will be complete and at least my #1 WR will be in the fold, most likely my #2 WR before I pull the trigger on my QB.

Talent is somewhat vauge, I have a formula and few principles I stick to every year. Just drafting talent without addressing need, for instance, I would not take a stud TE/#2WR until I got my #3 RB in the coral. Bye weeks and the ever present trip to IR will nullify what other positions can do for you. Also, wait on a QB,P. Manning is nice on your roster, but my RB coral(3) will be complete and at least my #1 WR will be in the fold, most likely my #2 WR before I pull the trigger on my QB.

1447420[/snapback]

This stragedy worked to T for me last year. Carson Palmer fell into my lap

in round 7. Who's this year's Palmer?

1447420[/snapback]

G*d Bless PantherDave for gracing us on this board.

Believe it or not, I'm a huge fan of yours.

You should come slum it up in the tailgate with the rest of us once in a while.

G*d Bless PantherDave for gracing us on this board.

Believe it or not, I'm a huge fan of yours.

You should come slum it up in the tailgate with the rest of us once in a while.

1447460[/snapback]

Thank You very much Cliaz, as I always try to stay positive and provide some insight that has helped me, as much as possible. I hit the TG every once in awhile-it's some good chit going down in there-especially the ghost story thread-yours and DMD scared the poop outta me that night :D .

Edited by PantherDave

It's all about value with me.  I go into every draft with a plan, but it's usually toast by the 2nd or 3rd round because so many owners do weird things.

1447496[/snapback]

What's up Jimmy? How ya been?

Yeah same with me. It's all about value but I do try to fill out my RB situation first.

Of course you are right, after round 2 most of our planning goes out the window.

It's all about value with me.  I go into every draft with a plan, but it's usually toast by the 2nd or 3rd round because so many owners do weird things.

1447496[/snapback]

Being able to adjust is very important..I also go in with a plan but that changes if the situation calls for a change. I have no problem going outside the plan, if the right opportunity presents itself. I have to say now that I have gone into the dynasty leagues...I will not join a redraft league again. I enjoy dynasty leagues too much.

1447496[/snapback]

Actually JN, that is where the strategy and planning come to the fore,as the best looking team on paper does not always bring home the bacon. If the other owners want to be lemmes and follow each other off the cliff-let'em, and enjoy counting your money and owning bragging rights all off season- I never vary until what I consider my "core" is intact, and then it's sleeper time and what not.

Being able to adjust is very important..I also go in with a plan but that changes if the situation calls for a change. I have no problem going outside the plan, if the right opportunity presents itself. I have to say now that I have gone into the dynasty leagues...I will not join a redraft league again. I enjoy dynasty leagues too much.

1447522[/snapback]

What about just a plain old keeper league (2 to 3 players max for like 2 years?)?

I checked other because my basis is for apicking a player is talent but I try and pick players based on situations and schedule. Another words if a team looks like they are going to play from behind alot then I take their WRs and or QB for the garabage time yds and TDs. If a team looks like they will be ahead alot then I try and stay away from their WRs and QB and take the RBs. This is what I use to break up ties between evenly talented (tiered) players.

I go primarily on talent. If anything I avoid Cowboys (my team), because I'm afraid my opinion of some of their players may be skewed. And like someone else said, there are some players I just out right avoid. I absolutely will not draft Duece McAllister, because he has burned me so many times.