[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers fans please stand up

Raider.Nation

Well I have the no2 selection in my rookie draft. Thought for sure I'd be taking Williams on any other team than the Panthers. He couldn't have gone to a better system for his style running. However I have seen what the Panthers have done with all their RB's in the past couple seasons. Between Deshaun, Stephen Davis, Eric Shelton. Not that Shelton could have been better/different, but they have so many options there right now. Where as a guy like Addai only needs to beat out Dominic "career backup ala Maurice Morris" Rhodes.

What do you figure?!?

Addai or Williams? or Maroney for that matter? But I'm clearly leaning towards Addai..

I'm sniffing RBBC between Foster-Williams-Shelton, as Fox fell in love with the SD/Foster duo during the SB run in 03-really to early to tell, but I'd say Foster gets the majority of reps, but it is just so early. He was also DC of the Giants during the Thunder and Lightning days(tiki and dayne).

Its only a matter of time before Mr. Glass does something else to injur himself. They selected Shelton rather early last year, and I don't think they would have taken another runningback in round 1 if they had confidence in Shelton filling in for Foster when he gets hurt. Williams will end the season as the starter, with DeShaun Foster returning to his real position, a backup.

Lendale White and Marony will be the best backs fo the 5. Addai reminds me of JJ Arrington. Sure he has an opportunity to start, but that doesnt mean he wont be replaced in next yrs draft or FA. White is a pounder, and will make that Tenn OL better, by his style. Williams Im not sold on a bit. His speed is questionable, and he gained his yards on weak competition.

Lendale White and Marony will be the best backs fo the 5.  Addai reminds me of JJ Arrington.  Sure he has an opportunity to start, but that doesnt mean he wont be replaced in next yrs draft or FA.  White is a pounder, and will make that Tenn OL better, by his style.  Williams Im not sold on a bit.  His speed is questionable, and he gained his yards on weak competition.

1447665[/snapback]

Dang, I'm glad I'm not in any drafts with you this year. :D

Lendale White and Marony will be the best backs fo the 5.  Addai reminds me of JJ Arrington.  Sure he has an opportunity to start, but that doesnt mean he wont be replaced in next yrs draft or FA.  White is a pounder, and will make that Tenn OL better, by his style.  Williams Im not sold on a bit.  His speed is questionable, and he gained his yards on weak competition.

1447665[/snapback]

Kind of surprised that you think Maroney will be better than the others this year. I think Corey Dillon will come back stronger and much much better than last season. I don't know about 1600 yards again, but I'd say 1200 with at least 10 TD's. Maroney will be good, I just think he has more of a wait than these other guys...

Addai is on too good of a team to be an Arrington...he'd be better by default with better coaching and OL...

Addai will be even with Rhodes in a 2 back set they are trying out...

I don't see Foster staying healthy...Davis was spelled an awful lot because he was old and not durable...Foster is young...and not durable..

if DeAngelo can avoid injury...I think he'd take over the RB job ala Nick Goings when Foster gets hurt...except DeAngelo would keep the job...

1447665[/snapback]

So you mean Addai's situation reminds you of Arrington's situation? Because if you're talking about college game tape, Maroney is the one who compares to Arrington. Both ran through huge holes, but looked really good doing it. Arrington never got those huge holes in Arizona; I'm not sure the Pats O-line will open up big holes for Maroney either. :D

The Patriots have a great track record for fantasy RBs, though. They don't do a lot of RBBC and they give the ball to the RB in the red zone.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead