[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ROOKIE IDP Dynasty Consensus Rankings

keggerz

EDIT: I forgot to include DYNASTY in the thread title and will on the rest of the threads

I would run this in the IDP forum but I think we will get better participation here

ok so now lets see if we can get this thing off the ground

we can use this as a scoring and what lineup requirements would be...

you wont fill out the lineup with just rooks but its something to alteast use a guage

IDP DYNASTY ROOKIE CONSENSUS RANKINGS

1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 2DL, 3LB, 3DB

Scoring

Passing TDs 4pts

.05/yard Passing(=1pt/20yrds if you arent good at math)

INTs thrown -1

2 Pt conversions 2pts

ALL OTHER TDs 6pts

.5/recption

.10/yard Rush/Recv

Fumbles Lost -2pts

FGs 3pts

XPTs 1pt

Tackles 2pts

Assist 1pt

Sack 2pts(counts as a tackle to so net is 4pts)

INT 2pts

Passes Defended 1.5pts per

Safety 3pts

Forced Fumble 2pts

Fumble Recovery 2pts

1 Bush RB NO

Edited by keggerz

Agreed, just traded 1.4/1.6 for 1.2/2.1 to aquire Addai....he should fit perfect in that offense.

1449461[/snapback]

Jake....you have the 1.2 pick. So technically.....you are making the assumption that Bush goes #1 in your rookie draft anyway. Right? :D

LMAO, some people never learn. Addai is the next JJ Arrignton, and like Arrington may get an opportunity this yr, but will be replaced next yr by a big name back or another high draft pick.

Bush, White, Marony are the only 3 backs Id even touch. Williams smells like a bust as well.

LMAO, some people never learn.  Addai is the next JJ Arrignton, and like Arrington may get an opportunity this yr, but will be replaced next yr by a big name back or another high draft pick. 

Bush, White, Marony are the only 3 backs Id even touch. Williams smells like a bust as well.

1449743[/snapback]

Ok, so we all know that Sarge values Williams and Addia the most in the rookie draft.

By the way this is a very well disguised "who should I draft thread".

Ok, so we all know that Sarge values Williams and Addia the most in the rookie draft.

By the way this is a very well disguised "who should I draft thread".

1449759[/snapback]

:D

LMAO, some people never learn.  Addai is the next JJ Arrignton, and like Arrington may get an opportunity this yr, but will be replaced next yr by a big name back or another high draft pick. 

1449743[/snapback]

Is that right? I feel a flashback coming on.... :D ........

Indy will miss the boat on the top 4 RBs and will panic and take Addai here. He is going to be a stud in that offense, and can catch the ball out of the backfield, which is a necessity. After Addai, the dropoff is huge, so he slides into round 1.

1404726[/snapback]

:D

I'll side with Perch on this one. :D

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

It's a dynasty draft, Bush is by far the obvious choice. Even if he shares carries with Deuce for the next two years he is still the obvious choice. If you could go back and draft Larry Johnson or Lamont Jordan at 1.1 wouldn't you jump at that chance?

It's a dynasty draft, Bush is by far the obvious choice. Even if he shares carries with Deuce for the next two years he is still the obvious choice. If you could go back and draft Larry Johnson or Lamont Jordan at 1.1 wouldn't you jump at that chance?

1449816[/snapback]

Not necessarily. Like I said in the post Sarge started on draft day that asked the same question, your choice at 1.01 should depend on the makeup of the rest of your team*. If your team is one starting RB away from contending for a title, you should certainly consider which RB will get the most playing time. If, however, your team is either (a) completely stacked, with no need for another starting RB or (:D at least another year or two away from competing, then you should be perfectly fine to sit and wait for the "better" player to eventually earn his starting job.

In this case, however, the consensus "best player" -- Bush -- is no guarantee to EVER be a 25-carry RB. As fantasy players, we'd like to hope that he'll somehow manage 20 touches per game, including catches, but it's kind of a stretch to start predicting 80 catches a year (5 per game) for a player who's not playing every down. When you factor in the presence of a great player like McAllister, Bush's "worst-case" prospects increase.

However, most people will take Bush #1 overall, for the same reason the Texans almost took him -- the fear factor. "If I pass on Reggie and he's the next 'Michael Jordan', people will make fun of me forever!!!" Personally, I don't think about it that way.

In fantasy football, a player's success has a LOT to do with his situation, along with his "talent" or "game impact". I fully believe Bush will be a great NFL player; I certainly wouldn't guarantee he'd be a great fantasy player.

*In this sense, Rajn's opinion on this matter is irrelevant, since he probably has the best RB corps in the history of 16-team fantasy leagues.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Well to me. There is a consensus no.1. And he aint no RB. He is a QB. And that would be a guy most people hate name Leinart. This is fantasy heaven. And Fantasy hell for the person you will play against for yrs to come. No he wont play this yr really. But after that......

Think about it. If you got Peyton Manning now. Say you draft him........

You would have Peyton Manning and C-Pepp in his prime that is. U would never worry about who to draft let lone who to play at the QB position on any given sunday. And give your hated match up yr in and yr out nightmares because if one goes down u dont miss a beat and if u have both. U would stay atop of scoring in the QB position even in bye weeks.

Not to mention, Boldin, Fitz, Edge, Pope and a O-line that they are trying to build together slow but show.

*In this sense, Rajn's opinion on this matter is irrelevant, since he probably has the best RB corps in the history of 16-team fantasy leagues.

1449841[/snapback]

Possibly because I had the foresight to draft Lamont Jordan late in the 10th round back in 04 and I traded for Larry Johnson later the same year.