[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins the Detroit QB battle?

revhookem

Don't be surprised if Orlovsky wins the starting job in camp. This kid was a winner everywhere he played (ok, so High School and College).  He's big, strong and smart. With Martz over there, he could bring out the best in him and make him a star.

1450379[/snapback]

I will be surprised, and I'm guessing the coaching staff will be as well -- otherwise why bring in BOTH Kitna and McCown?

I'm inlcined to think that the Detroit plan is to hope McCown is capable of starting and being a long term solution, but being unsure of that they have Kitna who is more of a known and upon whom they can rely for a season or two while either McCown or Orlovsky develops... or both fail, at which time they go to plan B.

I still think the starting QB of Detroit is worth a late-round flyer in fantasy... and being in a dynasty league myself, I'm leaning toward taking a chance on McCown if he is still available in the last 2-3 rds of our draft.

I will be surprised, and I'm guessing the coaching staff will be as well -- otherwise why bring in BOTH Kitna and McCown?

I'm inlcined to think that the Detroit plan is to hope McCown is capable of starting and being a long term solution, but being unsure of that they have Kitna who is more of a known and upon whom they can rely for a season or two while either McCown or Orlovsky develops... or both fail, at which time they go to plan B.

I still think the starting QB of Detroit is worth a late-round flyer in fantasy... and being in a dynasty league myself, I'm leaning toward taking a chance on McCown if he is still available in the last 2-3 rds of our draft.

1451686[/snapback]

The problem with my Lions QB's fantasy wise is that as bad as our conference was last year, the 1 thing they (the teams in our division)could all do well is defend against the pass. that is 6 games alone against tough secondaries.

I think we will be a middle of the pack passing team with excellent upside since we should be throwing from behind alot and the addition of Martz.

The problem with my Lions QB's fantasy wise is that as bad as our conference was last year, the 1 thing they (the teams in our division)could all do well is defend against the pass. that is 6 games alone against tough secondaries.

I think we will be a middle of the pack passing team with excellent upside since we should be throwing from behind alot and the addition of Martz.

1451691[/snapback]

That's good info, Doc. Thanks.