[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bush takes out a full page ad

rajncajn

"The welcome and support that I have received from the organization, the City of New Orleans, and the entire Saints community has been amazing. I am both excited and ready to do whatever I can to help this team and community move forward. There is a resilient, hopeful, and winning attitude in New Orleans and with the Saints, that is contagious.

I'm looking forward to an amazing career in New Orleans.

Reggie Bush

New Orleans Saint

:D

Seems like a class act. He has started out on the right foot. Now he needs to get his contract signed and get into camp on time!!!

I would hate to think he is doing all this to force Benson to give him a HUGH contract!

Seems like a class act.  He has started out on the right foot.  Now he needs to get his contract signed and get into camp on time!!!

I would hate to think he is doing all this to force Benson to give him a HUGH contract!

1450064[/snapback]

Totally agree, but either way I think this is the way to win over his biggest critics!

This is so orchestrated. It makes me like him a lot less than I did 4 minutes ago.

If he wants to help the city of New Orleans so much, why not negotiate for a salary half of what he would have normally, to be matched in reclimation donations for the city by Benson.

This is so orchestrated.  It makes me like him a lot less than I did 4 minutes ago.

If he wants to help the city of New Orleans so much, why not negotiate for a salary half of what he would have normally, to be matched in reclimation donations for the city by Benson.

1450262[/snapback]

How exactly would him taking less money help the city of New Orleans? That would actually mean there would be less money going into the economy.

This is so orchestrated.  It makes me like him a lot less than I did 4 minutes ago.

1450262[/snapback]

I think you are being quite critical. Reggie Bush has always been a nice guy and a pretty humble guy if anything. To say that it's easy for a player to take half of what they normally would get it is crazy; would you do that? Easier said than done. It would speak volumes of him but I don't think he needs to do that to show what kind of person he is. How many other athletes do that? I can only think of a few, the most recent was Alonzo Mourning donating part if not all of his salary to kidney research I believe. Either way, I have no doubt he will be a big part of the New Orleans area rebuilding project, whether it be financially or him setting up stuff actually. A big thumbs up to Reggie in my book :D.

Edited by Goopster24

How exactly would him taking less money help the city of New Orleans? That would actually mean there would be less money going into the economy.

1450282[/snapback]

Say he was originally demanding $54 million over 6 years. Instead, he takes a multi-generational life altering $27.5 million (in salary - we aren't even talking endorsement cash). He signs with the agreement that T. Benson will donate a matching $27.5 million to New Orleans reclamation. How the hell is that "less" money going into the economy?? And Holy Salary Cap relief for the Ain'ts Batman!

And btw, Goopster, Brett Favre donated approximately 30 Tractor TRUCKLOADS of relief supplies. Steve McNair about half that. Athletes giving back is not unprecedented...

Edited by MikeTice

Say he was originally demanding $54 million over 6 years.  Instead, he takes a multi-generational life altering $27.5 million (in salary - we aren't even talking endorsement cash).  He signs with the agreement that T. Benson will donate a matching $27.5 million to New Orleans reclamation.  How the hell is that "less" money going into the economy??  And Holy Salary Cap relief for the Ain'ts Batman!

And btw, Goopster, Brett Favre donated approximately 30 Tractor TRUCKLOADS of relief supplies.  Steve McNair about half that.  Athletes giving back is not unprecedented...

1450520[/snapback]

I'm talking about donating a portion of their paycheck. Donating items in general is sorta different.

Edited by Goopster24

Copycat.  You think Brees told him this would be a good idea?  Posturing at it's best.

1450535[/snapback]

EXACTLY!

1450546[/snapback]

Just because Brees did it first, it's posturing and phony? Come on people, have a little faith. Would he have done this if Brees didn't? We can never know for sure. But so what if he said "hey, that's a good idea... I'm happy to be here, and want fans to know it... so I'll do the same".

:D Get off your high horses (and for Brent, that has multiple meanings :D ) already.

Just because Brees did it first, it's posturing and phony?  Come on people, have a little faith.  Would he have done this if Brees didn't?  We can never know for sure.  But so what if he said "hey, that's a good idea... I'm happy to be here, and want fans to know it... so I'll do the same".

:D  Get off your high horses (and for Brent, that has multiple meanings :D ) already.

1450558[/snapback]

It's totally ghey and you know it.

Kinda like when we made out with each other last week when you were in town. ::D

:D

Say he was originally demanding $54 million over 6 years.  Instead, he takes a multi-generational life altering $27.5 million (in salary - we aren't even talking endorsement cash).  He signs with the agreement that T. Benson will donate a matching $27.5 million to New Orleans reclamation.  How the hell is that "less" money going into the economy??  And Holy Salary Cap relief for the Ain'ts Batman!

And btw, Goopster, Brett Favre donated approximately 30 Tractor TRUCKLOADS of relief supplies.  Steve McNair about half that.  Athletes giving back is not unprecedented...

1450520[/snapback]

I'm positive that over the course of his career Bush wil do more than his fair share to help the community. I didn't see Favre or McNair or any pro athelete anywhere for that matter give up half their initial earnings when they first joined a pro team. It's easy for them to give now, they're already millionaires.

Just because Brees did it first, it's posturing and phony?  Come on people, have a little faith.  Would he have done this if Brees didn't?  We can never know for sure.  But so what if he said "hey, that's a good idea... I'm happy to be here, and want fans to know it... so I'll do the same".

:D  Get off your high horses (and for Brent, that has multiple meanings :D ) already.

1450558[/snapback]

Exactly :D