[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Undrafted NFL stars

DMD

They use the term "star" way too loosely.

1450434[/snapback]

Maybe the term "NFL Starter" would be more correct.

EDIT: Not to say alot of these players are not star players.

Edited by XFlash

Haven't you heard? He's history, didn't impress at the mini-camp. The same goes for every other offensive player Martz doesn't have a HUGE hard-on for. I'm sorry Kevin Jones, but that means you too.

1451076[/snapback]

Like, as good as gone or gone? Saw him play on Saturdays down the street (he was actually scholarshipped to play BB) and always wondered why they never got him more involved. Saw him play a couple Sunday's last year on TV and it reinforced that thought. Seems like he did a good job as a possesion WR for the Lions after the injuries. Plus they didn't even have to draft him, let alone in the first round.

He is listed with IND.

1451063[/snapback]

Right you are. Didn't see that. Maybe I just still can't bring myself to look under IND for Vinatieri. :doah:

Although he was drafted, how did Bart Starr last until the 17th round?

1452209[/snapback]

At that time, there was a lot less scouting, along with the fact there were only 12 teams caused a 30-round draft. So more speculation with Starr being the 200th player chosen in the 1956 draft.

Edited by Big John

At that time, there was a lot less scouting, along with the fact there were only 12 teams caused a 30-round draft.  So more speculation with Starr being the 200th player chosen in the 1956 draft.

1452221[/snapback]

As far as I know Starr is the lowest drafted player in the Hall of Fame.

If you mean by round, Raymond Barry and Art Donovan were drafted in the 20th round.

http://www.ravensnests.com/hofame.htm

1452324[/snapback]

According to Draft History.com, Roosevelt(Rosey)Brown was taken in the 27th round with the 321st overall selection. I don't know why I thought it was Starr. Maybe I was thinking of the QB position only(which he was lowest).

Draft History

Edited by Huddled Masses

According to Draft History.com, Roosevelt(Rosey)Brown was taken in the 27th round with the 321st overall selection. I don't know why I thought it was Starr. Maybe I was thinking of the QB position only(which he was lowest).

Draft History

1452383[/snapback]

OK, I stopped at a lower but not the lowest draft position. :doah:

So NFL GMs can debate whether to use that high first round pick on a QB, or whether they should just offer an extra 5k bonus to the FA QB class.........you might get a pretty good QB either way...

Some excellent FFL contributors in this list!

Kurt Warner - Absolute best FFL STUD for 2 season.

Priest Holmes - Absolute best FFL STUD for __ seasons (3 or 4, can't remember)

Gates - not the best in all of FFL., but certainly for TEs in last 2 years!

Great post!