[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

every year a team climbs up from the depths

dfv87

I like either Detroit or Minnesota

Yeah I know I am a MN homer, but...

MN and Detroit have new coaches...could be bad but could reenergize the team.

Both play in the NFC Central... Now Chi was 13-3 last year and I give them credit but c'mon you cannot count on winning 5 games a year by a FG. It could happen again but Chi did not address their issues on Offense and will struggle to score.

Both will have Veteran QB's... Johnson and Kitna understand the game and will not snatch defeat from the grip of victory with dumb plays ala C-pep and Joey.

Both Teams are addressing team speed issues and DL play, which is part of the NFL winning formula.

Yeah some will say that they both will be door mats again, but each year there is a team that rises up from the lower ranks and competes past the first round of the playoffs. In vegas you could get good odds on these 2, what is a $10 bet anyway??

:D Just some food for thought or canon fodder for others.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made this pick on a predictions thread prior to Reggie Bush being drafted:

New Orleans Saints

I've just got a feeling about this team. There is and has always been talent there, but, I really felt like the coaching staff could never get anything out of them, and, I felt like Aaron Brooks seemed to play with very little heart, desire, or leadership. I look for the Saints to go 10-6 and snag a wildcard spot in the playoffs.

I like either Detroit or Minnesota

Yeah I know I am a MN homer, but...

MN and Detroit have new coaches...could be bad but could reenergize the team.

Both play in the NFC Central... Now Chi was 13-3 last year and I give them credit but c'mon you cannot count on winning 5 games a year by a FG. It could happen again but Chi did not address their issues on Offense and will struggle to score.

Both will have Veteran QB's... Johnson and Kitna understand the game and will not snatch defeat from the grip of victory with dumb plays ala C-pep and Joey.

Both Teams are addressing team speed issues and DL play, which is part of the NFL winning formula.

Yeah some will say that they both will be door mats again, but each year there is a team that rises up from the lower ranks and competes past the first round of the playoffs. In vegas you could get good odds on these 2, what is a $10 bet anyway??

:D Just some food for thought or canon fodder for others.

1450895[/snapback]

I don't think the Vikes will be climbing from the depths, they would of made the playoffs last year had it not been for Tice and at 9-7 despite that I expect them to be in the playoffs next year.

I wish I was as optimistic as you about my Lions, I see another horrible year ,but, a horrible year that will for the 1st time in years give us real hope the following season.

The Packers. It's Favre final year. You saw how they played for him when his father died.

They'll do it again. I can see them winning the division this year.

If Palmer is back the Bengals.

I made this pick on a predictions thread prior to Reggie Bush being drafted: 

New Orleans Saints

I've just got a feeling about this team.  There is and has always been talent there, but, I really felt like the coaching staff could never get anything out of them, and, I felt like Aaron Brooks seemed to play with very little heart, desire, or leadership.  I look for the Saints to go 10-6 and snag a wildcard spot in the playoffs.

1450901[/snapback]

:D Although I think we're another year out from making any serious noise I think we'll have a good shot at a wildcard this year.

I see Baltimore, Cleveland, New Orleans and Arizona having better than expected years and maybe 3 of the 4 making the playoffs.

New England, Miami, Kansas City and Philadelphia will disappoint.

edit to add: so will Chicago

Edited by wcd480

I think the Cards will have a good year if Warner stays healthy. I know the Cards are suppose to be better every year and they always........ well, you know. But this is their year. 11-5 or 10-6. Maybe 9-7 or 8-8, but no worse. I think. But they will be better than last year. Maybe. But I pick the Cards

I see Baltimore, Cleveland, New Orleans and Arizona having better than expected years and maybe 3 of the 4 making the playoffs. 

1450938[/snapback]

:D

:D

1450938[/snapback]

No way do 3 of those 4 teams make the playoffs imo. I can see it definitely for AZ... wouldn't put a dime on Balt, Cle or NO.

And out of your disappointing teams, I agree that KC & Philly at least have the possibility of disappointing... but I think NE will be a playoff team yet again, and Miami will at least be in competition to the end of the year. jmho

Mia will make the playoffs and maybe make some noise once they get there

1450976[/snapback]

+1

I listed New Orleans, as they are a bigger jump up, but, I always think Miami makes the playoffs this year.

The Packers. It's Favre final year. You saw how they played for him when his father died.

They'll do it again. I can see them winning the division this year.

1450912[/snapback]

Only if they get to play that same Oakland team that quit 16 times next year.