[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

every year a team climbs up from the depths

dfv87

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously Randall, I know every Packer fan in the world is thinking there is some sort of hope that Favre regains his passion for the game and leads an underdog team to the playoffs and goes out with a bang...

unfortunately it will be but a fizzle...

Those that do are usually right.......  :D

1451016[/snapback]

So tell me how they can disappoint when they last won a playoff game in 93' :D

:D

So tell me how they can disappoint when they last won a playoff game in 93' :D

1451026[/snapback]

Well, there always a 'sexy' pick heading into the season, as they always have offensive weapons. However, after they lose a couple of 42-38 games, people start to realize that they still have no defense to go along with their stellar offense. :D

I'd like to see the Chiefs improve, as they now have both LJ and Tamba playing major roles......

I don't think the Bengals are coming from the depths exactly.  They are the defending  AFC North division champs.

1450922[/snapback]

That's true. They haven't won a playoff game yet though and I meant they will go deep in the playoffs. My bad.

Seriously Randall, I know every Packer fan in the world is thinking there is some sort of hope that Favre regains his passion for the game and leads an underdog team to the playoffs and goes out with a bang...

unfortunately it will be but a fizzle...

1451023[/snapback]

I know but we are an optimistic lot. :D

Edited by Randall

The cupboard is hardly bare in GB - one can hope that the influx of talent on the OL and D and a little luck on the injury front helps them rebound. I'm certainly not predicting SB but staying in the running for a playoff spot doesn't seem THAT far-fetched.

I think Edge makes a bid for MVP by giving the Az offense balance - generally a good O with a bad D gets you to 7-9/8-8; if their D is worth anything, that puts them near the playoffs. I don't think a rookie Bush is worth that in NO (but a decent HC in Payton and a healthy McAllister surely can't hurt the Saints).

AFC, my best guess is that LenDale White and Billy Volek help take the Titans back to respectability. I'd also be willing to put some $$ down on Crennel getting the Browns back in the thick of things.

In the NFC, as mentioned by others, I think it'll be Arizona. New RB to take the load off that pass-happy O, and an improving D (that was ranked something like 8 last year?).

In the AFC, not sure how far they can go, maybe 8-8 or so, but Houston is my pick. Worked on that O-line with two high picks(at least for where they usually pick them), and helped that D with Mario and D'Quell. Not to mention a HC that knows how to move the ball.

Houston and Arizona for me!!

In the AFC, not sure how far they can go, maybe 8-8 or so, but Houston is my pick. Worked on that O-line with two high picks(at least for where they usually pick them), and helped that D with Mario and D'Quell. Not to mention a HC that knows how to move the ball.

1451491[/snapback]

Kubiak was pretty clearly the best coaching hire off the offseason.

Still, with Houston, I'd go with the old saw that a new HC doesn't usually show progress until year 2.

+1. Hey, the good news is, Randull finally posted something funny.

1450989[/snapback]

It's more funny sad than haha.

I'm going with the Saints and the Phins. Minny doesn't qualify because how could a 9-7 team that started 1-5 be considered coming from the depths? In fact, Vegas gives them better odds to win the NFCN than the Bears.

I'm going with the Saints and the Phins. Minny doesn't qualify because how could a 9-7 team that started 1-5 be considered coming from the depths? In fact, Vegas gives them better odds to win the NFCN than the Bears.

1451522[/snapback]

So you're dogging people for picking the 9-7 Vikes while you pick the 9-7 Phins. :D

This pick may be tainted with homerism, but I look for the 6-10 Eagles to make the playoffs with a 10-6 season.

Lets see: Starting QB and RB both back and healthy. WR cancer ejected. Two 1st round-caliber players drafted, two others expected to make major contributions.. Upgrade at DE, LB, OL via free agency.

Add a fullback, and I'd say they are primed for a turnaround. :D

The Packers. It's Favre final year. You saw how they played for him when his father died.

They'll do it again. I can see them winning the division this year.

1450912[/snapback]

1450940[/snapback]

+1 * 100 :D

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

AFC: Miami

NFC: Arizona

1450979[/snapback]

I agree with you on this one. To be more specific, I totally agree with Arizona, and tried to find a team in the AFC who might have a better chance at being a 'come-back team' than Miami and only see the Ravens. So the AFC is a toss-up for me; either Miami or the Ravens. :D

Arizona.

1450937[/snapback]

Although they're not exactly climbing from the depths, I also like what Atlanta has done with their D. They'll be back strong this year.

(Disclaimer - I am a Falcants fan)

Edited by Big Score 1

So you're dogging people for picking the 9-7 Vikes while you pick the 9-7 Phins.  :D

1451532[/snapback]

:D[moran] i had completely forgotten they did that well. [/moran]New AFC pick will be.....the Jets, and a more obvious one being Baltimore if they get McNair.

As a Buffalo fan, Ill say them. I think they SURPRISE this year, but not really rise from the depth so to speak. Id bet they have a top 10 defense this year, which in turn will help the offense, which should better their 5-11 record of last year.

But if you want my prediction of "rise from the depths"....Ill go with AZ. Seems every year theyre getting more and more dangerous.

This pick may be tainted with homerism, but I look for the 6-10 Eagles to make the playoffs with a 10-6 season.

Lets see: Starting QB and RB both back and healthy. WR cancer ejected. Two 1st round-caliber players drafted, two others expected to make major contributions.. Upgrade at DE, LB, OL via free agency.

Add a fullback, and I'd say they are primed for a turnaround.  :D

1451640[/snapback]

I certainly don't think the Eagles are as bad as circumstances made them looks last year, but, I still don't think that they have any serious threat at WR, though Brown has potential, and the rest of that division has clearly gotten better. The road is going to be tough for the Birds.

Detroit

Arizona

Cleveland

Detroit may be a year away, but the talent they have on offense could be scary...

Arizona should be improved with James, perhaps with a good enough ground game to grind some games out in the 4th quarter instead of having to throw all of the time...

Not so sure about Cleveland, but I just see Miami (my other pick in the AFC) struggling a little more in a tough division.