[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My first mock of the year

DMD

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I noticed a couple of things with your draft. 3 Baltimore players. Do you think Mason is going to do as well as last year, or do you see a slight improvement? He might be a little better having one year under his belt. Not sure about the RB situation. Jones is a major risk this year. It could be a huge 50/50 split in Dallas. Same goes for Balt. with Lewis/Anderson. The handcuff of the two could work out at some point during the year, but could also lead to a full years worth of RBBC.

That might be some what late (maybe), but how many of these running back would you not choose before him?

:D

This is interesting though...

1451748[/snapback]

That's a good point, and an even better question. I'd say that CMart is once again undervalued so I'd put him where Bush is, and put Bush and McCallister in the group after Rueben Droughns: 3rd rounders.

Then again, Bell looks like a steal too.

Okay, so I noticed a couple of things with your draft.  3 Baltimore players.  Do you think Mason is going to do as well as last year, or do you see a slight improvement?  He might be a little better having one year under his belt.  Not sure about the RB situation.  Jones is a major risk this year.  It could be a huge 50/50 split in Dallas.  Same goes for Balt. with Lewis/Anderson.  The handcuff of the two could work out at some point during the year, but could also lead to a full years worth of RBBC.

1453502[/snapback]

McNair to Mason has a familiar ring to it

Okay, so I noticed a couple of things with your draft.  3 Baltimore players.  Do you think Mason is going to do as well as last year, or do you see a slight improvement?  He might be a little better having one year under his belt.  Not sure about the RB situation.  Jones is a major risk this year.  It could be a huge 50/50 split in Dallas.  Same goes for Balt. with Lewis/Anderson.  The handcuff of the two could work out at some point during the year, but could also lead to a full years worth of RBBC.

1453502[/snapback]

I took Jamal Lewis as my RB3 and then Mike Anderson to just back him up. I thought it was a great value where I took Lewis and Anderson is a prudent enough move for any team with Lewis.

I wanted Andre Johnson but he went with the pick before me. I opted for Mason only because he is almost certainly to be reunited with McNair and he should increase his numbers. Nothing dramatic but consistent enough to help out each week.

The only mistake I made was my final pick in the 12th when it caught me screwing around with my preselects. I got Wilford but I would not take two JAX WR in a real draft. I was trying to change it to another RB like rookie Maurice Drew when I got caught.

Did I mention that I will NEVER draft Bulger again ... surprised how high Palmer went. I have him in one of my dynasty leagues and have considered cutting him because of his high salary cap liability. Vick always goes too high.

Wow ... CPep went too high too.

Edited by Grits and Shins

The only mistake I made was my final pick in the 12th when it caught me screwing around with my preselects. I got Wilford but I would not take two JAX WR in a real draft. I was trying to change it to another RB like rookie Maurice Drew when I got caught.

1453764[/snapback]

I looked at how you had Jimmy Smith & Ernest Wilford and thought to myself,

"Hmmmm....DMD must be onto something here.

It's early now, so he took Jimmy Smith as Jax #1 WR, but maybe heard something about Smith getting traded or released and Wilford becoming Jax #1 WR, so he took Wilford late to cover." :D

Thought I was being clever by figuring that out.

Now you tell me it was all a mistake :D

So do I which is why I was diappointed to see someone else having such a high opinion of him. Not sure I like him #5 best, but I like him alot to be sure.

1451728[/snapback]

I see him swinging between 6-9 with SJax and Caddy...Edge looms around there as well...

See, I must be really lucky. I get to keep 6 players and choose from this list:

Alexander, Shaun

Jones,Kevin

Holt,Torry

Williams,Roy

Foster,De'shaun

Palmer,Carson

Hasselbeck,Matt

I think my only choice to make is either Hasselbeck (a great backup QB until Palmer get healthy) or De'shaun Foster (not sure exactly how he will do next year). Anyone else have some insight to help out?

1451736[/snapback]

drop Foster...

Roy Williams is a top ten WR?  :D

1453445[/snapback]

With Kitna as QB, I would not be surprised. Though not a long-term solution, he knows who to throw the ball too. He threw to CJ in his 2nd and 3rd breakout years.

"Hmmmm....DMD must be onto something here.

It's early now, so he took Jimmy Smith as Jax #1 WR, but maybe heard something about Smith getting traded or released and Wilford becoming Jax #1 WR, so he took Wilford late to cover." :D

1454000[/snapback]

Ok, so Jimmy Sniff retired, instead of getting traded or released. :D

But See! I knew you were on to something DMD. :D

Thought that was too early and so did everyone else. He has a new QB this year so no way he should be drafted so much higher from the risk. Still the #1, but the TE's starting in the second like that? I don't much see it.

Be interesting to see how different this was from August drafts.

1451665[/snapback]

I agree. :D