[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh Henry!

From WCPO in Cincinnati.

Prosecutor: Chris Henry Investigated For Sex Crime    :D

He's already had a couple of run-ins with the law, but there may be more trouble brewing for Bengals player Chris Henry.

Police tell 9News they were called out to a Covington hotel early Monday morning for an alleged sexual assault.

However 9News was told that Henry was not at the hotel when police arrived.

Kenton County chief prosecutor Ken Easterling told 9News little about what police are looking at but did confirm that the run to the hotel and he investigation of Chris Henry are related.

"Can't really comment on where the investigation is going, I simply will indicate there is an investigation," said Easterling.

"It's very preliminary and certainly the Covington police are involved in the investigation," added Easterling. "As soon as they determine whether or not charges should be brought they will bring them."

"The only thing that I'm really going to indicate is Chris Henry is being investigated for potential criminal activity that occurred here in Covington. The crime is sexual in nature," said Easterling.

No formal charges though have been filed at this point.

"The findings are very preliminary, the Covington police is involved in the investigation and as soon as they determine if charges should be brought we will bring them," he added.

In the meantime police are still investigating the case and at this point are still trying to talk to any potential witnesses.

"Certainly when the witnesses have been interviewed and evidence has been looked at we'll certainly decide whether or not there's enough for purposes of probable cause," said Easterling. "Then we'll proceed as the evidence mandates."

Henry's legal troubles here started last year when he was arrested in Covington for possession of Josh Gordon.

Henry avoided jail time on a Josh Gordon charge from the December 2005 arrest in Covington by pleading guilty and entering a drug rehab program.

Henry's legal entanglements aren't confined to Covington.

On May 30 he faces a felony concealed firearm charge out of Orlando, Florida following an incident there earlier this year.

Henry allegedly brandished a stolen handgun during a confrontation outside a club.

That episode may have put his freedom, let alone career, in jeopardy.

A Bengals spokesman says the team is aware of this new allegation and is mounting its own inquiry.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

From a Bengals fan site,a poster stated that a local news station just updated the story.

A local TV station reported tonight that Chris Henry is no longer under investigation for the alleged sex crime. Their story says that Henry loaned his credit card to a friend who rented a hotel room. Allegedly a sex crime was commited at that hotel and Henry's credit card linked him into the investigation. The story goes on to say that it now appears that Henry was not at the hotel and was not involved in the incident at all.

I guess we'll find out pretty soon.

Chris,can I borrow your credit card?

Their story says that Henry loaned his credit card to a friend who rented a hotel room. Allegedly a sex crime was commited at that hotel and Henry's credit card linked him into the investigation. The story goes on to say that it now appears that Henry was not at the hotel and was not involved in the incident at all.[/b]

I guess we'll find out pretty soon.

Chris,can I borrow your credit card?

1452058[/snapback]

Isn't this similar to the alibi Onterio Smith used?

"Man, that's not my Wizzinator, I'm just holding it for a friend. My Wizzie is the "Dark Chocolate" model"

This chit (all of Henry's transgressions) really is too bad.

Technically, the Bengals can't do anything yet (legal/players union rules), but if Paul Brown were still around, he'd already have someone else in his locker. And he'd have told Henry, 'You're fired as soon as we're legally allowed'

I honestly wonder if the Bengals will keep him or dump him.

Sad, Henry really gave the Offense another big weapon (to force a little coverage off Chad). What a f'n waste.

Thurman was another character issue guy (there's a chitload of them folks, not just those the Bengals are considering), but so far he's "clean" I believe

"(KFFL) Updating a previous report, WKRC.com reports Cincinnati Bengals officials believe WR Chris Henry was not involved in any criminal activity and believe at this time he will not be charged with any crime. Team officials had conversations with Henry and investigators over allegations that Henry was involved in "alleged crime of a sexual nature." Henry was implicated in the investigation because he allegedly gave his credit card to a friend to use at the Covington hotel over the weekend. When the complaint involving a crime of sexual nature was filed by the female, the credit card led investigators to Henry. He was not at the hotel when police contacted him. "

Write me a poem, Megan Fox.

1452861[/snapback]

It is too easy...... :D:D

Steelers Super Bowl Champions while the Ravens are a laughing stock..........life is good. :D

"(KFFL) Updating a previous report, WKRC.com reports Cincinnati Bengals officials believe WR Chris Henry was not involved in any criminal activity and believe at this time he will not be charged with any crime. Team officials had conversations with Henry and investigators over allegations that Henry was involved in "alleged crime of a sexual nature." Henry was implicated in the investigation because he allegedly gave his credit card to a friend to use at the Covington hotel over the weekend. When the complaint involving a crime of sexual nature was filed by the female, the credit card led investigators to Henry. He was not at the hotel when police contacted him. "

1452633[/snapback]

That's only slightly good news even for Chris Henry himself. Those gun charges sound really serious.