[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TD Vultures Club: Who have been

msaint

It's a long, proud tradition in fantasy football: the Touchdown Vulture. You love 'em. You hate 'em. You mostly hate 'em when they poach an easy TD from your starting RB.

Moe Williams: 2002 -- 414 yds, 11 TD

Stacey Mack: 2002 -- 436 yds, 9 TD

Mike Alstott: 2001 -- 680 yds, 10 TD

Leroy Hoard:1999 -- 555 yds, 10 TD

and the grandfather of all vultures...Pete Banaszak: 1975 -- 672 yards, and 16 TD!

Who else have I forgotten in this illustrious group? :D

1451844[/snapback]

Tommy Vardell - 21 TD (18 rush, 3 receiving) career

Most notorious 1998 37 rushing yards, 6 TD - 143 receiving yds, 1 rec TD.

Edited by Big John

It's a long, proud tradition in fantasy football: the Touchdown Vulture. You love 'em. You hate 'em. You mostly hate 'em when they poach an easy TD from your starting RB.

Moe Williams: 2002 -- 414 yds, 11 TD

Stacey Mack: 2002 -- 436 yds, 9 TD

Mike Alstott: 2001 -- 680 yds, 10 TD

Leroy Hoard:1999 -- 555 yds, 10 TD

and the grandfather of all vultures...Pete Banaszak: 1975 -- 672 yards, and 16 TD!

1451844[/snapback]

Marcus Allen in KC perhaps?

doesn't seem like there are many clear-cut vultures in the league right now, like there used to be. giants/coughlin wanted to make jacobs one heading into last season, i think, but he kept fumbling.

I had Rob Riddick on Buffalo one year - he had a TD every week and very, very few yards. I'll try to look up the year & the stats.

Edit: Found it: 1988 Riddick had only 438 rushing yards with 12 TD's + 1 TD recept.

Edited by Controller

I remember Rhett killing me in a couple fantasy games with under 10yds. and three tds. He did that pretty much all season, can't remember which though. Just some bad memories. :D

1452255[/snapback]

:D He never got more than 2 TDs in a game. Which happened in 1995 and 1999.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/RhetEr00.htm

If you are talking "pure" TD vulture, Crockett was king. No other running back gained so many TDs with so LITTLE Yards from 1999 to 2003....check out the numbers.

Gruden-Years

1999 45 91 2.0 4 TDs

2000 43 130 3.0 7 TDs

2001 57 145 2.5 6 TDs

Callihan-Years

2002 40 118 3.0 8 TDs

2003 48 145 3.0 7 TDs

Even when big ol Tyrone Wheatley was running the rock for Gruden, Crockett would come in at least once a game to take a crack at the endzone.

All the vulturing ended when Norv came to town though...

Turner-Years

2004 48 232 4.8 2 TDs

2005 60 208 3.5 1 TDs

Norv believed in sticking with his work-horse near the goal-line (Jordan)...resulting in Jordan finishing with good rushing Yards but great TD numbers in 2005.

With Shell back, who knows whats going to happen to (32-33 year old) Crockett...personally I believe his effectiveness near the goal-line has diminished (not the best blocker anymore and doesnt have the burst he used to have for short-yardage)...his days are numbered.