[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie RB's

There is so much talk about the top 5 backs in this years NFL draft and just like every other year, a later drafted RB steps up. Who will it be? MDrew, JNorwood, LWashington? Any ideas or thoughts? I personally think that JNorwood will be the best of this group, Duckett gone next year and Dunn is old.

There is so much talk about the top 5 backs in this years NFL draft and just like every other year, a later drafted RB steps up.  Who will it be? MDrew, JNorwood, LWashington?  Any ideas or thoughts?  I personally think that JNorwood will be the best of this group, Duckett gone next year and Dunn is old.

1453052[/snapback]

I said before the draft that I thought Maurice Drew was being under-valued. He is my pick.

There is so much talk about the top 5 backs in this years NFL draft and just like every other year, a later drafted RB steps up.  Who will it be? MDrew, JNorwood, LWashington?  Any ideas or thoughts?  I personally think that JNorwood will be the best of this group, Duckett gone next year and Dunn is old.

1453052[/snapback]

If he can stay healthy I like Washingotn. I also like Brian Calhoun.

You think Calhoun will ever get a chance behind KJones?

1453077[/snapback]

C'mon!! Earl The 1-Legged Pirate almost got a chance behind KJones last year :D ... I think the rook will get some looks in Detroit this year ...

if KJ keeps leaving games like he did last year, they'll give him a shot...

I like Calhoun and DeAngelo...

1453106[/snapback]

+1. When Jones gets hurt he'll get a shot.

He is good catching the ball out of the backfield and may play his way onto the team.

Shawn Bryson and Artose Pinner got chances behing KJones, why wouldn't Calhoun? :D

1455387[/snapback]

...ummmm....

Maybe because there is an entirely different coaching staff with different philosophies as to how players should be used?

Nah.

That's a dumb reason.

You're prolly right. Just because the old regime did something that didn't work, I'm sure that the new regime will do the same ineffective things ... simply because they're the Lions.

...ummmm....

Maybe because there is an entirely different coaching staff with different philosophies as to how players should be used?

Nah.

That's a dumb reason.

You're prolly right.  Just because the old regime did something that didn't work, I'm sure that the new regime will do the same ineffective things ... simply because they're the Lions.

1455662[/snapback]

Well it wasn't just the coaching that gave them shots. Kevin Jones has shown a tendency towards nagging injuries.

I don't know that he could the workload necessary to justify him as my selection for this thread, but Jerome Harrison will make an immediate impact in the return game as well as add big-play potential to the Browns.

Well it wasn't just the coaching that gave them shots. Kevin Jones has shown a tendency towards nagging injuries.

1455669[/snapback]

The only way to tst what Calhoun can do is in games. I think he'll start out as a 3rd down back, catching out of the backfield, if KJ gets hurt he'll get his shot.

Not for this season necessarily ... and maybe not necessarily dominating fantasy numbers ... but for contributions to an offense, tuck this one away in your mind for the future ... "with the 240th pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steeeeeeelers select Cedric Humes, Running Back, Virginia Tech." :D

Not for this season necessarily ... and maybe not necessarily dominating fantasy numbers ... but for contributions to an offense, tuck this one away in your mind for the future ... "with the 240th pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steeeeeeelers select Cedric Humes, Running Back, Virginia Tech."  :D

1455799[/snapback]

I am a black and gold homer and LOVED that pick by the Stillers, will be able to get him hopefully in the last round or via free agency. Parker will need a little help there and I don't believe that Staley is a good complement for FWP.

Edited by jake_the_builder

The new Detroit Staff is not impreesed with KJ from what I hear. CalHoun will get a shotat showing what he has.

Drew in Jacksonville will also get a shot at some point this season in my opinion.

But my vote is for J Norwood. It may not be this season but this kid can play in the right situation.

I'm not sure who will end up the best, but I am almost certain that Lendale White is the bust of the group.

1456005[/snapback]

I doubt it. Chow knows him too good from their years together at USC. He would not risk his rep on White if there was a problem. He feels pretty strong about him. He should be one of the 3 best RB in the draft this season.