[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Projections for Reuben Droughns?

revhookem

I don't see anyone ranking Droughns very high on keeper lists, dynasty lists, or draft lists. Whazzup? He has over 1200yds rushing in each of the past two seasons, and over 1500 total yds - two years ago with Denver, last season with the Browns. It seems to me that the Browns have said he is their guy (and that their 5th rd rookie pick may make a nice "change of pace" back to him)... so I'm not as worried about Suggs & WGreen stealing time from him. Is it that the offense struggled as a whole? That they are giving the reins to Frye?

What kind of #s do you see Droughns putting up over the next season or three?

I don't see anyone ranking Droughns very high on keeper lists, dynasty lists, or draft lists.  Whazzup?  He has over 1200yds rushing in each of the past two seasons, and over 1500 total yds - two years ago with Denver, last season with the Browns.  It seems to me that the Browns have said he is their guy (and that their 5th rd rookie pick may make a nice "change of pace" back to him)... so I'm not as worried about Suggs & WGreen stealing time from him.  Is it that the offense struggled as a whole?  That they are giving the reins to Frye?

What kind of #s do you see Droughns putting up over the next season or three?

1453694[/snapback]

With the absence of any player moves (at least so far), the Browns appear ready to stand pat with Droughns this season as well. The problem with Droughns is not his 1232 rushing yards last year, it was that he only scored two touchdowns all year.

With the absence of any player moves (at least so far), the Browns appear ready to stand pat with Droughns this season as well. The problem with Droughns is not his 1232 rushing yards last year, it was that he only scored two touchdowns all year.

1453700[/snapback]

I agree... and you're right, that explains all of the low rankings. In my league's scoring system, that really is not as much of an issue. Yardage is worth the most - and even # of carries & yds/carry are worth as much as rushing TDs. So in my thinking, in that kind of scoring league, Droughns is in the 16-20 range as far as ranking the RBs, as opposed to the 25-30 range in which I keep seeing him ranked.

1453700[/snapback]

And that the browns as a team were last in the league in points scored. "The Warrior" has been a complete bust since he was drafted, Braylon Edwards lost a knee somewhere between the 20's, and the Charlie Frye Exprerience hasn't been all that much of an experience.

If it were me, I would be generally avoiding Browns offensive players. They are just...offensive :D

He'll make a great #3 RB for filling in bye weeks or injuries. I wouldn't count on him for much more than that though.

In one of my local auction leagues I get to keep him for $1 this coming year (out of a $130 cap). I'm pretty happy about that, but I'll still be looking for a stud #1 and #2 RB.

And that the browns as a team were last in the league in points scored.  "The Warrior" has been a complete bust since he was drafted, Braylon Edwards lost a knee somewhere between the 20's, and the Charlie Frye Exprerience hasn't been all that much of an experience.

If it were me, I would be generally avoiding Browns offensive players.  They are just...offensive :D

1453713[/snapback]

he prefers "the Soldier" or "the Chosen One". i call him "the Kate Middleton" :D

Braylon will have a decent year...next year if he stays healthy watch out (w/ Frye having a year of getting pummeled behind him)

1453808[/snapback]

not quite sure I understand...are you saying that Braylon will have a decent year in '06 or '07?

I agree with '07. He might not be back this year until Oct. and even then will still have the tear in the back of his mind...

I don't see Droughns as a long-term back. He is a high effort, hard-nosed runner... Certainly at the low end of skill for starting RBs, but great effort and always get an extra yard. Two years ago in Denver, you saw him fighting for his life because he finally had a halfback job, but then dying at the end of the season. He is learning to protect himself a bit, but that takes away from his ability--- he is simply a punishing/get punished RB. I see him wearing down in a season or two due to his running style.

That said, I'm surprised he isn't a better goalline back. I think he should okay if the Browns get the ball near the goalline. 7-8 TDs is not out of reach.

I like the additions Savage & Crennell have made to the Browns O'line.

If everything falls into place, Droughns should do better than he did last year.

1453765[/snapback]

2 upgrades on OL...and then Jurevicius is a very good blocker...

the offense will be better as a whole...passing and running...and if KWII stays off his bike, you never know :D

Droughns is one of those guys that gets no love. He gets passed on in almost all drafts I see. I think he's great value for a third round pick considering you got yourself a stud receiver in the second. I don't foresee him getting that many catches again. I think he benefitted greatly with Sugg's injury in that area. Suggs will probably bump Droughns off the field this year on third down situations. The rookie Jerome Harrison has the look of a third down back too. Expect less carries, but a few more TDs can offset that.

Edited by TecmoBeast

Droughns is one of those guys that gets no love.  He gets passed on in almost all drafts I see.  I think he's great value for a third round pick considering you got yourself a stud receiver in the second.  I don't foresee him getting that many catches again.  I think he benefitted greatly with Sugg's injury in that area.  Suggs will probably bump Droughns off the field this year on third down situations.  The rookie Jerome Harrison has the look of a third down back too.  Expect less carries, but a few more TDs can offset that.

1455960[/snapback]

I don't see him taken that highas I'd only take him as a third RB but I agree and with no RB selected it looks like Romeo has found his RB.

This off season they've brought in the best center in the league, along with Juravicious, who seems to always have an impact on the game. Kellen Winsolow will be on the field healthy, along with Edwards, who should come on halfway through this year, along with the defense helping a lot more than last year. I think we'll see increases in his rushing yards and touchdowns. I honestly think 1300 and 6-8 td's this year is a safe projection. I know, I think a lot more of him than the rest of you.

This off season they've brought in the best center in the league, along with Juravicious, who seems to always have an impact on the game.  Kellen Winsolow will be on the field healthy, along with Edwards, who should come on halfway through this year, along with the defense helping a lot more than last year.  I think we'll see increases in his rushing yards and touchdowns.  I honestly think 1300 and 6-8 td's this year is a safe projection.  I know, I think a lot more of him than the rest of you.

1456217[/snapback]

I don't see any reason he can't maintain his yardage numbers and increase his tds.

Is he the best thing since sliced bread? No, but he's proven to be more than just a "Denver back" (like Olandis Gary) and racks up about 100 total yds a game. That's good enough to be a #2 on my team any day.

In my mocks I've seen him sitting there into the mid rounds. If you had a choice between the duo of Reggie Wayne/Reuben Droughns, or Chester Taylor/Andre Johnson, who would you take? I'll gladly take option 1. He represents great value. You can nab a much better WR and still get him a round later. No reason to think his yardage will decrease much, but his TD production really has nowhere to go but up from last year. Then again, this is what usually happens when you score just 2 TD's. You get overlooked the following year.

In my mocks I've seen him sitting there into the mid rounds.  If you had a choice between the duo of Reggie Wayne/Reuben Droughns, or Chester Taylor/Andre Johnson, who would you take?  I'll gladly take option 1.  He represents great value.  You can nab a much better WR and still get him a round later.  No reason to think his yardage will decrease much, but his TD production really has nowhere to go but up from last year.  Then again, this is what usually happens when you score just 2 TD's.  You get overlooked the following year.

1458058[/snapback]

I'd take AJ and CTaylor...especially in a PPR league..

having said that....this is what I project for Droughns if he starts at least 14 games...

1350 yds

9 rush TD's (more goalline chances this year)

slightly 400 rec yds

1 rec. TD

I'd take that....their offense and defense are better...they'll move the ball easier and have more chances...

+--------------------------+-------------------------+                |          Rushing         |        Receiving        |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |   Att  Yards    Y/A   TD |   Rec  Yards   Y/R   TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2005 cle |  16 |   309   1232    4.0    2 |    39    369   9.5    0 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

Considering the improvement to his O'line, improved D & hopefully KWII to start the season & Edwards later in the year, I'd say his 2005 #'s are the floor.

+--------------------------+-------------------------+                |          Rushing         |        Receiving        |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |   Att  Yards    Y/A   TD |   Rec  Yards   Y/R   TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2005 cle |  16 |   309   1232    4.0    2 |    39    369   9.5    0 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

Considering the improvement to his O'line, improved D & hopefully KWII to start the season & Edwards later in the year, I'd say his 2005 #'s are the floor.

1458779[/snapback]

exactly...exactly..

I'll take a serious look at Droughns as a late #2 or early #3 RB beginning about 38-40 picks in. His low TD totals bother me a little, though I'd expect them to improve. Though, it is worth noting that for PPR leagues, Droughns was tied for the 11th most receptions (39) and 8th most pass targets (56) out of all RBs last year.

Edited by yo mama

While I would agree about an improved line and that should not be undervalued, here is another interesting component of CLE this year - the schedule:

1 NO

2 @CIN

3 BAL

4 @OAK

5 @CAR

6 BYE

7 DEN

8 NYJ

9 @SD

10 @ATL

11 PIT

12 CIN

13 KC

14 @PIT

15 @BAL

16 TB

17 @HOU

Thos fantasy playoff weeks could be death to teams using Droughns. While the Ease of Schedule is still aging in an oak barrel right now, I happen to have noticed that CLE has one of the toughest rushing schedules in the entire NFL for 2006.

Just an observation.

Here is some extra because like I always give, give, give:

In 2007, the Browns will either draft a running back in the first round or acquire a very good free agent who will take over. Write it down but not on the table please - use paper.

While I would agree about an improved line and that should not be undervalued, here is another interesting component of CLE this year - the schedule:

1 NO

2 @CIN

3 BAL

4 @OAK

5 @CAR

6 BYE

7 DEN

8 NYJ

9 @SD

10 @ATL

11 PIT

12 CIN

13 KC

14 @PIT

15 @BAL

16 TB

17 @HOU

Thos fantasy playoff weeks could be death to teams using Droughns. While the Ease of Schedule is still aging in an oak barrel right now, I happen to have noticed that CLE has one of the toughest rushing schedules in the entire NFL for 2006.

Just an observation.

Here is some extra because like I always give, give, give:

In 2007, the Browns will either draft a running back in the first round or acquire a very good free agent who will take over. Write it down but not on the table please - use paper.

1458805[/snapback]

even better....I could move him when his value inflates and get a back that might be Chris Perry if Rudi is getting banged up...and still upgrade elsewhere..