[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whose window is closing or is closed!

dfv87

I will wager you any sig line, for any length of time, that the Eagles do not finish either below .500, or in last place.

1454645[/snapback]

Nah, I really don't care enough about it to make a sig line bet, just giving my opinion.......thanks for the offer though.

IMO, this is KC's last year with a window.

Once they lose Roaf / Shields to retirement, Green won't be far behind. And, neither will Gonzo. So, I guess a way to say it is that their window will be viable as long as Roaf, Shields, Green and Gonzo are playing at a high level. If one or more of them goes down / retires, it's all over for the next few years.

Carl Peterson has done a good job of putting out a "better than average" team for years ... but, has done a lousy job of putting out a SB-calibre team for more than one or two years at time. Our window was never really more than partially open at any time since we lost Montana and Marcus Allen...

The loss of McGinest is something to worry about, but I tend not to concern myself until after I see what the team does in June.  They have plenty of cap room to sign a couple of veteran LBs, and you know a few will be released for cap space.

I am also encouraged about their secondary.  People seem to think it will be a bad unit, but I think that even without the return of Harrison they will be decent.  Samuel, Wilson, Gay, Hobbs, and Scott are a good young group.  If they do get back a healthy Harrison and perhaps sign a guy like Law back they will have something to speak about.

I will be concerned about how they use Law, though, if he does come back.  IMHO he's a fifth defensive back, unless Harrison doesn't come back and Law steps in as a safety.

1454685[/snapback]

I don't think that Harrison will be nearly the same player after his "hat trick" knee ligament tear. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired.

Agreed that the Pats secondary is somewhat underrated (especially Wilson and Samuel), but those young DBs are going to have to develop REAL quickly if that group is going to be better than average this year. Couple that with the loss of McGinest, and I see their defense as worse, not better than last year. They've just lost too many vets and many of the ones still there are getting older (Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, etc.) and have nowhere to go but down. But I could defenitely see them getting better in '07 as some of the yonger players develop.

But at least they should be able to run the ball this year. (Both Dillon and Faulk appear to be done.) If Maroney stays healthy and lives up to expectations and their offense can play ball-control, it'll help out that defense tremendously.

I don't think that Harrison will be nearly the same player after his "hat trick" knee ligament tear.  I wouldn't be surprised if he retired.

1454859[/snapback]

Harrison doesn't seem like the quittin' kind to me. :D

Harrison doesn't seem like the quittin' kind to me.  :D

1454893[/snapback]

No, but that knee was really wrecked. They aren't supposed to bend sideways.

If he comes back, he will add more presence and attitude than skill.

No, but that knee was really wrecked.  They aren't supposed to bend sideways.

If he comes back, he will add more presence and attitude than skill.

1454896[/snapback]

Harrison will also be 34 this year. Not young, especially for a DB.

Although I agree the the NFC East is much better then the last few seasons, I think the Eagles will be better just due to the fact that they should be healthy. McNabb, Pinkston, Westbrook, Tra Thomas, Hank Fraley, etc. were all hurt last season. The fact that they will be back healthy next season will improve the team a lot. Plus the Eagles lost Corey Simon & Burgess in the offseason and never replaced them. The d-line should be much better with the addition of Darren Howard & Bunkley. With more pressure from the D-line it will help out the secondary. The only real weakness on the D is strong side LB.