[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who picks first in the draft in 07?

rajncajn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Buffalo making a very strong run next year. Have they done anything at all to try to get better?

1454165[/snapback]

New York Jets

They had a good off-season, but, they still have a lot of building to do.

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS. Browns are a close second.

1454173[/snapback]

The 49ers. Everyone else in their division seems to get better, while the rats keep jumping off the sinking ship.

They have no running attack worth noting and no receivers worth noting. They have a rookie tight end supplanting a tight end that plays 1.5 games per season. They have a QB that has a .091 career TD-INT ratio. I don;t know how their o-line looks, and they did pick up Lawson in the draft, but he's really an unproven commodity/workout warrior type.

Yup...the 9ers are the ticket. At least the Jets have hope if Pennington can play 6 games to win half of them.

:D ??????? 

care to explain why?  That would be one hell of a tumble.

1454207[/snapback]

Team continues to f*ck up their draft, still have no running game as far as Im concerned and Steve Smith wont be a top 5 fantasy Wr next yr, because teams will take him out of games. The defense will allow teams to run it down their throat, and their division got better, while they got worse.

Maybe not #1 overall, so I probably should have just said a top 10 pick next yr.

I change my vote to San Francisco

Oakland - their D is bad and getting old/worse and Collins departure won't help the offense any.

1454192[/snapback]

That I have to disagree with.

Huff will give them a hugh upgrade in the secondary, and while that might not make their defense great I think it's a nice improvement. That and they added another good prospect at safety in Bing, and an OLB in the second. No guarantee of success, but good steps toward improvement.

As far as their offense goes, there is no question in my mind they suffered from bad scheme last year. Randy Moss, Jerry Porter and Lamont jordan as your skill players? That's a nice trio. They just need to be put in a position to succeed, and I think that Aaron Brooks will add, not subtract from where Kerry Collins was.

Carolina

1454203[/snapback]

:D:D

I'll change my pick:

The Ravens, Bengals, Browns, and Eagles all battle it out...... :D

Edited by Menudo

If either the Titans or 49ers DON'T end up with the #1 pick, I'll be shocked. Seriously. Both of them will be horrible.

Interestingly, even if they don't end up #1, both are guaranteed to be in the top 10. Consider the following...

1. That would be THREE YEARS IN A ROW that both the 49ers and Titans picked in the top 10.

2. The cap ramifications would be astounding. How could two football teams each afford to pay 3 players -- all of whom have 3 or fewer years of experience -- top-10 money? Sometimes, just having the #1 pick can screw up a team's salary cap down the road. Three top-10s in a row? You can bet both will be trying EXTRA hard to trade down.

3. Despite being in the bottom-10 gutter of the NFL for three consecutive years, both coaching staffs will probably be retained. :D I would lay a lot of money that that's unprecedented.

The 49ers.  Everyone else in their division seems to get better, while the rats keep jumping off the sinking ship.

Yup...the 9ers are the ticket.  At least the Jets have hope if Pennington can play 6 games to win half of them.

1454189[/snapback]

I agree. They lost too much this year to get better.

If either the Titans or 49ers DON'T end up with the #1 pick, I'll be shocked. Seriously. Both of them will be horrible.

Interestingly, even if they don't end up #1, both are guaranteed to be in the top 10. Consider the following...

1. That would be THREE YEARS IN A ROW that both the 49ers and Titans picked in the top 10.

2. The cap ramifications would be astounding. How could two football teams each afford to pay 3 players -- all of whom have 3 or fewer years of experience -- top-10 money? Sometimes, just having the #1 pick can screw up a team's salary cap down the road. Three top-10s in a row? You can bet both will be trying EXTRA hard to trade down.

3. Despite being in the bottom-10 gutter of the NFL for three consecutive years, both coaching staffs will probably be retained. :D I would lay a lot of money that that's unprecedented.

1454259[/snapback]

the titans were 12-4 in 2003.

edit: and wasn't last year nolan's first? :D

Edited by Azazello1313

49ers or Texans

1454244[/snapback]

I think the Texans are going to surprise some people. They are by no means going to be a playoff contender, but, they will improve a good bit this year.