[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who picks first in the draft in 07?

rajncajn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Packers will be the worst team in football and should get the #1 pick. Old and mistake prone QB. Horrible offense line. Porous defense. This team is in deep trouble for years to come and isnt doing anything to address their long term needs.

The Packers will be the worst team in football and should get the #1 pick.  Old and mistake prone QB.  Horrible offense line.  Porous defense.  This team is in deep trouble for years to come and isnt doing anything to address their long term needs.

1455155[/snapback]

Sounds like a potential sig line bet. Titans or Packers.

2. The cap ramifications would be astounding. How could two football teams each afford to pay 3 players -- all of whom have 3 or fewer years of experience -- top-10 money? Sometimes, just having the #1 pick can screw up a team's salary cap down the road. Three top-10s in a row? You can bet both will be trying EXTRA hard to trade down.

1454259[/snapback]

This is a part of the cap management that often seems to get overlooked. It is hard to believe how the Redskins can just spend and spend every off season but part of the reason is that they are always trading draft picks away. I know last offseason when the Giants were able to sign McKenzie, Burress and Pierce one of the reasons they had the cap room was that they had traded their 1st rnd pick away.

Sounds like a potential sig line bet. Titans or Packers.

1455159[/snapback]

The Titans and Packers were both bad last year. Before last year, the Titans had to blow up the entire team in a salary cap move. It was done full well knowing that 2005 and 2006 would be rebuilding years, but the future would be brighter. The Titans were the youngest team in the league last year. And they will be even younger in 2006. But the Titans are making steps to improve the long term future of the team by bringing in quality fa's like Vanden Bosch, Thorton, Hope, Givens, etc and by having 2 good drafts in a row. The Packers on the other hand seem to be stuck in limbo until the Favre era merifully comes to an end. Their O-Line is pathetic. They lose their best playmaker in Walker. They let Favre hold them hostage all spring. This organization has no direction and no long term plan. By the middle of 2006, the Titans will be on the upswing while the Packers will be spiraling down into Lions land. It wont be pretty for the Cheeze Whiz...

San Fran, with the Titans a close second

(and I hate to say that as a Vince lover)

1455395[/snapback]

Vince wont play a part in the success or failure of the Titans season this year as he will firmly planted on the bench beside Fisher with clipboard in hand...

The Titans and Packers were both bad last year.  Before last year, the Titans had to blow up the entire team in a salary cap move.  It was done full well knowing that 2005 and 2006 would be rebuilding years, but the future would be brighter.  The Titans were the youngest team in the league last year.  And they will be even younger in 2006.  But the Titans are making steps to improve the long term future of the team by bringing in quality fa's like Vanden Bosch, Thorton, Hope, Givens, etc and by having 2 good drafts in a row.  The Packers on the other hand seem to be stuck in limbo until the Favre era merifully comes to an end.  Their O-Line is pathetic.  They lose their best playmaker in Walker.  They let Favre hold them hostage all spring.  This organization has no direction and no long term plan.  By the middle of 2006, the Titans will be on the upswing while the Packers will be spiraling down into Lions land.  It wont be pretty for the Cheeze Whiz...

1455391[/snapback]

So the answer is no sig line bet? I need an up or down vote. :D

I only asked because you said this

"The Packers will be the worst team in football and should get the #1 pick. "

but if you don't want to back up your words with a bet I'll understand. :D

That said I know they are re-building. Tha Packers are too but in a different manner. Thay have added pieces that will help this year and will be better than last season.

So the answer is no sig line bet? I need an up or down vote. :D

I only asked because you said this

"The Packers will be the worst team in football and should get the #1 pick. "

but if you don't want to back up your words with a bet I'll understand. :D

That said I know they are re-building. Tha Packers are too but in a different manner. Thay have added pieces that will help this year and will be better than last season.

1455458[/snapback]

I believe that I already have a sig line bet on this with SwissCheeseHead...

I believe that I already have a sig line bet on this with SwissCheeseHead...

1455466[/snapback]

You do know the Jets and Niners are probably the worst. Houston may be too. You and the Saints should be better this year. I hope the Packers are too. I think the D will be and if they are Brett should press a little bit less.

He has been too much a gambler and Sherman never really reeled him in. McCarthy should be better at that. At least I hope so.

You do know the Jets and Niners are probably the worst. Houston may be too. You and the Saints should be better this year. I hope the Packers are too. I think the D will be and if they are Brett should press a little bit less.

He has been too much a gambler and Sherman never really reeled him in. McCarthy should be better at that. At least I hope so.

1455483[/snapback]

I believe Favre is way past the "reeling in" stage :D

:D you mean you're talking about last season and two seasons that haven't even happened yet?

1455262[/snapback]

Wow, Az -- you're slower than I thought. :D

The Titans and 49ers have ALREADY picked in the top 10 for two years in a row. This thread is about next year. I believe they'll both be in the top 10 next year, which would make THREE years in a row.

You do know the Jets and Niners are probably the worst. Houston may be too.

1455483[/snapback]

Yes, they suck, but at least they are attempting to build for the future. Well, the 49ers are anyway. But the Packers are trying to tread water and are drownding in the process. GB has no long term plan. No reason to think that this team is moving forward in any strategic way. No reason to hope. Something is wrong in Cheeseland. And I see them having some pretty systemic problems that will keep them in a prolonged downward spiral into the abyss of the NFL cellar.

Wow, Az -- you're slower than I thought. :D

The Titans and 49ers have ALREADY picked in the top 10 for two years in a row. This thread is about next year. I believe they'll both be in the top 10 next year, which would make THREE years in a row.

1455580[/snapback]

uhh, what about your crap about nolan being retained after an imagined 3 straight dismal seasons? that couldnt even happen until 2 seasons out from now. that whole post of yours was just a confused f'n garble of lame speculation.

Yes, they suck, but at least they are attempting to build for the future.  Well, the 49ers are anyway.  But the Packers are trying to tread water and are drownding in the process.  GB has no long term plan.  No reason to think that this team is moving forward in any strategic way.  No reason to hope.  Something is wrong in Cheeseland.  And I see them having some pretty systemic problems that will keep them in a prolonged downward spiral into the abyss of the NFL cellar.

1455581[/snapback]

You mean drafting Pacman Jones in the 1st round is building for the future? :D

Tough words from someone who won't bet.

uhh, what about your crap about nolan being retained after an imagined 3 straight dismal seasons?  that couldnt even happen until 2 seasons out from now.  that whole post of yours was just a confused f'n garble of lame speculation.

1455794[/snapback]

C'mon Az......how hard was it ???? He said that the 49'ers and Titans could posssibly be picking in the top 10 for the 3rd straight year next year..........sometimes it easier to just say, oops, I was wrong. :D

uhh, what about your crap about nolan being retained after an imagined 3 straight dismal seasons?  that couldnt even happen until 2 seasons out from now.  that whole post of yours was just a confused f'n garble of lame speculation.

1455794[/snapback]

"Confused"? :D Yeah, confusing to one person. :D

I said that despite three consecutive seasons in the bottom ten of the league, the coaching staffs of both the Titans and 49ers would probably be retained. Sure Nolan wasn't responsible for the first horrible year that landed them the 2005 #1 pick, but he WAS responsible for leading the 6th-worst team in 2005 (2006 DRAFT) and WILL BE responsible for leading another bottom-ten team in 2006 (2007 DRAFT). Despite picking high in every round for three consecutive years, I believe both Nolan and Fisher will remain the coaches of their teams for the 2007 draft/season. Why is that difficult to understand?

Or are you just upset about reading "speculation"? If so, I'd suggest you restrict all your sports intake to box scores. :D

C'mon Az......how hard was it ????  He said that the 49'ers and Titans could posssibly be picking in the top 10 for the 3rd straight year next year..........sometimes it easier to just say, oops, I was wrong.  :D

1455807[/snapback]

Yeah, basically. :D

Actually, he wasn't even "wrong" about anything, but he could have just said, "Oh, okay -- I get it now" or something. :D

Hey, anybody that calls themselves a "defensive guru" and thinks the Panthers have a problem stopping the run, when the ranked 3rd in the entire league :D -just check the Panthers stats vs the (sorry BS1) the Falcons, who happen to be the NFL's #1 rushing attack, and ya got to question his objectivity in anything he writes-just my opinion.

1454827[/snapback]

I never claimed to be a defensive guru, but thanks for the compliment. Also, how stupid are you. Atlanta is a one dimensional team, and Carolina stacked 8 and 9 men in the box to stop them, any team could do that for 2 weeks out of the yr. What happened when carolina met Dallas and Seattle who were multi-dimensional teams. You guess it. both ran the ball down their gut, because if they put 8 or 9 in the box, Bledsoe or Hass burned them deep, so they had to play straight up and were run all over.

If I was a Carolina fan, Id be concerned about Carolina stopping the run, because that 3rd ranked run defense is a mirage. When your offense picks on the dreads of the NFC, it makes the other team one dimensional, forcing them to pass. When you pass, you are not running, so it helps your yards per game which reflects your rank vs the run.

Its unfortunate you probably just learned something, so your welcome for the lesson.

I never claimed to be a defensive guru, but thanks for the compliment. Also, how stupid are you.  Atlanta is a one dimensional team, and Carolina stacked 8 and 9 men in the box to stop them, any team could do that for 2 weeks out of the yr.  What happened when carolina met Dallas and Seattle who were multi-dimensional teams. You guess it.  both ran the ball down their gut, because if they put 8 or 9 in the box, Bledsoe or Hass burned them deep, so they had to play straight up and were run all over. 

If I was a Carolina fan, Id be concerned about Carolina stopping the run, because that 3rd ranked run defense is a mirage.  When your offense picks on the dreads of the NFC, it makes the other team one dimensional, forcing them to pass.  When you pass, you are not running, so it helps your yards per game which reflects your rank vs the run. 

Its unfortunate you probably just learned something, so your welcome for the lesson.

1456177[/snapback]

Yeah, but not really "learned" anything just reinforced my opinion that you have absolutley no clue at all.